Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Yeah its what spinningbabies says, it's what my hypnobirthing instructor said, and it's what all the ladies here who do lots of reseach say so when the midwife said right was better, I guess I was too shocked to ask for clarification! I have to admit, I wouldn't be surprised if she was just saying whatever she thought would make me worry less. Which I'd be annoyed at; I want facts not a therapist thank you. But she's a strange mix of authoritarian, "I-know-what-I'm-doing, don't-you-worry-your-little-head" type. She's not as horrible as that, but you know... lol

caro - nope no more signs, I keep hoping to see some plug everytime I go the loo, :) bump does that to me too, keeps rolling from side to side but stays mainly on the left.

Is anyone else bored of sleeping in the same position every night or is it just me??

Went looking for newborn socks and ending up buying some more boy orientated (as they didnt have any plain white) - last time I got a pink changing bag as it was really funky and on sale...and I had a girl. Prehaps it'll work out and I'll have a boy this time!

I had a re-cap session at 32 weeks. I've been having to force myself to listen to the CD though :blush: Justina O'Leary does. my. head. in.

ive been meaning to start my yoga up but havent so id be terrible at getting a cd lol id never do it lol

im using the excuse of my house isnt finished so theres no room....and yet instead of finishing the house which i need to do im on here hahaha

im goin to start my dvd on saturday i think lol i love it when im doing it so no idea why im not

I got a 6 week hypno course and started at 32 weeks I think, maybe 31.

I just had hiccups on the left side! :dohh:

Did my hypnocourse from 27 to 31 weeks. I should do more practice instead of pretending that laying down and ending up napping is the same... :dohh:

The nearest thing I've done is used the shazam game on wii fit to help focus my breathing! lol.

evening ladies :) been away for a few days for my birthday and now I'm so far behind :D

I feel 99% of pickles movement next to my belly button on the right hand side, occassionally behind the belly button but mainly on the right - I assume that's their legs? Sometimes I feel them on the left but it's so rare!

Have my MW appointment tomorrow where I'm hoping I can book into a HB so ladies, keep your fingers crossed for me :)

hahaha u do make me laugh ladies :)

ive got 2 numbers for local hypnotherapists so ile give them a call see what they offer, so ive got plenty of time before i need to start.

its getting so scary how close my due date seems to be getting even tho when i say it outloud it sounds ages away

I just had my first hypnobirthing class at the weekend - feeling much more confident about my hbac already :happydance:

I just had my first hypnobirthing class at the weekend - feeling much more confident about my hbac already :happydance:

im hoping the class gives me more confidence. im turing into a nervous wreck about this birth

What actually is a birthing centre? Our hospital has a new one opening this summer with 6 rooms in it. If you're not 'allowed' a homebirth would they let you use the birthing centre instead?

A birth centre is a midwife led unit and generally the criteria for a home birth is the same as it is for a birth centre. They can more easily refuse you use of the birth centre than they can refuse to support your home birth. They are obliged to attend you at home but not obliged to allow you in their birth centre :)

That said some people have used home birth as leverage to getting to use a birth centre over consultant led units.

the birthing centre in my hospital was a brighter painted room then the average hospital one. it had a better chair in it, also birthing balls thats about it.

I know the new centre will have birthing pools in every room which is a good thing as I'm really up for a water birth this time round :) I never even went near water with Amelie and I think I really would have benefitted :dohh:

reason I ask is cos OH is really unsure of a homebirth now :\ he was ok with it until he thought about it too much and is anxious about what ifs. Sigh.

Our PCT has a proper birth centre out in the sticks (not even in the same county which I find rather odd!) which sounds lovely but as it's so far away from the hospital it makes no sense for me to even consider it. Our hospital also has a birth suite thing which apparently I was in as that's where the pools are I am told. (My hospital visit was booked for one hour after my son was delivered so I've never yet had a tour!) The room was nice and big and had a pool etc. It was very hospitally though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->