Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Thanks for the kind words ladies, Boyo and I have spoken about this a lot and we really feel that if possible, it is the road we would like to go down.

Every time we have gone to the hospital we have been stressed and mostly upset by how it has all been handled and we were left last week wondering if they can not get a simple appointment right or a sympathetic Dr to speak to us about something we were led to believe was fairly important, how on earth will they make us trust them at the most important time of our lives?

We are due to see our midwife again next week and we are going to tell her our thoughts and take it from there. Whether she is for it or not, we will make our decision and do what we need to, be it pay privately or whatever.

This is a huge deal for us, it is our first baby and there are many things we will not have control over, this might just be one thing we do......:hugs:

xxx

Oh I love you lot so much!! You always make me smile....!!
My MW did mention something about 'tweaking' if labour slowed...I thought she was kidding!!
Mind you, what a romantic atmosphere we'll all have going on....
Candles, oils, mood lighting, a birth pool and an open fire.....
Blow me, all I'll need is some Barry White and we'll all be well away!!!!!!! Ahahahaha!!

ER - as much as it may seem strange me saying this, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has 'those thoughts'. Sometimes I feel like bursting into tears that something beyond my control will happen, but we must fight it!!

This thread really, truly, is the most supportive thread on this forum and I thank you all for that girlies xxxx

(I'm off to find some Barry White....!!) haha

Barry White....girl you got me cracking up here! :lol:

I have actually put a Barry track on my labour playlist.....:blush:

Aww god love Luther. I saw him at Sheffield back in the day....I saw 'thin Luther' :lol: Yeah - he's going on there too. And some Stevie......

This is the song I'd like playing when I give birth.....the words are perfect.....

"And though you don't believe that they do
They do come true
For did my dreams
Come true when I looked at you
And maybe too, if you would believe
You too might be
Overjoyed, over loved, over me...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faD3YF0zhNg

Wow, now that's nice :)
I am now going to spend this evening doing my playlist!!
I am quite a folk music fan, so will have some Bob Dylan, David Gray, Mumford & Sons me thinks.
Also, the Cranberries, as I am a massive fan of Delores :)

Ooooh and I must put some Kate Bush on there too!!

Oh a love a bit of Kate!! My dad is coming over in the morning with his hard drive with 44000 tracks on it!! :lol: He's got everything from classical right through to Florence and The Machine so I'm gonna nab loads of tuuunes! :happydance:

OOhhhhh, can I be added to the list? I have an EDD of 10/16.

I have NO idea what I want for music. There was a Kasabian song that came on the radio when I was driving to work a few months back, and I thought "Oooh, I want that on the iPod for when I give birth." and haven't thought that about anything since!

HAHAHA, I love this group.

I don't think OH will be doing much nipple tweaking....however I can't promise that Liv won't be having any mummy milkies which surely has the same effect???

Your talking about music reminds me of having liv. I was due to pack my OH's bag for the big day the day after I went into labour (37+5) which would have contained my CDs....

Anyway, I chucked a handful of albums in my bag as the taxi pulled up outside, but nothing took my fancy so I asked for the radio on. Low and behold now the ONLY song I remember from having Liv was that GODAWFUL Veronicas song....i feel so untouched and i need you so much and i just caaaant forget youuu OMG me and OH crack up laughing every time we hear it! :rofl:

silver_penny and trumpetbum I have added you ;) I cant believe we have October dates already!! It will be my daughter's 2nd birthday around the time you are about to have your home births! :D

Wow - October dates?! That makes my three week wait seem like nothing!! Eeeek!!
Welcome to all the new ladies :) this thread is fandabydozey ;)

Hmmmm, this playlist thing is quite difficult. I guess I'll just add loads and then make sure that the laptop is not too far from reach and I can pick and choose.
Florence and the machine - that's another great album to add to the list - ooooh, and Bloc Party :)

Thanks for the kind words ladies, Boyo and I have spoken about this a lot and we really feel that if possible, it is the road we would like to go down.

Every time we have gone to the hospital we have been stressed and mostly upset by how it has all been handled and we were left last week wondering if they can not get a simple appointment right or a sympathetic Dr to speak to us about something we were led to believe was fairly important, how on earth will they make us trust them at the most important time of our lives?

We are due to see our midwife again next week and we are going to tell her our thoughts and take it from there. Whether she is for it or not, we will make our decision and do what we need to, be it pay privately or whatever.

This is a huge deal for us, it is our first baby and there are many things we will not have control over, this might just be one thing we do......:hugs:

xxx

Hey Pops - that is brilliant news, I'm so pleased for you. :happydance:

I totally agree with you.. It is such a huge and important experience, why can't some of the people you met on the way, the ones that are meant to be there to help you, be kind, gentle, sympathetic and understanding. Sometimes some dr's (and some other people, i met, i might add) treat you like an imbecile just because you are pregnant - and talk about birth, like the removal of a tumor, not the begining of a new life and a wonder to behold!

There are lots, and lots of lovely dr's and MW'S out there though, so I shouldn't be too down on them. My GP, after a hesitant start.. was and still is very supportive.

Having your OH, supportive of your choices, is just the best!! - you can get through anything with his love and if he is your biggest advocate!

Let us know how you get on at you MW's appointment? I'm very excited for you.
xxx

I'm so excited for everything to start. It's like I want it to hurry up and happen before I lose my nerve or something! I've been having period type cramps on and off all day (all afternoon, had gone by 6pm, back by 8pm, faded in the bath, reappeared now), and I'm telling myself he's engaging loads. Wishful thinking!

I can totally see Pops having a HB. She's a total homebody and I agree with Bournefree that the support of her boyo is the cherry on the cake :)

Hey Pops - that is brilliant news, I'm so pleased for you. :happydance:

I totally agree with you.. It is such a huge and important experience, why can't some of the people you met on the way, the ones that are meant to be there to help you, be kind, gentle, sympathetic and understanding. Sometimes some dr's (and some other people, i met, i might add) treat you like an imbecile just because you are pregnant - and talk about birth, like the removal of a tumor, not the begining of a new life and a wonder to behold!

There are lots, and lots of lovely dr's and MW'S out there though, so I shouldn't be too down on them. My GP, after a hesitant start.. was and still is very supportive.

Having your OH, supportive of your choices, is just the best!! - you can get through anything with his love and if he is your biggest advocate!

Let us know how you get on at you MW's appointment? I'm very excited for you.
xxx

Thank you my lovely :hugs: We have just spent the past 2 hours talking about it and I called my Mumsy to get her opinion and she said she is not in the least bit surprised we are considering it as it would suit us down to the ground. We are going to watch this "One Born Every Minute" programme in a second and I bet it just confirms our thoughts.

I have our Midwifes number and am going to call her tomorrow to discuss as we don't want to leave it until we see her, we want an idea of what she thinks so we know where we stand. I will most definately update you guys with as to how it went :hugs:

I can totally see Pops having a HB. She's a total homebody and I agree with Bournefree that the support of her boyo is the cherry on the cake :)

:hugs: I am and it is the cherry on the cake! You know him Lise, all he cares about is me and our baby being happy and he would do whatever I wanted but it is obvious he is really keen on this idea. He has posted on his car forum tonight and is now talking to a few fellas on there who with their wives made the decision to have a homebirth and one even posted some pics.....his wife loks so happy and chilled 80% of the way through her labour :thumbup:

This is all very exciting and has made me feel really, I don't know, calm I think....

xxx

I have to wait until 10 to watch One born every minute on 4 +1 as DH is watching Extreme fishing :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->