Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I would be absolutely stunned if I went into labour before 41 weeks (famous last words...) :)

I'll try to hold on Kandy, but I'm not good at that. I had a friend who was due November 15 and I was due December 13 and she said if I had Isaiah before she had her daughter she was going to come from Barrie and kick my ass.

Well, she went overdue and had her daughter on November 30...Isaiah was born 17 hours later, lmao.

Another update! Spoke to my MW (well one of them) and they're coming out for my Homebirth risk assessmenty thingy appointment next week :D YAY!

The very nice Dr wrote in my notes they're not concerned about a HB - TAKE THAT MWs :D:D

I am concerned about shoulder dy-whatsit so I'm going to ask about how they would manage that but at the moment I think that's the only thing I'm concerned about.

Now, if only this baby would make the slightest effort of making like they know they're due to move down that would be good! *stares at belly*

Good news Gertrude!

I have a presentation scan tomorrow which I'm looking forward to. I'm sure he's head down, as the movement I am feeling is completely different to what I felt with my oldest son who was breech throughout :)

on Monday the Dr used a portable scanner thing to check which way round baby was (what is it with Dr's? they really don't seem as capable as MW's! - couldn't find the hb, couldn't work out which way they were) and this one is still head down - has been since the 28w check up! I think they're a lazy baby :D

Quick update from me, ctx died off around lunchtime, so frustrating!! ARGH. Just gonna carry on drinking tea and had a curry again, so fed up! :(

Oh Abz I totally expected an announcement when I saw your name on the thread! Well they've started so they'll finish. Just a tea break right? ;) You'll get yours soon.

All you ladies on the brink and I don't think I'm that far behind

Abz rest and be thankful honey! If they die off you get to have some sleep and go into labour feeling fresher and rested rather than totally knackered!! If they carry on you get a baby!! Win win!!

I am so uncomfortable tonight. I'm having a lot of consistent and uncomfortable braxton hicks contractions. I wouldn't say painful, but they're making me very uncomfortable. I still need another week though.

Okay you April girls!!!!!

I don't think you heard me right the first time.....

WAIT YOUR TURN!!!!! :flower:

Hubby put out tonight :D Been having ctx q2-3 mins since which was an hr ago along with more bloody show. These are VERY diff from the BH I've been experiencing and definitly stop me in my tracks. It's weird, I've never gone into labour before naturally and feel in complete disbelief though this could very well be some prodromal ctx that fade away :shrug: But they friggen hurt none the less. Checked my dilation 45 mins ago and I was 2cm and baby's head was a tad lower so some progress but still not labour..... think I'm gonna go check again [I'm worse then a m/w lol]. They've become +++ more painful since I came on here! and perhaps I should update hubby... he's sleeping

I hope you orgasmed!!..not to be rude or or anything, but that helps it along too!

Brill Kandy! I know you won't be long. :D

Last night I dreamt I gave birth in the pool. Two labour dreams in three nights... 37 weeks now though so I guess it's ok whenever now.

Ooohhh KK get yourself up and down some stairs 2 at a time! lets have a BnB HB baby today!!!

w00p!!!!!

yay Kandy! hope your LO turns up nice and soon now :)

Abz, sorry they settled down hun, fx'ed not long now!

I've just packed DH off to work as don't think anythings happening here today, really thought last night things were starting but nope, all gone away since going to bed, grrr xxx

Yep I did orgasm....

and my baby boy Jayah is here weighing 9lbs even and 22 inches long! So there was a good size baby in there! Here's a run down of how it went:

9:45pm hubby and I finished....
Had quite an intense ctx immediately afterwards and decided to bring some more on after with some nipple stim. So q3 mins I'd start the stim and would get a ctx rather instantaneously. After about 15 mins of that I stopped to see if they'd continue on their own and they did. Checked myself and I was 1-2cm then did some chores and wrote my bnb update. At 11 I decided to wake hubby up and get him to get the pool ready. Ran out of water when it was halfway full so had to finish it off with pots of stove heated water. Called the m/w at around 11:30? By that point the ctx were quite painful and I was uttering some not nice words and wasn't paying much attention to time.... I think I was much more vocal this time around :blush: M/w arrived around 12ish and asked if I wanted to be checked. I said yes cause I wanted to know and the last time I had checked I couldn't reach it. I was 5-6cm and baby was at -2 station. I then put on a bikini top and hopped in the pool. Instant improvement but the ctx still hurt like a bugger! The next hour was INTENSE! It felt like eternity and I couldn't figure out why there was such lg gaps btwn fhr checks. Turns out they were down 15 mins but it felt more like q30-45 mins! I also vomited twice during tht time. There were many times I thought I was crazy for not wanting meds but the thought of driving 45 mins to hospital was a strong deterrent. I think it was around 1 that I got pushy. There was no rest and be thankful stage this time around. Other then a few remember to breathe reminders from the m/w she was entirely hands off and didn't request a ve or anything. I just did what my body told me to do which was essentially thrash around the pool like a drowning elephant and get into all sorts of strange positions

Feel some good things are happening!
Oh it is so exciting ladies!! Love it when our homebirth group ladies might be in labour.
Sending you calm and love

MASSIVE EDIT!
Say what Kandy?!?! I'm on tender-hooks? Where is the other bit?!? I'm dying to know what happened.
XxX

Im only 5+6 so I've not seen a MW yet. From the research I did last night I read that the threshold for a HB is the same as that for a water birth, BMI of 40 or above. I'm trying to get some excercise in and I'm trying to eat better and better portions thanks girls

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->