Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

congratulations Kandy - well done for resisting the induction pressure and justing letting it all happen when LO was ready :thumbup::happydance::happydance:

Saw my consultant again today for a presentation scan. Good news is that LO is definitely head down, and 4/5 engaged :D

Bad news is that each person I saw (midwife, consultant and student) tried again to persuade me to have a hospital birth :wacko: Very annoying.

Saw my consultant again today for a presentation scan. Good news is that LO is definitely head down, and 4/5 engaged :D

Bad news is that each person I saw (midwife, consultant and student) tried again to persuade me to have a hospital birth :wacko: Very annoying.

Great news Lou about being engaged! You know, I didn't get an engaged more than 3/5, even when I was in latent labour.. (except, of course I did get more engaged than this, because she came out! hahaha!)

Terrible they are even trying to dissuade you! They have no right to. They can only inform you of risks and benefits... shame the benefits are often omitted. How can that be facilitating informed choice?
XxX

Also, can I just say a huge congratulations to MervsMum (Lisa), our thread creator, for another very sucessful birth with Anababe! It has been wonderful for me esp to see the work that you do as a doula from both-sides of your relationship.
Of course we have all offered our joy at Anababe's fantastic birth, but Lisa's invaluable skills as a doula, for me, haven't gone un-noticed. Your an inspration Lisa and a primary advocate and support for pregnant and labouring women. Well done to you too.
XxX

Also, can I just say a huge congratulations to MervsMum (Lisa), our thread creator, for another very sucessful birth with Anababe! It has been wonderful for me esp to see the work that you do as a doula from both-sides of your relationship.
Of course we have all offered our joy at Anababe's fantastic birth, but Lisa's invaluable skills as a doula, for me, haven't gone un-noticed. Your an inspration Lisa and a primary advocate and support for pregnant and labouring women. Well done to you too.
XxX

Here here!!!!! :thumbup:

Shhh she'll get all big headed LOL

I think we'd all be a bit lost without Lisa and this board!

Ladies another update from me :)

Went to the hospital again for todays BP check and the first one was off the scale so I sat properly in the chair and they did it again and it was fine and below the threshold of concern again :)

I was a little worried last night about babies movements so they monitored me for a bit and everything is just how it should be :) so that was nice - though I'm not having ANY BH's :D bloody baby is too comfy - I'm sure I saw a delivery of a TV and DVD player this morning :haha:

my wee still has protein in it and also leuthrocytes (sp?) which suggests an infection but I suspect this was more to do with the wee being so concentrated. When I arrived I needed a wee so asked did they need a sample? No no no, not today was the response so I have a wee. Then guess what, yes they did need one and i literally had to squeeze it out! Fucks sake. Anyway, they have suggested an infection since all this started but the wee they sent for testing didn't show anything up of any level, just that something was slightly off

So I'm back home and curled up on the sofa again (yay!) I really need to do some clearing away though :blush:

ahh well i'm nearly mirroring gertrude! phoned Dr's this morning cos I've had long nose bleeds everyday since sunday. Turns out my bp's quite high for me 155-160/90, despite taking it 4 times and waiting for a bit in between :S and theres white blood cells in my pee. She's booked me into the day assessment unit this afternoon and to have some blood tests beforehand :dohh:. Everything was going so smoothly so this had better not be the start of a slippery slop! fx'ed all settles down this afternoon!

XxX

Lisa really is absolutely amazing, I havent even had the chance yet to properly thank her for everything she has done and how much her support has meant to me. I dont believe I would have gotten the wonderful calm birth I had wanted if it hadnt been for Lisa so yes she really is an inspiration and an amazing person.. :hugs::hugs: (now dont let all this go to your head :winkwink: )

i want lisa as my doula :( but i live too far away. just hope the one i find is as good

Hey ladies. I had my birth art session this morning and also the MW came round while the doula, J, was still here (which was enlightening!) to drop off the somewhat sparse homebirth kit. I've put a big update in my journal so won't repeat it her clogging everything up but you are all welcome to look if you want to see a bit more about the birth art.

J has offered for us to phone or ask her to come round during the birth if we want/need her to. She's been so great. If there's one thing I've learnt through this journey it's just how extremely generous and caring women are for one another. Both the people in 'real life' like J and you ladies on here. Such support. I suppose we can go through such trauma where childbirth is concerned so perhaps that makes us all the more supportive but however good women are I'm not sure I've known so many, essentially strangers, be so good to others in such personal ways.

Thanks all. :kiss:

:blush:

Thank you for your kind words. All you strong women inspire me daily and to be a part of your births some times in the virtual sense and other times in the very literal sense is always a privilege. Its particularly special to me as today is the anniversary of my own home birth. My little lad is a year old today....:cloud9:

Women rock. Fact.

wow MM, i remember reading your story and it being such an inspiration, cant believe that was a year ago!! :)

happy birthday to ur little man for yesterday!

Happy due date to me! I'm feeling positive today as both my heartburn and my horrible cold seem to have disappeared.....interesting ......

Aha thats why I have horrid heartburn today LOL

fx'ed you go today Abz!

after ending up being monitored at the hospital yesterday I was doing absolutely nothing on the trace :dohh:. Off for a swim later to try and get things moving or have a horrible feeling i'm going to be fighting the induction card later this wk...they're gonna have to have a blooming good reason for me to agree to that though! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->