Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

C'mon girls don't hold out for the Royal wedding I want baby goodness to coo at this weekend!

I want mine today. Imagine giving birth over bank holiday weekend? All the drunks every night and brattish thugs during the day boozing everywhere and decking everything. I don't think my hypno would get me through that. I don't mind if she comes tonight but she'll he cutting it fine as DH doesn't get home from work til half 8.

Baby will decide to kick off at the most inconvenient time...us girls are like that!

Well they're all inconvenient now til May! Lol. She's already list me £500! :lol:

Oh Brandi - try not to succumb to these feelings. It's going to be alright. You won't be pregnant forever. You have some good signs. Don't put pressure on yourself. That added pressure won't make things happen.

Are there any special considerations about you going over EDD where you are in Canada? (i.e policies etc) Not that this should matter, but it will be effecting how you feel. Like in the UK women at 41+5 (12 days post EDD) are routinely pressured into induction of labour (sometimes even before this date)

It's ok to feel like you do, but lots can and will prob happen in the next 3 weeks, while you are in the "term window" upto 42 weeks. But remember, what is term for you and the baby, is when the baby comes and your baby releases the right make up of hormones to say their lungs are ready and start things off.

Keep up all the fun stuff! Stay positive and try to relax about it. We are all here for support and to buoy you up when you need it.
XxX

I'm honestly not sure of any policies in this area. I only live a few hours away from Kandy but I don't know if they would be the same or not. This is also my first homebirth so most of my information is what I've picked up from here.

I made a point to discuss it with my midwife yesterday that I would not consider any interventions (sweep, induction, etc) until 42 weeks, unless there was a serious medical concern that required me to have an intervention prior, and that, unlikely as it would be, I still would not consider an induction post-42 weeks unless it was medically necessary.

I half expected her to be against it and try to talk me out of it, but she surprisingly didn't. She respected my point of view and agreed with me. She said she's had a few women who take the expectant management route and have perfectly healthy babies and the midwives (I have 2 and a backup) have no issues with it whatsoever.

On that note, I doubt I'll go to 42 weeks. I do think I'm going to go over though, by at least a few days. I have two dates, based on insemination and LMP and my midwives also said that if need be, they can look at my dates and adjust them to buy me a few extra days. Based on insemination, I'm due April 27, but based on LMP, I'm due May 2, so April 28, while over, I may not actually be over yet, if that makes sense.

I'm just holding on to hope that she comes soon.

is it weird I'm actually a bit jealous of those of you still waiting to have your LO's? Home birthing was such an amazing experience I already want to do it again...!

Caro you're weird! Though I feel excited by all the tightenings I have right now. So so hope this is the real start now.

Ooooh I've got my fingers crossed PB and Pinkmonki for something starting :D

- been away with DH and DS for a few days - lovely weather but slept terribly - be glad to get into my own bed tonight - can't believe the uncomfiness is starting already :(

Caro you're weird! Though I feel excited by all the tightenings I have right now. So so hope this is the real start now.

hehe, yeah maybe! but it is v v exciting! guess a wk on and i've forgotten the pain already! hope the tightenings lead to something for you, climbing the stairs helped get me going! xx

Well not sure we're getting anywhere or not. Lol. I seem to be THE worst symptom spotter!

We've not heard from Lousielou have we, I bet she's having hers right now!

ah, it'll prob happen soon! symptoms are sounding promising for something starting!

hope we have more baby news tomorrow! x

Did I miss an announcement (would not surprise me in my current baby-brain state :wacko: ) or has anyone heard from GeorgeyGal? :flower:

She had a thread about induction and I think in the end decided to go for it, did she? I've not heard since that thread.

I DID IT!!!

Tom was born at home, in water at 4.38pm. No drugs, no tear, lovely midwives - an absolutely amazing experience! 9lbs 10oz!! Will update properly tomorrow :happydance:

Lou - You know, I was going to say that it was all quiet … massive congratulations!!!! Your brilliant! I’m in awe of you, and over the moon for you - and like Caro says, I could do it all again in a instant!!! Home birth rocks!

Pink - you know what’s going on better than your mw! Feel good about it! You and your baby are sharing your body, so why should you know best!

Also I can’t abide the “good girl” comments! Wouldn’t help me one bit! I’m not against encouragement, just being made to feel like a chid! - Hello! Having a baby! I’ve had sex and everything - I’m a women and have been since my first menstruation and I’m over 18 - an adult! Though I have to admit that “good women” doesn’t have a ring to it?!?! But please, please to our health professionals, it is demeaning to pregnant women to call us girls! The implications are all wrong.

Brandi - I only guessing, but perhaps it is easier for your Mws to act autonomously and work closely with women, than the institulisation we have in the UK, AND it’s not even what Mws OR women want! Which is perverse! (sorry my own agenda coming out their?!)

Ooo Smokey, your right, GG could be cuddling up to her lovely baby right now!
XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->