Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

i went thru two weeks of it with zane and he was full enaged and ready to come but just wouldnt. unfortunatly for me i didnt have the time to be left to it for much longer. but u do which is a good thing.

i still dont quiet believe im going to get my hb but theres no reason i wont, i suppose when uve had 1 bad experience u just think its going to happen again

I seem to think it'll be a much worse experience for me! Can I blame my irrationality on hormones?

im the same i think im going to end up in hospital needing a section...i wouldnt trust that place to carve a chicken let alone go near me. so we can both blame hormoans lol

Youre insane! No you're not you're normal but every post I've read over the past few days has made me think the same thing. Surrender. You must surrender. Analysing why etc moves you further away from birth. Switch OFF the neocortex. Stop thinking. Break down and cry and accept that your baby may be a good two weeks away from joining you. As soon as you truly and I really me truly accept that and surrender you will move towards birth. x

Apparently I can't. Though I can certainly cry! Don't want to see the mw again on tue. I feel like I'm already trapped in their deadlines. Plus I'm super-resentful of all the sunshine and time with my family I'm missing through feeling shit all the time.

On an unrelated note I've started watching The Tudors online because of you. Almost finished first series. I very much like the actress playing the Queen.

Hahaha! I loooove The Tudors as you know....I make Keith talk to me in the style of the king..... 'come Lisa....let us drink fine wine together for it gives me good cheer....'. Yes...I am odd....

Surrender woman! I order you so help me god! (said in a Tudor styleee)

Series 1 so Spanish Catherine.

I've been more relaxed than not, really I have. Today has broken me because after my deathly migraine on Wed and ear infection ever since giving me additional nausea, the arrival of 4 lovely spring days with DH and Byron that I am incapable of enjoying due to feeling too achey to walk enough to go anywhere, too sick to really do anything, too hot and burning too easily to sit out and too tired to not have to sleep for two hours in the day. I want a life again!

Ah yes she's good! Even though she was a twat I thought the actress who played Anne Boleyn was excellent. Wait till Joss Stone rocks up as Anne of Cleeves!! I like lusting after the Duke of Suffolk.....

https://www.thehunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/6a00d8341c606d53ef0115709f554f970b-800wi.jpg

He's ok but I don't seem to be able to fancy any of them. Maybe the pregnancy is making me lustless... I find it hard to understand all their short hairdos! She's kind of interesting, Anne, she has a slightly skewiff face. Couldn't believe there were 4 series, I remember the Radio Times front cover when it was first on. How time flies!

Well MM either yesterday was a hormone change or it led to one because I just awoke to find bloody show everywhere. Omg I'm having a baby in the very near future and have to go through labour! :shock:

Congratulations Jessop! :happydance:

PB - Whoop! I hope that's the start for you, even though you are a big queue jumper! :haha:

I feel your pain on the hormonal worries that something is wrong too. I'm a week over today and I can't help thinking that baby moving back to back means he/she is now presenting in a weird way that means I can't/won't be able to labour effectively.

I went for a 6 hour walk around Chester Zoo yesterday and still nada movement. All I have to show for it is hugely swollen feet and back ache that takes my breath away :cry:

I'm downbeat again, I can't help but feel like after all the fighting to get the bloody homebirth, I'm going to be fighting to keep it this coming week :( The practice here is not to let anyone go more than 10 days over, taking me to Tuesday. However I already spoke to the SoM about this and she is happy for me to go 14 then have daily hospital monitoring.. The possibility of a HB after that though is pretty up in the air and no doubt would require me being stubborn and refusing to go into hospital. Urgh.. I really didn't want this path. :cry:

In other news, it's mine and his anniversary tomorrow and he's convinced baby will show then.. I can only hope.

Maybe baby is waiting til your anniversary! DH just said to me this morning that we missed our anniversary. Well no, it's May 6th. He thought it was 5/4 not 6/5! :lol:

I feel more jolly for a sure sign even if it still takes a while. Sorry for jumping the queue but you could still just get yours just like that while mine is still getting going. ;) I understand the worry about the hb. We have so much more to contend with somehow. It's even harder not to be logging the days as they go by in total dismay when Seville that come 42 weeks we're going to have a battle on our hands. Well my advice is to have a shitty day feeling awful and ill and cross and fed up, cry tonnes, watch a bit of Tudors and then maybe tonight you'll move a step forward! It's scientifically proven don't you know...

I'm sort of glad it's not just me with the barmy ideas about presentation and the likes, the odds of which are generally in our favour. Though I'm also sorry that others are worrying too. You've a good week yet before things get stressful, I guess try and enjoy the sun! :hugs:

Excellent news about the show PB!! In actual fact a home birth is under absolutely no more pressure than a hospital birther as they approach 42 weeks. They will still be pressuring you and throwing new obstacles in our way and I've seen this first hand. No water, constant CTG etc etc so honestly don't tell yourselves you have more contend with. Everyone has the same but you can do something about your perception of that pressure :winkwink:

To be honest, the hope that I'll just suddenly go into labour is the one thing keeping me going. It was very quick with Cole.. Contractions started, admittedly fast and furious from the start and less than 4 hours later I was holding him.. So there's hope... I'm just bloody sick of hope! I want to labour damnit!

I think today's plan will mostly involve a walk somewhere and later a Dexter fest with the first three box-sets. I may even break my no alcohol during pregnancy ban and have a fruit cider..

It's not just you, I think we worry because we've fought so hard for something and planned for 40 odd weeks for this one day that it stands to reason we'd be scared that something we couldn't plan for will spoil it. Here's hoping (argh hope again..) that by next week we're both holding our new babies that were born successfully at home. (But don't be surprised If I have a great big crying hissy fit when you announce your baby girl and mines still doing the YMCA in utero!)

Oh yes MM the pressure for induction is the same, I mean the pressure of fear of losing the homebirth iyswim. Fighting against a system that doesn't want to support hb after 42 weeks. If you're already planning to be in hospital then that's at least one thing less to lose.

Pink I was up for some wine last night but didn't have any. I hardly drink anyway but somehow I really want to now! :dohh: We will so both have had our babies in a week. Exciting much?! We'll sure start at home and yes, let's hope we finish there too!

I don't particularly drink either, it's very much a social thing for me but I can't help but wonder if one bottle would get me sloshed, and being sloshed would make the law of sod kick in, and labour will start just so the midwife can see what a terrible pissed up mummy I'll be..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->