Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

:dohh: It's £10 egg, dunno how that 2 got there. :lol: But yes, endorphin-o-licious! Things are building up now. My mum's setting off shortly to help with the boy.

I'm sure chocolate releases oxytocin!! Mmmmm.....

Keep us updated please PB!! You are a birth goddess! Sending happy home birth vibes!! xx

Especially 70% dark. :cloud9:

My mum'll be here shortly (to find me dancing around in knickers and vest, wired up akin to iron man!). Byron's being put to bed. Think I have red line which seems maybe 4cm ish though it's extremely hard to judge myself. Going to shower when the boy is asleep then really get down to it. I want in that pool!

I'm honestly not sure of any policies in this area. I only live a few hours away from Kandy but I don't know if they would be the same or not. This is also my first homebirth so most of my information is what I've picked up from here.

Midwifery policies are the same province wide. Here there are four contraindications to home birth 1. Breech baby 2. Twins 3. Prematurity (<37 weeks) 4. Postmaturity (>43 weeks)

You still have plenty of time before regulations declare you unfit for homebirth (I hope that is what you're talking about I've only just skimmed the threads... Jayah and life (I finally found a new home so been busy packing) has kept me away from the computer.

Also of note though, hospital policies do tend to differ from what place to another. Essential hospitals are autonomous and the obstetricians who work in them use that to their advantage when creating community specific standards and guidelines which may in fact defy the national sogc (society of obstetricians and gynecologysts) or AOM (association of Ontario midwives) guidelines. These differences vary from confirming to evidence based practice :thumbup: yet declining midwives the right to maintain care of their clients in the event of induction or epidural to insisting that best practice is routine induction of everyone at 41 weeks... or 41+3 or whatever the hospital specific ob committee declared most appropriate.... Ofcourse anything can be declined and IF you do decline their recommended care if you were ever in NEED (eg you 'could' die if you don't receive care) the hospital staff cannot deny you care even if you have refused to accept any preventative measures that had been offered to you eg induction.

Anyways, if you are every curious about the guidelines the obs/midwives follow here they are all online on the SOGC, AOM and CMO websites.

LOU - CONGRATS!!!!! I'm super happy for you and your growing family!!!!!! :D

PeanutBean - Can't wait to hear of news about the birth!!!!

I also have a question..... I have noticed here that women having been putting on the TENS unit very early on. Is there any evidence that suggests doing so speeds things along? Here using the TENS is generally discouraged until labour is established to prevent the calming effect from halting things completely.... Similar to the recommendation to avoid getting into the bath unless labour is very active or you actually want to contractions to fizzle out so you can rest.

Mmmmm I feel a shopping trip for reduced price Easter eggs coming on to aid labour when it's my turn LOL.

MMMmmm labour eggs, how pagan!

Good going PB sounds like things are ready to ramp up a gear once the temp drops a bit and the kiddie are seen to. Thinking of you xxx

Congratulations jess!! He is beautiful!

So that is one Easter Bunny here... wonder what's happening with Peanut bunny?

Wonderful to read all your posts PB - You sound great!
xxx

kandy i put my tens on around 4/5ish so late afternoon i got to hospital at 10pm and i was a stretchy 4. I think the general guidance is put it on early to get the full benefits, if you put it on late its not as effective, thats what i got told anyway?! certainly didnt slow mine, they were def getting closer and stronger after i put it on it might even have helped as i was more relaxed during the contractions due to the lovely buzzing!!

i no ive been thinking about her for hours myself lol
from the sounds of things ealier it seemed like she was well on her way:D

Hey lovely ladies. Bigger update in journal and birth story to follow when I'm home again with my notes. Summary is:
Indigo May, born 4.30pm, 24th April, at home prostrate on the settee with only tens for pain relief. Very fast active labour and flash in the pan 2nd stage that knocked me for 6 and meant I changed to have a managed 3rd stage after the cord was done pulsating. Mistake! Retained placenta and to theatre I went so currently in hospital but home tomorrow assuming I have no infection etc. Slightly ironic as I had to have antibiotics! But postnatal so different and my girl is perfect. Turns out a pool makes me instantly dilate and push. I felt my uterus go mad as the water level moved up it! :wacko:

Congrats PB! Welcome to the world Indigo May - beautiful name!

I can totally relate with having the home birth then having to head to hospital - I hope all goes well and you get to head home soon! Wonderful that you got to birth your daughter at home - a fantastic entrance to the world xxx

Wowowowowow!!! Brilliant PB!¬! Well done!

Shame about having to go in, (I think we'd all agree that's what the hospitals can be there for;-)

What an amazing experience you and Indigo have had getting her earth-side. LOVE HER NAME. It can be powerful stuff, water! So pleased for you.
Hope you feel good to get home today.
XxX

Congratulations PB! Indigo May is such a beautiful name. Can't wait to see pics. I hope you get back home where you both belong quickly.

Nothing to report from me. 9 days over and apparently I've missed my place in the queue. Going to head over to a local forest today and take Cole for a picnic. Hopefully today will make up for the fact that I'm going to have my MW breathing down my neck from tomorrow.

Would it be bad form to take said baton and use it to poke the baby out?! :haha:

How are you feeling today?

Like I have a new bum, or no bum, or everything is falling out my bum, or similar. But otherwise ok if rather tired. Looking forward to getting home. Awaiting to start self-discharge which I know will take all day.

Ick, I hope that feeling eases off for you. Glad you're feeling ok and fingers crossed your discharge is speedy.

Oh LOL PB hope your bum feels better soon!

So glad the birth went well Hun, can't wait to see our little easter bunny!

Right then pink let's poke yours out! My turn soon eek!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->