Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

PB ever since you had your bloody show every time you post it freaks me out!! It's been well past the last time you posted though, so here's hoping you're busy poo-breathing!

Haha! No I'm not in labour yet. I napped the morning away, had lunch, cleaned the bathroom, showered and have just been for a long walk. Well, long in time anyway but Byron walked most of the way so probably not THAT long! :lol:

We're preparing some tasty tea. DH is going to mow the lawn (get that fresh cut grass in my future birth story). We're going to Hoover and mop and I'll iron and jiggle on the ball. I don't think anything will kick off before Byron is in bed regardless. I feel so much happier today so I'm relaxed again. She's on her way now whenever that might be. I have had constant abdominal happenings from period pains, BHs, contractions and clearouts. She's a-coming. :D

Totally contrary to how I felt yesterday, today I am relishing being 'normal'. I mean having niggles, having a show, waiting for it all to begin, walking with my family, cooking, sitting on the ball etc. With Byron it was so unexpected and was all wrong. Every turn led us further away from where we wanted to be. I really feel that a normal and maybe even comparatively brief labour is possible. For these things to happen in their own time feels really right and like the hb really is possible and we really might just be able to all be comfortably at home together before, during and after. It's a lovely feeling!

Really pleased she's coming along PB! I guess sometimes it only takes the one thing to remind you it's really happening and things are going in the right direction, and you seem to have been so frustrated the past week or so. Get that oxytocin going later with plenty of snuggles with your family of three before you suddenly become four!

I panicked before and thought something was happening with me before it ought to... hyperactive baby, couldn't get away from the toilet (TMI!), loads of pressure and some pain, headache, just not feeling right... felt sick and threw up before having a really nice roast dinner now feeling totally normal again! Think he's just getting himself down there, he's been quiet since (not kicking my ribs in as this morning) and now I just want bed!

Oh I've been having the best snuggles! After the hideousness of yesterday Byron has been beyond gorgeous will cuddles and loveliness. Maybe this feeling is oxytocin induced then? :shrug: I feel very special and lucky tonight.

So for an hour maybe I've been having nuts-close contractions. Not regular really and j highly doubt they're strong enough for anything but this could be the start. DH is bathing Byron and putting him to bed. I'm going to get a few bits ready. Then later we're going to watch Dr Who. These two weeks I've consistently had more uterus activity when sitting so that's fortunate!

I love reading the tone of these posts from you PB.....these sound like a woman surrendering in the most positive and wonderful way and have probably moved you much closer to your baby :cloud9:

I seriously feel amazing! I'm enjoying the pains, even though this one is shooting down my bum! I'm loving feeling this great natural event. I can't wait to sit with DH and cuddle and feel all this happening.

When am I supposed to start using the tens to get the best effect? I don't want to yet, I want to feel sure this is really it first.

yay pb! good luck hun!

I put tens on once i had contractions every 10mins ish and they were keeping me awake around 1am and kept it on until i went in the pool around 8pm the following evening!worked wonders :) xx

woooo PB hope things keep u and get moving for u. glad to hear ur feeling more relaxed tho...im hoping ile feel like this when im at ur stage.

i never thought about using a tens machine but think i will look into it

Well mine are around every 4 mins and have been for ages now. We've just put the tens on but not noticing it. Followed instructions, it's on about 70hz 120 whatever the other dial is. Set to pulse and then I put each channel just on 1. Pressing button during the contractions. It says I should feel a heart beat or pins and needles but don't think I do. Should I put the dials higher?

i did with mine just kept turning until it was buzzing on me when i pressed boost and pulsing nicley the rets of the time (must admit though never read the instructions!!) good luck!!

I'm suddenly so tired so going to try and get some sleep while things are quieter. Presumably I sleep in the tens...?

Ooh PB I'm so excited for you! Hopefully you're either well on your way or holding your baby girl this morning.

Still not so much as a flicker here :( I just want a sign, any sign that baby is planning to vacate the premises at some point over the next week or so.. Alas, nothing. Just a generally wriggly baby who seems to be telling me it's too comfy to leave and pointing out all the room there still is to stretch!

I feel like I'm free-falling towards induction, and it's hateful.

I could do with some tips to brighten my mood and outlook ladies, I know being miserable and grouchy is not going to help me make shiny happy labour hormones start but I really can't seem to pull myself out of this funk.. Help?!

Hello. No baby. No established labour. But under the circumstances of regular contractions all night I'm surprisingly well rested. By which obviously I don't mean I had a great night's sleep! But I'm as rested as I'll ever be and hoping that once I'm on the move today things will really pick up and I'll have a baby before the day is done. No wonder I was knackered with Byron. Twice the time of this with more regular contractions, zero sleep, zero food (I have not stopped eating!) and still only 3cm.

Feeling quite sick. Maybe will be which will no doubt be a good thing.

Here's the funny thing, my future birth story had contractions starting at teatime (check) and Byron coming in at 5am (check). Though I've done better at getting sleep and we've no nursery for the boy so at some point my mum needs to come.

I don't know when to ring the mw...

Sounds like you're well on your way to having the perfect start to labour PB. You sounds wonderfully upbeat and positive, I've no doubt there'll be an update from you at some point today letting us know that your baby girl was born peacefully at home :) Good luck, sugar!

Now now there's the excuse we need to scoff Easter eggs! An Easter baby for PB! c'mon missy you can do it and do it with style!

I've got a huge £20 dark choc thorntons egg downstairs. I reckon that'll come in handy later!

theres no harm in calling the mw now and saying this is whats happening and see what she says.

but i think ur doing great, and getting to 3cm is great. things are looking good.

now i dont want to hear from u again as i want u to be too busy in labour lol x

Oh yes PB very large chocolate egg will definitely help - contains lots of stuff to make you feel good, of which the name has escaped me, anyway I'm sure it will help raise your oxytocin levels :haha::winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->