Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I know I thought I remembered how hard it is and that I couldn't possibly be in as much discomfort as after my traumatic ventouse and epis and indeed my perineum is already feeling much more comfortable which makes these sodding piles all the more awful! I should be up and about by now! My milk came in yesterday. Less than 48hrs :smug: She is such a good feeder I hadn't actually noticed until I heard her glugging and realised that wasn't colostrum! I love when they come off totally asleep and full with milk dribbling from their mouths. :lol:

Ahhh I just love what I call "big mouth babies", nothing more gorgeous than when they attack the breast with a massive wide open mouth and then look so happy and satisfied afterwards! This is something I'm really looking forward to :)

Takes my mind off the super wriggly and hard bump I've got/lack of sleep/constant feeling like baby is going to fall out of my rear end/cleaning I've got to do before MW visit in the morning!! :help:

The mw doesn't need a clean house! Good luck with the appointment. You're not far off now... :)

LOL my house is like a chinese laundry at the moment. Hubby finally got into the loft on monday when we got back from Wales and dragged all the baby bits down so now i have the mammoth task of sorting and washing all of the newborn/0-3 months clothes, car seat, crib bedding, moses basket bedding, snuggle nest etc etc

I've got to the point I really cannot be arsed with work any more, everything is just annoying me, its not that I'm really struggling physically per se I just cant find the energy or enthusiasm to be honest.

Plus I am sick and tired of hearing my Hubby whinge about how tired he is or his latest ache/pain/strain griupe.

Oh HELLLOOOOOO very heavily pregnant lady here! yoohoo can barely tie my own shoe laces and have a petulant baby jabbing me in the ribs.

Chuck - Throw a pack of painkillers at him and tell him to man up ;)

I went for my appointment and you know what, I'm so glad I did! The sweep was unpleasant but at least I know know that baby is right there at 0 station! I'm also 3-4 cms dilated with no thinning left to do :D MW told ne she'll buy me a bottle of wine if I haven't delivered within 48 hours. Still trying not to get my hopes up but damn do I ever feel more positive.

She also booked me in for an hours monitoring on Sat (before sweep was performed) and told ne not to take any shit from them as they'll no doubt start to play hard ball re induction since I'll be 42 weeks then.

Basically she was awesome and I'm praying she's on call when I finally go into labour.

Plus I am sick and tired of hearing my Hubby whinge about how tired he is or his latest ache/pain/strain griupe.

Oh HELLLOOOOOO very heavily pregnant lady here! yoohoo can barely tie my own shoe laces and have a petulant baby jabbing me in the ribs.

Mine isn't too bad, but he is neither use nor ornament if he's not had a good sleep and with me being disturbed at night, he is getting disturbed, so getting more and more tired and grumpy... I wish there was something more useful I could say than "we'll just have to get used to lack of sleep with a newborn!" but that really is the top and bottom of it! My favourite at the minute is to jab him in the stomach and ribs while we're eating at the table or something, THEN he understands why I'm getting grumpy with wriggly baby syndrome :roll:

Happy days @ pinkmonki, you are certainly next in the queue!

... and that's me back to housework now!

Chuck - Throw a pack of painkillers at him and tell him to man up ;)

I went for my appointment and you know what, I'm so glad I did! The sweep was unpleasant but at least I know know that baby is right there at 0 station! I'm also 3-4 cms dilated with no thinning left to do :D MW told ne she'll buy me a bottle of wine if I haven't delivered within 48 hours. Still trying not to get my hopes up but damn do I ever feel more positive.

She also booked me in for an hours monitoring on Sat (before sweep was performed) and told ne not to take any shit from them as they'll no doubt start to play hard ball re induction since I'll be 42 weeks then.

Basically she was awesome and I'm praying she's on call when I finally go into labour.

HAHA the virtual poking with the labour baton is working then LOL!!!

Accost Mister Monki tonight and plan on doing something awesome inthe next couple days so baby can ruin it all....at least you can claim that bottle of wine then!

Squee! OK so screw the not getting my hopes up, I'm quite blatantly excited and having had 4 contractions in the last hour alongside spiteful backache and a whole heap of bloody show, I'll be honest and admit I'm hopeful haha!

Baby has shifted too, no more back to back child!

Dear Christ this better be the start or I swear I'll throttle Mr Monki to death for getting me into this situation!!

Honestly, reaching my due date has me very down and feeling hopeless. I can understand if she was my first baby, as a lot go overdue, but neither of my other two reach the due date. I know all babies and labours are different but I never expected to actually go overdue. I honestly feel at this point that she's never coming and I'm worried that I'm going to be forced into interventions to get her here. I keep hoping beyond hope that the cramps and tightenings turn into something and they never do. I'm actually becoming scared that I'm going to be forced to have an induction or a c-section to get her here and I really don't want that. I'm not so much upset that she isn't here yet, than I am scared that I'll be deemed incompetent to make decisions for myself and be forced to make her come here.

Dear Christ this better be the start or I swear I'll throttle Mr Monki to death for getting me into this situation!!

Not quite to death eh? You need him to help pick things off the floor

Pink yay!! You'll have your baby in a matter of hours now!

Brandi I think we all hit that low time before accepting and picking up again and for me that was a precursor of labour. Remember this lo has a different dad so I'd be surprised if there weren't some significant differences in your preg/labour experience. But you're on a countdown of days now. It really won't be much longer.

:rofl: So true! I've been leaving all kinds of garments and dropped things strewn about as it hurts too much to reach the floor!

LOL but you also have the cutest little thing to be staring at instead of doing stuff!

Hmm perhaps I'll just throttle him a teeny bit then ;)

Definitely looking like early labour ladies. Again, I know this could go on for days really but I'm over the moon to finally have things moving in the right direction. Contracting every 15-20 mins at the moment, nothing painful as yet.

I'll do my best to keep updating as things progress or in the event it all stops I'll no doubt have a rant.

spoke to my mw today and shes so positive about a home birth for me and she says she loves homebirths YAY only downside is that she might not be here when i deliever :(

Moomintroll - that's kinda how I feel about my MW - I just hope she's on call when I go into labour :haha:

Brandi - :hugs: when do you think they'll start hassling you about induction? Just try remember that thing about you've got until 42 weeks until you're 'overdue' :)

Pink - woohoo!

it was just so refreshing to hear a mw being excited about a planned homebirth!
she said some women u can just tell a hb wont suit them but she sees no reason as to why i shouldnt be able to have one with this baby.

she just said aslong as everything is ok from now till 36 weeks, she will then come round to see my home n if its suitable for what i want ect. but if its not here it will be another mw who ive never met before so who knows

my friend went into labour today and when the midwife called round to see how she was after her sweep yesterday she checked her and she was 6cm :D
the midwife then offered to stay round and deliver the baby at home but she was too nervous and wanted to go to the hospital so she is there now having her baby girl :D
i think its so good how the mw offered like that... they really are amazing round here... eeeee im so excited to do it all again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->