Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

well i met a second doula today and i liked her just as much as the first. so i have no idea who to go with :S

Best of luck pink, most important thing is that scary high BP comes down, don't feel bad for going or staying in hospital if that's what you need, you are a natural mummy in mindset and you'll be as in control as possible, cool as a cucumber. Hope to hear some news soon.

To add to the happy pro-midwife party in the last few pages of this thread - my 36 week home visit today went GREAT - such a difference meeting them on your own turf makes. She spent over an hour here and went through everything, every little thing I was concerned about. Even talked me into a physiological third stage which I hadn't intended, but she seemed very confident about it and well, the injection is always there if I want it. She was full of compliments like how organised I was, how much of a good pregnancy 'd had, how positive I was about birth - hello, ego boost!! Seriously though I feel well looked after and I trust these midwives to help me have the nicest birth possible. Another reason to love Liverpool, aside from the obvious, an excellent home birth service!

Parking situation also sorted - lovely building caretaker, mother of 5, "will not allow us to pay" for the use of the car park for the birth. Sun is shining, tiny baby clothes washed and hung to dry on the line (felt it was the right time) - now the waiting game!

Oh PM I'm sure things will calm down.

YOu have to do whats best for both of you and you know hat you want and what your rights are so you can stuck to your guns no matter where you birth.

Remember homebirth is more about mindset than where you actually birth!

That sounds excellent rachie! I'm with the mw, my only regret I'd not trying for the natural 3rd stage in the end but of course I don't know the place ta wouldn't have stuck around anyway.

I've had 4 days now of semi-migraine and today it won't shift. Hope that means it 'll be clear tomorrow. I've had about enough of pain for a lifetime!

Urgh what a shitty shitty afternoon :(

Got to the hospital and was shown into the ugliest, grottiest looking labour room I've ever come across!

The MW then took my BP which was still high and a urine sample. She then told me that the urine sample had +1 protein, though she did admit when pressed that that could and probably was caused by the liquor.

She then tells me I can get changed, to which I said No thanks, I don't intend on staying.. Her raised eyebrow and filthy look said it all really.

She then tells me they need to take blood samples, which I was fine with, until she told me she was going to insert a venflon for IV access. A lovely argument then ensued where I argued that it was completely unnecessary and that I did not want to have it inserted and she argued that it was 'just in case' :growlmad: I then mortified myself by bursting into tears and telling the OH that this was my worst nightmare come true, no one was listening to me and that this was exactly why I wanted a homebirth :blush:.. This made her leave the room and come back with the equipment to take blood via syringe.

She then informs me that because I haven't had a swab for GBS, I'll automatically need antibiotics during labour... Yet another argument ensued whereby I quoted a tonne of facts I didn't know I knew (PB - I love you!) and basically stood my ground and said no damn way! Bear in mind I'd been there less than an hour at this point! :growlmad:

Anyway, as you can imagine, she was getting pretty pissed off by this point (as was I) and basically told me she'd be back with a doctor when my bloods came back. Two hours later she did just that, and boy I'll bet she wishes she'd spoken to him first!

He started by telling me that they didn't like to induce labour too early because the synthetic hormones pose risks... I knew then that I was fine and going home! :happydance: He continued on basically saying that he'd prefer to wait until morning at which point I stopped him and told him I was going home, he simply responded that that was fine. The MW then butts in with her but this and but that and risk of fits because of high BP and I kid you not actually told me that If I had a fit I could fall down anywhere and hurt the baby! :dohh: She then in a very 'but sir' school girl manner told him I'd refused antibiotics.. He told me that risks asked if I understood them and said I could still leave. She did not look a happy bunny!

Anyways, the upshot is, I'm still not in labour proper (no shit after the day I've had!) but I'm back home for now. I will have to go back tomorrow unless baby comes but I'm prepared to battle again. I also have the added problem that technically they don't want me to birth at home any more either, but frankly I don't plan to tell anyone until the last possible moments anyway so that's the least of my worries right now.

Sigh. How the hell did it all end up like this? :cry: Thank you all so much for your messages of support, they honestly did help. You're all bloody awesome. :hugs:

Gosh, Pink! What a shitty ordeal! It really shouldn't have to be this hard, should it>? Where has the support gone for women? Where has the respect gone?

Well done for doing what IS best for you and baby. I whole heartedly wish that you don't have to face that type of ignorance or battle ever again - esp in the stage fo pregnancy you are in now! Your treatment was appauling! - Idiots (thankful for you, for a sensible Dr)

You were a tower of strenght to get through all that, so everything else is going to be a breeze!

Lets hope now you are at home you can relax, start being yourself, go with the flow, and ease into labour.
So much love to you!
XxxX

Haha you secret royalist you! Holding out for a royal wedding baby! Well done for holding your ground and getting what you want and not giving in despite the tiredness etc.

Keep going missus you're doing us and yourself proud!

Oh pink... :( :hugs::hugs::hugs: What a day! Well done to you though, blimey what an onslaught! I'm glad you're home. Have a bath, do some hypno, whatever to try and wind down. I'm with you on the not phoning, I did the same. 6.30pm labour started. I phoned at nearly 2pm the next day, mw arrived 3.15, delivered at 4.30. So glad I didn't call earlier. You'll definitely want a rest before things pick up again.

Oh, PM! I just had to hit the "Thanks" button on your post because it's you that's bloody awesome, missus! You're one informed mama who knows what she wants, and you've done us all proud today! I hope your labour gets going soon and smoothly and a lovely midwife attends you at home at the last possible minute! x

But you did and it's not something to feel guilty about. It felt like the right choice for you at the time? Things were fast and furious and you felt it could offer you what you needed in the moment?

I HAVE HOPE THAT I WON'T BE PREGNANT FOREVER!!!

I had my midwife appointment this afternoon, and was offered a sweep, so I asked to be checked and then I would decide.

Since my pee incident the other night(Sunday or Monday, I think), when Anberlin was -3 station, she has now fully engaged, I am dilated to 3cm and an 75% effaced!! My midwife says she'll be very surprised if Anberlin hasn't arrived by Sunday.

Yep but tell that to the hormones! They're not listening to me! Stupid baby blues. Can't wait to be more normal again.

Day 4 PB. Hormones a go go! But acknowledge it. Feel it. Address it and reflect on it. It's ok to feel that way. I just wanted to know why. Is that your only regret?

Oh PB :hugs: I TOTALLY understand what you are feeling, have so been there myself.

I had the injection as my midwife was worried about my bleeding...but then I ended up in hospital too...rationally my mind says that I did what I needed to do but emotionally I have definitely felt guilty that things didn't work out as I planned.

But what I hold on to is, like you, my baby was born at home in a wonderful environment.

The baby blues suck and I was not prepared for how hard they were. Hang in there sweets - this too shall pass. It will get better. Just ride it out and be good to yourself. And know that we are all here for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->