Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Grrr I was totally unaware of changes in my trusts policy when it comes to antenatal/labour notes.

With Dewi my notes stayed with me until I was discharged from MW care a couple months after...so I got a copy of them all.

This time I wasn't given them - assumed the MW would have them but even my MW's dont get them back.

Grrrr I want my labour notes, and now I have to write to the hospital and get charged for a copy before they've even been bloody filed! My MW said to write to the head of Mw and ask if I can sneak a copy but grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Chuck - I think they do it free of charge if you request them within 30 days of being discharged.... Which reminds me, I need to request mine too!

Im going to make sure i photocopy my notes before the MW leaves this time after giving birth!

Oh chuck I found the same! Last time they came with me.

On the boobs, I've got 34I bras and they are still a bit off! Who even knew bras came in that size?! I'm normally a 34E and def bigger this time with Byron. They bloody better go back again. My best mate visited at the weekend, walked in and saw Indigo and said "look what you made!" then looked at me and said "wow your boobs are huge!". :dohh:

On the spatone another recommendation here, I found Appletiser was a great medium after the orange gave me way too much heartburn.

As always :hugs: Bourne for your shitty predicament.

Sorry moomin for your stupid non-test.

And gorg pics Abz!

just spoke to my doula via email and shes coming round on monday to start talking about my birth plan :D

Oh that's a shame about yor notes Chuck. Law is they can charge you upto £10 just to view them. Hope you get a sensible response from your Head of Midwifery and they let you get access to them for free.

You know what could be handy? When fixing the car recently, we didn't have a Hannes Manual - so went to Halfords, and took photos on the camera phone and printed those out; It works really well and is like being a spy! ;-) Xxx

Hey Bourne did you ever contact AIMS? Perhaps they would like to send someone out with you to represent them?

Bourne it may be worth talking to AIMS directly as Jenni said.

I've had lots of wonderfully supportive e-mails with AIMS and spoke with Beverley a few times. (latest was last week). I admit I didn't think to ask if she or one of her collegues could come to this meeting!?! - I will ask her today
Thanks.. Xxx

They may have a local activist who can come along. I know we have a local group of campaigners (Airedale Mums) and they work closely with AIMS and do a lot locally too.

Ergh speculum exam at 5 days post partum - not recommended.

Had a big bleed last night - so sudden that I thought I'd peed myself (my bladder control is shocking right now), a couple clots appeared while I was on the loo trying to clean up but still dripping steadily and trying to speak to MW's at the Birth Centre - w00p for multitasking LOL.

It was recommended that I go in and be checked over as I was still bleeding - a pain because hubby had to take me so we all had to go with no idea if I'd be staying in so we had to take loads of crap with us just incase.

I was met my the lovely MW who delivered Stanley - I need to send a thank you to her and a letter of praise to the senior MW for the hospital as she was just fab again.

It took a couple hours (labour ward was full) but on inspection by the Dr he reckons its nothing to worry about unless it gets suddenly worse or I start to feel ill, possible could have been caused by doing a little too much or a tiny bit of retained membrane/placenta.

Huff...had to laugh though I was in a hospital - you know the place that has all the gihg tech equipment to make things safe and obviously where we should all give birth etc and what high tech bit of kit was used to check if I needed stitches and again last night to check my foof.....a bloody torch you could buy in B&Q!

In all honesty I was surprised how little the speculum exam hurt, I thought it would be far more uncomfortable but it wasn't too bad, more stingy on the outside where i had my little tear. I wouldn't recommend it for fun though!

Needless to say we're all very very pooped now.

Ouchies! Glad you're ok. I thought I had thrush after Byron's birth because of the antibiotics (it wasn't in the end) and tried to insert the prescribed pessary and god that was awful. I sympathise.

Really i thought it would be awful but he was quite gentle thankfully and got the MW to take a swab from what was on the speculum afterwards so I didnt have to be scraped/prodded too.

Ouch chuck! Hope your foof is well on the way to recovery...

PB - where did you find those enormous bras from?! I'm panicking I won't be able to find any when my milk comes in, I'm already up the far end of the scale and couldn't bear the embarrassment a week postpartum of having to be told in M&S or somewhere that they just don't make them that big!!

As for me I had a fun morning in the hospital yesterday! Fell up the stairs on Tuesday evening - thought I was being clever by trying to jog up the stairs instead of taking the lift as usual in an attempt to get baby further engaged. Stairs + maxi skirt = fell up three steps, landed on my knee and face and started laughing. I knew baby was fine because he started wriggling like mad after half an hour or so, and I didn't land on my belly, but all night I was in complete agony in my joints and bones - SPD to the extent OH had to push me by the shoulders out of bed if I wanted to get up. So yesterday morning rung the GP, who told me to ring the community midwives office, who told me to ring the triage midwife at the hospital (love these extended phonecalls) and I went to the assessment room in the hosp. Wasn't waiting for too long, on the CTG for a bit where baby was "perfect" (love that too) and a doctor manipulated my hips in all sorts of ways and said it wasn't anything a bit of co-codamol couldn't help.

Think the fall did more good than harm really - I'm still in pain but at least he's "well down there" now according to midwife and doctor, and woke up this morning with quite frequent pains. Went back to sleep as I didn't want to get excited, and still there when I woke up an hour and a half later. Woke OH up and he panicked :) They've eased right off now which is just as well cos the washing machine will be on non-stop today with sheets and towels! Was happy though, it was much stronger and crampier than recent pains have been, so I'll see if it turns into anything.

LOL Rach well at least bubba is engaged!

Lesson learned dont try to be clever! bless ya, glad all is well.

oh and *poke poke*

Oh dear Rachie - glad you and LO are ok.
No wonder you're all exhausted Chuck - glad you're ok too.

I feel really tired this week.. need to keep reminding myself to slow down a bit :blush:

I sware one of my maxi dresses is going to be the death of me going up the stairs! I'll take your heed. Glad your alright-ish Rachie! For BUCKSOME boosoms (I went to an EE - so not quite as big as PB!! Woosers those must be some ladies!?) I could recommend Bravardo bars enough! They are not cheep, about £30, but the most comfortable thing I have ever worn. They have nursing clips, padded nipples and they come in size ranges, not specific cups - so great for up and down changing boobs!
https://www.mybravadobra.co.uk/bravado-body-silk-seamless-nursing-bra/

Pleased the checkout at the hospital was good news and not too painful Chuck. Heal well and look after your foof! I found femwipes good for me when loosing blood after birth. Cooling and gentle.

Try to take it easy Smokey.
XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"