Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Here I am chuck, here I am everyone! Now a proud mummy to Charlie, 7lb 8oz, born at home at quarter past 11 last night!

Will post a link to the long birth story when I've written it - want to get it down tonight while all still fresh in my mind - short version, had a LONG latent labour with painful contractions since half past one Friday morning. Finally got less than 5 minutes apart about 8 last night, so my notes now read I was only labouring for 3 and a half hours which certainly wasn't the case!! He was born in his waters and is an absolute little star so far. Can't actually believe I did it in the end, that this beautiful little boy came out of me with minimum fuss.

Just wanted to thank you all for your support and inspirational natural birth experiences, this forum truly helped me believe I could do it, and that belief reaped us so many rewards.

Congratulations!!! Wonderful news xxx wow that is amazing he was born in his waters!

Welcome to the world Charlie!

Yay rachie congratulations! What does born in waters actually mean? Mine went all over the midwife when Indigo's body came out but she wasn't in the membranes. Was she born in her waters too? So glad you had a successful homebirth.

Yay rachie congratulations! What does born in waters actually mean? Mine went all over the midwife when Indigo's body came out but she wasn't in the membranes. Was she born in her waters too? So glad you had a successful homebirth.

congrats Rach!

i think urs too would be classed as born in waters peanut!
i was classed as having a dry birth seen as my waters were broken before labour kicked in

It's also called 'born in the caul' - my waters didn't break at any point, not when fully dilated, not when crowning, the midwife had to cut them once he was already out!

Not me obviously but this link shows it well.

Story here!!

w00p...so pleased for you sweetie!!

Congrats to all of you!!

My waters were busted in the hospital with Dewi, they went on their own with Stanley and boy did they go! I was on my knees leaning over the sofa I had a contraction that felt different and i knew it must be my waters and I had a little pushy kinda of urge and they burst Eastenders style in 1 fell swoop on the floor...thank you waterproof sheet and shower curtain!

Hubby was sitting on sofa with me resting my head on his arm and he exclaimed that he felt them go through my head iykwim...there was definite popping!

Brilliant feeling.

Oh Rach you did it!! At home after a long labour well done you!!

Congratulations Rachie :happydance:
Fantastic!
Being born in your caul is lucky, according to fishermen :D

I've heard that too, very lucky omen!

Your turn to start labour baton poking now Rach!

Well done Rach and in the caul too!! Bet the MWs were excited to see that! :cloud9: They say a baby born in the bag will never drown and you should give the caul to a sailor to protect him at sea :)

True who is next?

teehee I do love this who's next malarky, not that we're pressurizing we're just overly excitable LOL

even tho time is flying i doubt ile be next lol so i just get to read all ur ladies amazing birth stories:D

i met up with my doula today and started to talk about my birthplan and then made plans for what if i do go hospital ect we also spoke about zanes birth and i understand it alot more now and how wrong my mw was :( but oh well i will get my homebirth i have to stay positive.
ive got 2 books to read thru and then a hypnobirthing cd to listen to tonight when zanes in bed.

its all seeming abit more real now, even tho i still dont believe im having a baby hahah

Moomin - what books you got? I'm nearly finished Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth, which I would highly recommend :D

True who is next?

teehee I do love this who's next malarky, not that we're pressurizing we're just overly excitable LOL

Nearly me... but not quite :haha::blush:

ive got birth space, safe place by Adela Stockton and secrets of confindent childbirth by a midwife from birmingham.

im also getting a book about homebirthing from my doula when she gets it back.

im not a huge reader so i will have to make myself sit down and read lol

lucking forward to listening to the cd altho im so tired im worried ile just fall alseep lol.

ive got birth space, safe place by Adela Stockton and secrets of confindent childbirth by a midwife from birmingham.

lucking forward to listening to the cd altho im so tired im worried ile just fall alseep lol.

If you do fall asleep, then apparently it still works... at least that's what our Hypnobirthing teacher told us :)

I haven't heard of those books - let me know if they're useful :D I've found that reading birth books is easier than other books, because you're naturally more interested in what they've got to say :haha:

If you do fall asleep, then apparently it still works... at least that's what our Hypnobirthing teacher told us :)

I haven't heard of those books - let me know if they're useful :D I've found that reading birth books is easier than other books, because you're naturally more interested in what they've got to say :haha:

altho i could do with something to help me sleep, my brain is on overload lol
hopefuly they will be useful. im also getting my pool off the doula next time i see her. and because shes on holiday just before i hit 39 weeks shes coming to see me a extra time before the birth which im happy about.

she also runs a homebirth support group so me and my mum are going there next time its on so my mum can meet my doula and be involved in whats going on.

im now on the hunt for a tens machine

:( just heard back from doula #2 - i texted her after waiting for 2 wks for a reply. Shes got a job as a nanny so not doulaing any more. Theres only 4 in my area, one isnt working, one is now a nanny, one isnt free at xmas so Im on my last one...

:(

In box me your EDD, town and postcode and I'll ask on the Doula forums x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"