Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Are they very supportive those ones Bourne? I'm used to coach-built looking things but padded nipples sounds great! Got my eye on a couple in some big girls bra shops but it'll be a quick 60 quid for two :(

Please do mind your maxi dresses, flip flops are not the most ideal combination with them either...

Absolutely no more pains today, will pin OH down (quite literally whilst I'm this size) when he gets home and try some 'natural induction' later, and get some clary sage going.

Urgh some stupid girl I went to school with has felt the need to comment on hypnobirthing on my Facebook, "you either have a high pain threshold or you don't, it doesn't work" - delete!!

They feel as though they are being held up by angels! ;-) Honestly they are great!
I bought mine from John Lewis - go and try one on and see how you get on.

Hahahaha - I did have flip flops on too!! I haven't worn propper shoes for months..

There was an item on BBC breakfast this morning about hypnobirthing. So that might have prompted her to put her nose in. There is going to be a study of its effectiveness. Like you say - delete and woosh, it as though her silly comment never existed! ;-) lol
XxX

I second the recommendation for the Bravado bras Bourne :thumbup: they also do great vest-bra-tops which are good for night time feeding - you don't get a cold tummy :haha:

I didn't watch the hypnobirthing thing just in case it was negative - trying to avoid negativity surrounding birth is really difficult. I was at a toddler class with DS this morning and some of the other mums asked me if I was getting worried or scared about the birth because "I knew what I was getting myself into" - wtf??? I just said "no" and tried to have a chilled out look on my face (rather than looking like I wanted to slap them) :haha: :blush: Do they really think this is helpful :wacko::wacko:

I wish it was warm enough up here in Scotland for a maxi-dress - mega comfy! (except for trip hazards :winkwink: )

Good luck Rachie! The bras I got were recommended by MM as I asked about wired nursing bras. Can't be bothered to link as on my phone - sorry - but they are Anita bras and I got them at EnVie. Figleaves had them too though not many sizes. They are £34 each I'm afraid but after 7 months in soft cup bras with Byron through the winter there was no way on earth I was prepared to spend this summer with a sweating monoboob. Sort cups suck! I don't buy much and got basically no new maternity clothes this time and very few last time so I figured I would splash out.

I wish my boobs would stay this size...milk is in so they're HUGE (for me) they may be rock hard and one nipple is massive compared to the other but i dont care I have boobs again for a short while.

Ergh its all down hill from here for my tatas *sob*

There seems to be a lot of interest in hypnobirthing at the mo, I have notices a few blogs, news/newspaper items about it of late.

I cant say as I hypnobirthed, I used some natal hypnotherapy cd's and it did give me a few good breathing techniques but NO amount of poo breathing was going to shift my boy LOL.

I think hypno in what ever form is great even if it is only to enable a woman to just relax enough to turn her thoughts inward and feel what she needs for long enough to cope.

No I didnt get a lovely peaceful relaxed quiet birth with smiles and loveliness but I did do it all on GnA without needing to cry and scream or panic - yes I did grunt/groan and moan but I was working hard.

When i was in hospital last night there was a lady walking the ward and I could hear her sobbing a bit with contractions and i felt for her as she couldn't have been too far along judging by the conversation I could hear between sobs. All I could think was calm down, relax and breathe, you will be ok - in fact you can be great if you let yourself be!

Think today might be the day girls - but then again might not be! Definitely some sort of pre-labour/early labour. Woke up with a massive contraction at half one this morning. These carried on til about 4, and I was still persisting in trying to sleep, but OH woke up anyway so I told him. "But you've no diarrhoea, no bloody show!!" he says - yes, but this hurts! Managed to get about an hours sleep then before they woke me up again. Since then they've been about every 8-10 mins, lasting about 20 sec. They've not gone away since I've been up and about, had something to eat and a shower - in fact whether I stand up, lie down, move or don't move they're just as strong. I've sent OH to work so I'm on my own, which I'm not that keen on but I'd be pissed off if they stopped and he'd already told work to start his leave. Plan is to ring the midwife if they're still like this by lunchtime and see if she'd rather come round and see what's what, or advise to wait it out until they're more frequent. Pain is certainly bearable, mostly around hips, coming down and around bump. Finding it difficult to remember hypno techniques properly though but breathing through them calmly is working a treat.

And if I'm back on here later, well, then you know it's gone nowhere!!

doesnt have anything to do with homebirths but just wondering if any of you ladies did perinal massage? if so did u feel it helped at all?

i had a epi with zane so im worried about needing another or tearing :S

Ooh can you add me please? I've decided on a HB and hoping to get everything sorted out soon!! Am very excited and starting to look into all the things I'll need to get :)

C'mon Rach POKE POKE POKE POKE POKE!!!!

I didnt bother with perineal massage...simply never got around to it, by the end it would have been a bit of an ordeal anyway and I wasnt going to get hubby to do it, he's not really that helpful - plus I developed a skin tag down there in my last pregnancy that has grown a bit this time around and I'd rather not draw attention to it LOL (I was hoping if I tore that way I could get it whipped off while they were tidying up).

I was lucky that pushing took a long while and I didnt have the strength to push him out hard so everything stretched well.

I got a little tear to my labia but forwards rather than back.

Be a good girl keep in control and listen to your MW - they shouldnt coach you to push but when they say to slow down or to breath a little then listen to them they can see whats going on afterall.

with zanes birth my mw was horrible, i couldnt feel my contractions anymore when it came to pushing and she kept walking off.
instead of breathing thru and going slow she expected me to rush and push really hard everytime.

heres hoping my next mw is better at her job

I wasn't sure when I was contracting at the end, they kept asking me if I had another pain...I remember thinking stop calling them pains dammit its so negative but didnt have the energy to say anything about it LOL.

But I had a monitor on so they could tell me when to give it a go if I felt like it.

Despite being in lithotomy, with a monitor on they were very passive and there was no coached pushing, prodding and poking etc. They were very supportive when I was pushing but more encouragement than anything else for which I'm glad, I'd had such a relaxed labour so far at home without too much fuss that it would have been too much to end up prone legs akimbo being told what to do and how. I do wish the lights weren't so bright in the hospital though.

Good luck rachie!!!!

Moomin I did a bit but found it very uncomfortable. I also had a polyp on my epis scar and like you chuck asked the ob about removing it but he couldn't see it and I've not noticed so maybe it came off?! My mw said I breathed really well through crowning and didn't think I'd torn. By the end of my placenta removal I had a second degree tear the first half of which follows my epis scar then carries on straight. So I don't know! Maybe I tore or maybe it was down to the ob's fat hands or maybe I had a little tear which grew from the ob's handiwork. :shrug:

my mum tore along her scar with her second.
i no its a daft thing to worry about seen as i got thru it first time alive hahaha

Hmmmm where you be to Rach?

Do we have another baby on the way?

....just a bit of shameless photo taking from me tonight, hubby has just fallena sleep with Stanley. Its so lovely to see Hubby relaxed with a newborn, he was so scared of everything with Dewi and I did almost everything for weeks even being post EMCS this time he's doing more (still hasnt changed a nappy in a week though LOL)
https://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv72/miss_charlie_photo/ed4a5e27.jpg

gorgeous picture! ive got a similar one of zane and his daddy.
zane also had this babygrow its gorgeous :D

Hmmm still no sign of Rach...ooo I'm getting all excited now!

i can imagine me being logged into here thru my labour haha
i was in the chat room thru my early labour with zane

I thought I'd be here more but by the time the MW arrived I was already 7/8 m and all I wanted to do was lie down with my eyes shut. Although I did insist on putting Apollo 13 on the telly!

It's one of this films I can watch over and over I k ow it so well I find it quite calming! I'm bonkers I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->