Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

at one point i got really worried that i wouldnt find a doula as everyone i spoke to couldnt help me or were moving.

good luck im sure ule find someone soon

Thanks everyone for the good wishes, and birth story comments etc... I'm still on cloud nine and have been waiting to use this smiley :cloud9:

The student midwife who delivered Charlie came round today - seems a bit of a never ending cycle of postnatal visits - and I was so happy to see her, she stayed today for over an hour and she's so pro natural birth, she'll make a fantastic 'proper' midwife. I said I'd write her a little reference type thing, to help when she applies for jobs, and she told me she was so pleased to have seen a HB that went so smoothly (ha, none of them were there during the difficult bit, second stage was simple in comparison to the previous two days!).

Stitches healing well and Charlie breastfeeding better now thanks to a bit of help this morning from the support worker who come round to see him this morning (again lovely because I saw her for a few antenatal appointments) :thumbup:

I'll return the baton to its holder then ready for passing to the next lucky soul to hit 37 weeks!!

Glad everything is going well rachael :)

I had a couple of doula contact me today, one was a bit too far away and the other was a bit too expensive but sounded good. She suggested a bristol network page to me tho so Ive found a few more through that. One Ive emailed is an ex-MW, have mailed her as that sounds like a good plan rly, she'll know both sides.

Came home to a pissy letter from the eye hospital telling me off for missing an appt (which I had cancelled) and making me another one for another time I cant do. They only do friday morning appts which I cant do and its sooo important apparently but they dont do anything at all to make sure that ppl can actually get there.

Getting rly pissed off with my treatment tbh. Ive been through my notes and theres all sorts of things ticked saying its been discussed when it hasnt. My MW is total shit and she has no reason to be otherwise, she wont see me until after the birth. The hospital are useless and think I just sit around waiting for their appts to come through the door so I can have some meaning put back into my life. I rly feel like telling them to shove it all and have no monitoring....

Glad everything is going well rachael :)

I had a couple of doula contact me today, one was a bit too far away and the other was a bit too expensive but sounded good. She suggested a bristol network page to me tho so Ive found a few more through that. One Ive emailed is an ex-MW, have mailed her as that sounds like a good plan rly, she'll know both sides.

Came home to a pissy letter from the eye hospital telling me off for missing an appt (which I had cancelled) and making me another one for another time I cant do. They only do friday morning appts which I cant do and its sooo important apparently but they dont do anything at all to make sure that ppl can actually get there.

Getting rly pissed off with my treatment tbh. Ive been through my notes and theres all sorts of things ticked saying its been discussed when it hasnt. My MW is total shit and she has no reason to be otherwise, she wont see me until after the birth. The hospital are useless and think I just sit around waiting for their appts to come through the door so I can have some meaning put back into my life. I rly feel like telling them to shove it all and have no monitoring....

are u able to change to a different doctors surgery and register at a different hospital?

Cranberry, I know Nurturing Birth has very recently finished a course in Bath, so there should be some trainee doulas (who are cheaper, by the way) around your area. Hopefully, some of those will come up in MM's search. x

Dont think I can go to a different hospital tbh. There's two in my area which have ob units and the other one is a different pct. Talking to gp thursday so will see. Who knows if other place will be any better tho

Have found a couple of doula tho so just sorting that all out now

Thanks for all your help

u can always register at a different hospital if u dont want to go to a certain one.

my local is terrible so i was thinking of registering at another hospital 25 miles away which i can do. but the other hospital if the smallest thing goes wrong they woud transfer me to another hospital and they are terrible too so im stuck lol

I mean I know I can go to another, but Im not sure its rly a better option. The one im going to isnt my local hospital, but theyre the only place in the area who have this specific ob clinic - next one would be an hours drive up the motorway which would just be worse. There might be another one in the next pct but ive been there before for other stuff and it was crap too.

I mean I know I can go to another, but Im not sure its rly a better option. The one im going to isnt my local hospital, but theyre the only place in the area who have this specific ob clinic - next one would be an hours drive up the motorway which would just be worse. There might be another one in the next pct but ive been there before for other stuff and it was crap too.

:(
oh well ur plans for a homebirth should go great and u wont even have to step foot in the hospital :)

Damn Damn and double Damn...the downside to having had a wonderful positive happy healthy natural birth.

No Dr's orders orders telling you no hoovering for over a month.

Dammit.

Damn Damn and double Damn...the downside to having had a wonderful positive happy healthy natural birth.

Dammit.

why cant u not hoover for a month?

Dammit.

:haha: :haha: Get your HV to put it in writing, lol.

Here you are. My orders :-

No hoovering for a month as prescribed by me. Also no other cleaning as otherwise your head will fall off

:)

I had a CS last time and no hoovering for 6 weeks is part of the advice for healing.

No such luck this time.

hahah i thought u were being serious! im tired and pregnant so thats my excuse!

yes u can do it all but id just play on how sore u are down there n get ur oh to do it lol
i could hardly walk after having zane so f the hoovering lol

Dammit.

:haha: :haha: Get your HV to put it in writing, lol.

She probably would as well! saw her yesterday she's lovely. She was so pleased to see us looking so well she actually said 'blimey compared to last time you look like a new woman! at least 10 years younger!'

Now there's the upside to not having had a shitty labour and EMCS!

The little Stanley Man is also now 7lb 2oz (he was born 6lb 11oz) PIGLET!! Although we did switch to FF after BF'ing for a few days. I couldn't manage without some help/support from hubby and he was/is totally unwilling on that front. some battles I cannot do alone!

Nearly halfway woohooo!!! My oh has bought me some yankee candles to light during the birth which is v.sweet and thoughtful for him :lol:
i had a domestic goddess day yesterday of studying, baking, cooking and cleaning and today i have had a study day off but i have done absolutely sweet f.a and am currently laid in bed surrounded by sandwich crumbs and a yoghurt pot!!!! :rofl:

Just had my booking appointment. My own midwife was busy so another midwife came to do it. She said I will have to see the consultant at some point to see if they will "let" me have a home VBAC. At least she didn't use the word allowed. I made it quite clear that I understand my rights and that ultimately its my choice.

One worrying thing though, apparently they had to cancel a lot of home births last December due to the weather. Bad weather would probably have me in hospital anyway cos of the increased transfer time, but still not good to hear of them cancelling home births.

oh gawd i didnt think about the bloody weather in december. knowing my luck itll be 4 ft deep in snow. I do love snow but wont be able to jump about in it and itll make everything shit! Stupid hubby knocking me up then :p I swear he waited until it'd be near his bday - Im due 1 day before his.

I think they teach MW etc to use words like 'let' and 'allow' so that ppl think theres no choice. They rly are only interested in getting a healthy baby out which I understand but there are ways and ways!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->