Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

bless you peanut wanting to poop in the bath! i got one lone pile after kyle made oh put my cream on it haha! what a lovely relationship i have aye. Im still unsure on what to do about Lo and the dog during my Hb? I have a small house and teh dog lives in the kitchen which of course we and the mw's will want free acess to, however i can hardly put the dog in the garden at 4am barking :dohh:

Could you look for a dog sitter for the night? They usually just look after them in your home but might take em for you for a one off.

my little sister is on zane duty while im in labour...i dont have a dog but id ask a friend if they could look after the dog for u maybe?

i was thinking about it but most of our family and friends live the otherside of town and none of them would put a dog in their car lol I think if needs must its tuff titties if she barks a few times at the end of the day she only barks if someone comes near our fence lol If its day time my next door neighbor will watch kyle providing its a weekend or school holidays since shes a teacher lol Someone told me to put her in the garage haha i think thats mean though.

some people are rediculas! cant believe no one will put a dog in their car to help someone whos in labour...dog hairs can hoover up.

lets hope u can find someone to watch kyle.

im worried about what time day or night im going to go into labour

On the toilet front I wasn't too bad, i was very apprehensive of peeing but tried in the shower and was told off as I needed to prove I'd peed! I made sure I drank jugs and jugs of water so it wouldn't sting to much and it wasn't too bad ever.

Pooping though I wasn't too worried but I hadn't torn my perineum at all so thankfully it wasn't too bad, I just remembered to do my poo breathing!! All that practice came in handy...as no bloody poo breathing was going to get my flipping baby out LOL

Our dog just stayed at home with us. The mw wasn't bothered and told me a story of a great Dane or similar sniffing over the pool as the baby was actually delivered. :lol: in the event it was a lovely day so she sat outside and sunbathed for the hour or so of actual labour/delivery. Sadly we forgot all about her in the stress of trying to deliver the placenta and transfer and she only was brought back in after we'd left and there was blood everywhere. :( My mum said she was pretty distress by that. I wonder if she got fed...?

i have a german shepherd i dont know what the midwife's would think haha and she will of possibly only had pups 3/4months before so very maternal lol

Hi all - thought I'd just pop my head back in! Why didn't anyone tell me pregnancy and birth was the easy bit?! I'm exhausted but god, so in love with my little boy. Every day I love him more and more!

Hope everyone is doing well!

hi ladies i am definetly keen to have a homebirth with my third child so hoping but im a bit clueless of what things i will need what to expect and how it will go so i would really apreciate anyone sending me a msg detailing what will happen and what i should buy in ie plastic sheets or something? thanks a lot xxx

Hi to all the new comers, and another HBAC I see :) I've been having pc problems for the last month, hate not being able to just come on whenever I want to! Hope all the new mums and babies are doing well and it's not long for some of us, only 1 month til my due date.

Good news is that I've finally got 'home birth' written on my notes, and my MW is coming to do a home visit next week. She's been really good lately, we had a good laugh about the hospital consultant appt at our appt yesterday. She seems to get why I'm planning a HBAC now, and isn't fighting it anymore :) Relieves the pressure somewhat!

I'm glad that you've got the MW onside now, makes it much less stressful.
I'm Cambs aswell.
Have you faced more issues due to previous section? (If you dont mind me asking was it elective? Or emergency)

I'm Cambs aswell.
Have you faced more issues due to previous section? (If you dont mind me asking was it elective? Or emergency)

Hiya, yes definately faced more issues lol it is down on my notes as emergency, all the staff involved said it was an emergency, but when I look back and remember everything that happened, it wasn't a true emergency. Firstly baby wasn't in distress, I hadn't dialated any further from 6cm in 13hours ish but that's because I was really scared and had no support from the MW's on duty. They put pressure on me with negativity and gave me syntocinon which made labour pretty unbareable as I was getting 60-90sec long contractions with about 30-60sec break but they wasn't doing anything! I can't remember how long it went on for, but obviously I was not coping with them very well. Was stamped with failure to progress and had my baby ripped out of me so they could free up the room and staff.

I did want a HB with my first, but was scaremongered out of it, this time I'm stronger, have done ALOT of research and have not let anyones comments change my mind as I feel this is best for me and baby. :thumbup: I'm not saying that this birth will definately go to plan or be perfect, but I can say I tried my damnest to make it so and in the longrun have no regrets.

Hi all - thought I'd just pop my head back in! Why didn't anyone tell me pregnancy and birth was the easy bit?! I'm exhausted but god, so in love with my little boy. Every day I love him more and more!

Hope everyone is doing well!

It'll get easier ;) I wish someone had told me that too! :lol: I think pregnancy lulls you into a false sense of security, because you're doing everything for baby, without actually doing anything :lol:

I'm still trying to decide whether to spend $150 on a birth pool this early on, just in case I can't get the one I want later (with the whole FDA seizing them to destroy etc etc)... But we don't really have the money right now. :( We're flying to the UK at the end of the month because my Grandad may be dying and it's going to cost $1200 for DH's ticket...plus we need spending money (my family is paying for my ticket)... Ugh!

why are they destroying them?!

They can't control home birth, so they are trying to take control by destroying something used at home births.... Basically. They seized a shipment of birth pools in Oregon and said they were going to destroy them because they should be registered as medical equipment :dohh:

Thats ridiculous but exactly in keeping with everything I think about Drs atm. I reckon if you do buy one then end up not wanting it, youll be able to sell it to someone if they are all being destroyed, there will be a need.

I'm Cambs aswell.

I had EMCS last time - failure to wait and back to back baby.

I in all honesty did not have to fight and had a very easy ride planning my HB...despite a very unsupportive husband who said no way jose to a birth pool!

I told my ME at booking I wanted to HB and both of them were more than supportive they were wonderful. 1 even said I would get better care and she applauded what I was doing.

Yes the OB was a scaremonger and not helpful so under the suggestion of my MW didnt bother going back to see them as my pregnancy was uncomplicated.

I went on to labour at home incredibly well and was 7/8cm by the time the MW arrived with no pain relief except a bath and breathing, got to 10cm with GnA but had to transfer as there wee blood loss concerns - a decent enough reason to transfer given my previous CS...but thankfully avoid the intervention train and birthed my DS2 a little later with only the GnA.

Just because you plan an HBAC doesnt mean you'll have a hard time getting or trying it...but be prepared you might do.

I found out that I may not have had to fight but being prepared to do so empowered me A LOT, having so much information at my fingertips about pregnancy, labour, birth and how it could and should happen, the laws and my rights allowed me to make even my transfer a good....no great experience.

wow thats crazy as to the birthpools being destroyed.. However i know here anyway you can get proper pools which are pretty much the same size/deph as birthpools for your garden etc so im sure you will be able to get your hands on one.

I am set on a La Bassine this time. I want the depth and the little stool and the handles etc... Just things I wish I had with my last pool!

I think I'll drop the store a message and ask how this stupid situation might effect them... Maybe see if they have Layaway, so I can at least reserve one in case they can't get any more stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->