Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

That's good news Indigo :D

Hello to more new people (especially fellow VBACers :) ) - this thread is fabby :haha: and full of lots of helpful people.

I have a MW app tomorrow - hoping that LO has turned from being transverse - there's been a lot of movement the past couple of days and now I'm not sure what position LO is in :wacko:

Ugh... I just got a message back from the company about the birth pool...

"YES - we are effected by the FDAs action and will be out of inventory in one to two weeks with no visible way to replace it. I would order now."

:dohh:

I am going to have to discuss with DH and see if we can pull some money out of our ***es. :nope:

This is so unbelievably stupid. Who'd think women would have to fight to have an inflatable pool for their birth!!!!

It's just so ridiculous they would be picking on something as simple as this... There are so many other things which are OBVIOUSLY harmful :dohh: Go concentrate on those things! :grr:

I had some good news though; my MWs have two La Bassines that they rent out (with liner) for $45. I know it's very unlikely, but I'm worried that by the time I want to use them they will not be usable anymore (don't they have a 'limit' of 10 uses?) and of course, my MWs will have the same problem I do; not be able to get replacements... I know that it will probably be just fine, but again I'm risking not being able to have the birth pool I want... (I know it's one of the pettiest things ever, but I want it to be perfect...). So ehh.. I feel kind of uncomfortable about 'waiting and seeing' but we really shouldn't be paying out $150 at this moment in time.

At least I have a birth pool from DD's birth (it needs patching in two places...at least :lol:) if I end up stuck with nothing at the last minute.

Sounds like you have options nightkd, if you need them :)

A bit OT but I've been taking Starflower Oil 1000mg orally for about 2 weeks, was thinking about inserting - but should I insert 1000mg and then still take 1000mg orally? Or shall I look for 500mg tablets? :shrug:

Sounds like you have options nightkd, if you need them :)

A bit OT but I've been taking Starflower Oil 1000mg orally for about 2 weeks, was thinking about inserting - but should I insert 1000mg and then still take 1000mg orally? Or shall I look for 500mg tablets? :shrug:

SmokeyJoe78 whats the Starflower Oil benefits? I've been taking the Raspberry leaf capsules, I just had the tea last time but can't seem to stomach it this time round!

SFO and EPO) contain a substance called GLA which is supposed to promote creation of prostaglandins....good for getting the cervix to play the game as it were.

SFO contains a higher % GLA than EPO but is more expensive.

Lots iof women apply the capsules topically...so errr in my words foofally!

Thanks Chuck, you crack me up with your foofally's! I think I still have some EPO capsules left from my TTC days, I might just google a bit more info on what mg to take etc... Anything that helps my cervix to play the game is worth a try ;)

Thanks Chuck, you crack me up with your foofally's! I think I still have some EPO capsules left from my TTC days, I might just google a bit more info on what mg to take etc... Anything that helps my cervix to play the game is worth a try ;)

I looked it up yesterday. I don't know if the dosage changes for TTC vs preparing for labour (obviously, I was looking it up for the TTC reasons), but what I found said 1500mg to 3000mg daily. The capsules I have are 500mg each, left over from TTC/pre-labour last time around! For labour preparation last time, I do remember taking them orally and vaginally (yep, I said vaginally! :haha:). It's amazing how much of this stuff I've forgotten though!

foofally sounds much less medical, imagine if you insisted your MW said that. it would make everything so much better!

vaginally smaginally. Its a FOOF dammit.

If you do take EPO/SFO be mindful that many caps have added Vit E and you are supposed to limit vit E during pregnancy as it was linked to heart defects in large quantities.

My home birth experience (it's the second entry) :cloud9: Euphoric remembering my experience. It was Amazing and I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Nightkd I have a regular la Bassine and professional grade one for my clients to use and the regular one has been used at a dozen or more births (plus practice runs) and is still going strong :)

Nightkd I have a regular la Bassine and professional grade one for my clients to use and the regular one has been used at a dozen or more births (plus practice runs) and is still going strong :)

That's reassuring! Thanks :)

I no im still early on but i am 100% wanting a home birth but part of me cannot help but worry haha No perticular worry just general mummy worrys lol

I no im still early on but i am 100% wanting a home birth but part of me cannot help but worry haha No perticular worry just general mummy worrys lol

I'm worrying too... Mostly feeling that I ruined my chances for a home birth last time by not getting enough sleep :dohh: and that was such a SMOOTH labour, no complications etc... I'm worried I won't get a 'second chance' as it were... I'm trying to stick to positive thoughts though!!

The pregnancy affirmations are actually helping quite a lot! :D

does anyone know if you can download the hypnobirthing affirmations etc from anywhere?

I'm worrying too... Mostly feeling that I ruined my chances for a home birth last time by not getting enough sleep :dohh: and that was such a SMOOTH labour, no complications etc... I'm worried I won't get a 'second chance' as it were... I'm trying to stick to positive thoughts though!!

The pregnancy affirmations are actually helping quite a lot! :D

Don't worry! Birth isn't easy but with a calm relaxed person it will go smoothly! Believe in your heart.
And be educated know what's going on and the process behind it. Know the techniques to deal with the intense part of labor. Have a doula!! They are amazing and great supporters. Have REAL support people who support birth and it's natural process. Know your body and what's best for your baby. It's not about you... It's about that beautiful miracle you bring into the world. And don't you want to look back and say I did what I knew was best and I did it to bring my child in to the world the most loving way possible. To me that is what my home birth was about. Bringing Baylee into the world with love and support from my family and friends knowing that even from before she was born I planned and processed love into her birth and our relationship.

foofally sounds much less medical, imagine if you insisted your MW said that. it would make everything so much better!

Hahahahaha!
Yeah, they could say things like..
"I would like to put my hand up your foof?"
I think they wouldn't be able to examin me beacuse I 'd be unable to relax through laughing! :haha:
XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->