Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Chuck - A 6ft fish tank?!?! After all the huffing about having a birth pool in the house?! You’ve got to laugh! Xx Oh I’ve been enjoyng myself in the wee hours laughing at the epi thread! (I should say in the first tri) Thank you ;-)

Congrats MarkandAnn!

Happy V day Sam!

Celesse birth reflections sounds brilliant! Good luck for tomorrow, and I hope that it doesn’t upset you and you find answers and can reassure yourself.

Moomin - Why on earth couldn’t you do a fish pedicure while pregnant? They are strange beauty spas aren’t they? They deny you anything because you are pregnant!? Good news about baby getting the low down!

MM - I bought his book a few weeks back and loved it! He is simply a legend! He could be my Obst or birth attendant anyday! Super jealous! Oh imagine being in labour with a smooth talking French accent??!

I’ve also go the low down feeling! 2/5th palpable last night.. Felt baby drop in a few days ago (finally!). No mention of any blood test at the MW appointment, even though it was on my notes to take some - so it seems things are all good (well I know they are all good!)

I’ve written a birth plan for the first time in my life! Don‘t worry it’s short so I think I can share it without boring the boobs off everyone!

Home

Post EDD - Expectant management, Sweep 42+

PROM - Expectant management

Labour and Birth: (no directed/managed pushing)
- Comfort methods: Distraction, encouragement, mobility, massage, hot water bottle, cold sprays, TENS, birth pool, birth ball, minimal lighting, quiet, music, food and orange squash, entonox.
- monitoring: (intermittent ausculations) 1st stage 30mins, 2nd stage 15-5 min, Vertex visible 5-3min.
- VE: None
- Birth: Mother to take hold of/pickup baby, no cord clamping or cutting, mother to start BF

Post birth:
- Baby: APGAR obs done in mothers arms. No Vit K
- 3rd stage: Physiological, (upto 2 hours), Cord intact, No CCT

MW thinks it is all cool, and commented in my notes so it is seen if other Mws come to attend “NB, Nicola has written a non-interventionist birth plan”

I’m pretty stoked about it all! Feeling great!
XxX

That's a great birth plan Bourne :thumbup: It's really easy to read and you can tell exactly what kind of birth you want/don't want.

I always worry that mine seems a bit confrontational - maybe it's just the language I've used. I think I'm going to add the bit about doing the APGAR whilst I'm holding the baby - I really don't want them to whip the baby off me and I haven't really said that anywhere.

i heard it on tv i think that pregnant women couldnt have those fish things done because of bactieria....i duno lol

the place im going to on sunday doesnt offer it anyway so im really not too bothered. i could just see myself freaking out and squashing a fish haha

Thanks my dears!

I also was worried that when I started to write one (I wasn't going to, but MW recommended that I did), that either it was going to sound confrontational too, or just be 2 words Home: Physological, but that didn't seem to go far enough.
So it's short and sweet - and if they consider that I need anythig else, they are just going to have to ask.
I could have made one that covered all eventualities, but thought that it would be hard for any person who did read it, to remember it all... ;-) But at least OH and I know it.

Before writting a birth plan we sat down and had a chat about it all and OH made me half-smile, half question if he was serious.. as he said they only thing he wanted from this birth was more freedom - as in I had hold of his thigh for about an hour in second stage labour.. and I didn't want to let go. Poor fella got cramp!!! lol The cheek of it! I told him he is my strenght and love, and he can't take it away from me. I need him.
XxX

OH just phoned from lima, he got my anti D injection 350 US dollars ouch! he also got a pack n play from a friend.........but no cot! he doesnt sound concerned at all! said he will get someone to send one! looks like co sleeping is the way for me then!

ps bournefree I love your plan :thumbup: its given me some inspiration to do mine, its about time!

OH just phoned from lima, he got my anti D injection 350 US dollars ouch! he also got a pack n play from a friend.........but no cot! he doesnt sound concerned at all! said he will get someone to send one! looks like co sleeping is the way for me then!

omg $350 for a anti d injection :wacko:
dont u get them during pregnancy in peru then?

Doubt you'll need one Jodie, not with your fab mw! ;-)

and if you dont want to co-sleep, my grandfather tells the same great story over and over about how he slept in a draw when he was a baby - padded with blankets of course and not shut in the chest of draws!! Though sometimes he embellishes a little ;-)
XxX

i no a man who slept in a draw as a baby lol

ive got my birthplan written out and then ile be doing another one with my mw on wednesday. my mw is dead set on delievering corey and shes excited about me having a water birth.....still dont even have my mat b1 form so i hope shes better at the birthing side lol

omg $350 for a anti d injection :wacko:
dont u get them during pregnancy in peru then?

haha you dont get anything for free in peru!! be thankful for the NHS!

Doubt you'll need one Jodie, not with your fab mw! ;-)

and if you dont want to co-sleep, my grandfather tells the same great story over and over about how he slept in a draw when he was a baby - padded with blankets of course and not shut in the chest of draws!! Though sometimes he embellishes a little ;-)
XxX

the anti d? I need for my bloodtype unfortunately.....unless you mean a cot lol!

my nan slept in the bottom draw! she really did, exactly the same! OH just got the right hump with me as he knew he had to get a cot for baby while in Lima and hasnt so he has stomped back out to the shops now and said he wont find any different mattress to the ones we have seen here in cusco (awful) he text me saying what do I expect, peruvian baby, peruvian mattress!! I feel terrible but I just want a cot with a safe mattress for my baby and feel like im being a witch for wanting my baby to be safe and now he´s made me cry with these hormones :cry:

Sorry, I was talking about a birth plan! hahaha!

Oh I wish I could send you a matteress? It must be hard on you. I know you are where you want to be, but when we are pregnant, all the hormones are about nesting, security, home and feeling safe.. so it is the little things like this that can really off balance your sense of wholeness.

Not in the same legue, but I'm decorating the bathroom - OH said, "I would just leave it".. which got the response from me of "well you would just leave everything!" along with some tears! Silly how important re-siliconing round the bath, putting up a new blind and painting has become to me! Problem is I can't reach the ceiling, so he's been roped into my nesting!

Have we found the newborn clothes? No - still no luck! But I have cleaned the fridge/freezer out, cleaned the oven so it now sparkles on the inside (and I have to admit, I have been looking in there every now and then with pride! I'm just a sad-o. lol), cleaned all the windows and cleaned the covers and straps on the car seat (which was a nightmare to put back together!).. and well as my ongoing sewing projects! So although the place looks somewhat untidy with all the stuff about it is getting super cleaned!
XxX

I tell you Bourne make the most of that nesting and energy, mine has flown out the window! I'm just big and worn out now lol cleaning feels like so much work! It's amazing how I've gone from one extreme to the next. I have been trying to fight it a little and clean and tidy things then rest throughout the time I'm home, but I've been out and about alot lately - maybe trying to avoid it unconsciously.

Couldn't sleep today, woke up at about 3am, got up at 4am and now I'm tired already, hope I don't have to muster the energy to give birth today. I've had a good talk with baby and said to wait a few days at least or even a week+. Probably strawberry picking isn't the best thing to do when avoiding going into labour but it seemed like a good idea to plan at the time for today!

Thanks MM :D but ssssshh I'm keeping it a secret from baby :lol: I never thought I'd be willing baby to be late, I must have pregnancy crazy hormones more than I thought. :haha:

I'll keep it hush hush then and will pinch your EDD and my woman can have it for her baby's birthday....she's in labour!! :happydance: looking forward to going to her later today :D

After reading some birth plans this week I have realised I need to get one sorted. BourneFree, I really like the look of the one you posted the other day so I hope you don't mind if I borrow from yours quite considerably! I just have one quick question, as I'm not so hot on some terminology - where you have put about have a physiological third stage you have put "No CCT". What does CCT stand for? I'm probably being super dumb aren't I!

I think a big part of my birth plan is going to be about how I want my OH to treated during labour - he's incredibly anxious about the birth and I want to make sure that everything is clearly explained to him and that he is treated with the same level of care and attention that I hope to be.

Indigo - I just know I'm going to crash and burn out sometime in the next few weeks, I keep getting up at 4 too! So def making the most of it. strawberry picking sounds lovely, bet you end up doing it on all fours to save you bending up and down! Get a picture, heavy pregnant lady in a strawberry field; It will be really arty.

Murmur - Borrow away! It's not all that detailed, but I don't think I can be mis-understood with it.
CCT is controlled cord traction: They pulled once on my placenta after my daughters birth, and I hated it, I could feel it pulling on the inside as it hadn't detached! I just don't want that again..
plus there is a risk if placenta is still attached and CCT is done, that the cord can snap as it goes quickly from visseral to rubbery after birth and then it could be trip in to hospital unless you can push it out. Other risks are post partum heamorrage as the placenta is ripped from site before the vessels have had a chance to close down. To me it's not good news
However, it does have it's place, say the placenta has detached and is away from the uterus and is just sitting there in the vagina and can be pulled without any effort, but it's not really a problem to give a cough and push to get it out if it is detached.

Also the thing to note about my birth plan is that the monitoring timings for intermittent ausculation by Stethoscope (e.g Pinard) or hand-held doppler, are not standard, mine are a little longer.
Guideline timings are:
First stage: every 15min
Second stage: every 5 min

XxX

Brilliant stuff, thanks for that. I can imagine that it feels incredibly weird and not very pleasant at all to have someone tugging away at your placenta to try and get it out. Definitely something I need to think about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->