Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

the mw pulled zanes placenta out and it felt so weird. i wont be having that done again unless needed

I had CCT and the feeling was creepy, especially as I wasn't warned it was happening. I was told sorry about you wanted a physiological third stage but we need to try and stop your bleeding , fair enough I did get a few mins delay on the cutting but no warning hen she yanked the placenta out it was a weird sucking sensation on the inside!

It made me twitch/squirm!

I would have thought CCT would increase risks of bleeding and retained placenta!?

i wasnt warned either! she pushed the injection on me and then i sat there holding zane not having a clue what was going to happen and then she said right and started to pull...i said shall i push she said no ile do it and the next thing i had a placenta in my face.

she was such a bitch and was just in a rush

Ohh hi ladies. I'm back for round 2! Getting excited to have another home birth. I too had CCT even though I had clearly stated in my birth plan that it was a no-no. Felt horrific, definately won't be happening again they just wanted to go home to bed as it was like 1am.

Anyone got like a template of what to consider on a birthing plan? Im so anal i wanna get writing it NOW!

Sorry, I was talking about a birth plan! hahaha!

Oh I wish I could send you a matteress? It must be hard on you. I know you are where you want to be, but when we are pregnant, all the hormones are about nesting, security, home and feeling safe.. so it is the little things like this that can really off balance your sense of wholeness.

Not in the same legue, but I'm decorating the bathroom - OH said, "I would just leave it".. which got the response from me of "well you would just leave everything!" along with some tears! Silly how important re-siliconing round the bath, putting up a new blind and painting has become to me! Problem is I can't reach the ceiling, so he's been roped into my nesting!

Have we found the newborn clothes? No - still no luck! But I have cleaned the fridge/freezer out, cleaned the oven so it now sparkles on the inside (and I have to admit, I have been looking in there every now and then with pride! I'm just a sad-o. lol), cleaned all the windows and cleaned the covers and straps on the car seat (which was a nightmare to put back together!).. and well as my ongoing sewing projects! So although the place looks somewhat untidy with all the stuff about it is getting super cleaned!
XxX
:dohh: how funny! I have complete mummy brain this pregnancy!!!!!

aw thanks, my mum looked into sending moses basket and DHL wanted 545 quid ha ha ha! what a joke! exactly, it makes me want to be back in England when really I know I dont want that. latest is he said he got a moses, but not mattress and sheets......god knows what he has, a proper basket baskte I think! I dont want arguments so im just going to chill and go with whatever he has arranged.

ah bless im like that at the moment some days! once I get something in my head its the most important thing ever!

wow you did well! I just cleaned all the floors on my knees so that look gorgeous, plus I want the baby to turn so trying to be in that position when I can! and also I have an obsession with wanting to smell cleaning products for about the last 3 weeks, im not sitting there inhaling them but my mouth waters thinking about the smell of them :wacko: I looked it up, and it can be a mineral deficiency, so I wonder if im anaemic again?

with zane i knew what type of birth i wanted in my head, and the same this time lol i dont think u need a template just think of things u no u want and things u no u dont x

I just dont even know what to consider. I suppose theres time, but what if the MW goes oh would you like me to inject baby with this and ive not done my research!! I cant say hold on, ill just google it hehe

hahah the only thing they will want to inject baby with at the birth is vitamin k. i just no with zane and saying no again this time unless corey suffers some kind of trauma/bruising.

things to concider i suppose is pain relief, internals (if u want to be left alone) the vit k injection. cord clamming and then if u want a natural or managed 3rd stage (placenta) then what u want to do with the placenta.
ile look at my birth plan lol n see if ive missed anything

ooh indigo happy due date! :happydance:
MM hope the birth goes well, looking forward to hearing about it!
thanks for all the birth plan ideas, I will be stealing lots!

I'm watching last weeks obem USA. Don't know why. Maybe im preparing in case anyone talks to me the way that the nurses do? Crazy programme tho.

Happy due date!

Hi ladies, thanks for the explanation on the CCT Bourne I also wondered what that was! lol I'm going to add that to my birth plan, and also shorten it so its easier to read, I have bullet pointed it but I think I could cut words out here and there. I'd rather increase the chances of it being read this time.

Strawberry picking was great, pretty worn out now but I have a massive load of strawberries in my fridge so it was worth it :) A pic would have been so cool! I love how in the middle of nowhere it is with fields and trees surroundings.

I'm hoping my henna comes tomorrow so I can get a nice design on my very rounded and bulging bump, so glad Smokeyjoe posted about that, I'd never have remembered you could do that. You still around Smokey? Getting positive signs?

Good luck labour vibes to your lady MM :flower:

you are having a henna tattoo on bump? how cool :) my OH is covered in tattos, they are beautiful on him but I dont think id ever have one but id like him to henna my bump!

I'm hoping my henna comes tomorrow so I can get a nice design on my very rounded and bulging bump, so glad Smokeyjoe posted about that, I'd never have remembered you could do that. You still around Smokey? Getting positive signs?

Still here! :haha::blush:
Just more of the same sort of pre-labour/period pains that I've been having for the past 2 weeks :wacko:
I had a MW app yesterday, so baby a bit more engaged (2/5th). I was offered a sweep, but declined - MW made me feel like that was the wrong thing to do :growlmad: but last time it was so depressing to be told my cervix wasn't favourable that I swore I wasn't going to do it this time :dohh:

Anyway - strawberry picking sounds lovely :D Where did you order henna from?

Jodie - hope you can get the whole cot/basket thing sorted :D

Cranberry - there's a template birth plan on the NHS site and also I think on the Boots one :flower:

I have my 16w appt on Monday. Gonna bring up hb. Have decided that if they say anything against it I'll just say ok and deal with it in writing. I suppose it's the same with the sweep. Maybe try and think like well they're suggesting something but they don't have all the information so I'm just gonna say no thanks and smile

Hope my bloody mw is nice. I think I'll see her for most of my appts. The booking in one was crap

I had a crappy midwife for booking too. I could cope with her "doctor decides if you have home birth" crap as I was expecting it, but when I told her my EDD based on ovulation and she said it was 24.12.11 instead of 25.12.11 and just wrote it down I started to fume a little. Is it wrong I just wrote the correct due date at the front of the notes?

Luckily I know that my usual midwife is lovely and will be supportive. She will advise hospital cos thats what they are told to advise, but will support home. She told me before she discharged me with DD that if I really wanted a HBAC then they couldn't stop me, which is a lot better than being told "allowed this" and "not allowed that".

I wrote on my notes when mw had ticked that we'd discussed and agreed to a hospital birth. She did want to put my edd as dec 21st which is dh bday. I said uh no. And she changed it. Somehow these calculators are a few days either way sometimes. Stupid mw. Don't they realise that small things affect us a lot.

All I'm going to say is *poke poke poke*

Waggle!

You don't want to know the pic in my head now!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->