Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

ive seen so many women recently being told they cant have a hb because of them being understaffed! its starting to really p me off :(

I found out that one of the mums from school was refused her homebirth on my due date due to understaffing cos she simply didn't know her rights :(. So I was lucky going over in a way cos that was a fight I didn't have to have. I was so focused on actually going into labour that I think I would've lost the plot if anyone had then said sorry, not enough staff. It's only thanks to the lovely ladies here that I did know where I stood.

I still love reading this thread although I don't comment often. I just wish I could do it all again lol x x

Hi everyone, I also wish I could have my pool up but I don't want to risk any cat claws getting into it before I even start labour! lol I've already told my MW I wouldn't go to the hospital if they have staffing issues, they only have 2 oncall for HB's at one time, so if someone goes into labour on the same day before me they have staffing issues. It's silly really, you would have thought that maternity units would have a better plan for these kind of situations, they don't seem to appreciate what birth means to each individual mother, who's plans they want to totally change right at the worst possible moment in her pregnancy.

Smokey, I don't know about you, but I'm getting pretty tired of responding to comments of baby's overdueness! I'm only 3 days over the EDD, not offically over til 42wks anyway right?! When people ask now I'm just replying with "the only person that knows is this one" <pointing to tummy> :winkwink:

Had MW today, she offered a sweep but I declined, she was ok with that but did put some emphasis on the fact that next week I will be 10days over, so I think when I decline next week aswell she will put up a bit more pressure. Especially as it will be my normal MW again who's back off her hols and she's already told me that she didn't want to see me still pregnant when she got back :haha: charming...

hey ladies how are we all? were doing ok here... im grouchy today due to being too hot to sleep at ngiht and getting lots of uncomfortable braxton hicks all day!

ive started getting my birth box together with towels, pads etc and its making me super excited :D :D

i need to buy more towels myself. and then ile ask the mw on wednesday if she wants me to get anything else.

when/if i go over 40 wks and people ask me where baby is ile just say oh yeah forgot i had him the other day i just didnt tell anyone lol

We went to primark on Saturday on MM's advice & their towels are great, v cheap and nice & soft too :)

xx

i need to buy more towels myself. and then ile ask the mw on wednesday if she wants me to get anything else.

when/if i go over 40 wks and people ask me where baby is ile just say oh yeah forgot i had him the other day i just didnt tell anyone lol

I like it :haha: I'm going to use this next time anyone asks over the phone, bit harder when they are right in front of you! lol

I like it :haha: I'm going to use this next time anyone asks over the phone, bit harder when they are right in front of you! lol

i think it would be better to say to peoples faces lol might teach them to not be so stupid.

i never even thought about going primark for towels! i got some from asda and they feel like cardboard lol i dont think i can get to a primark in the next 5 weeks tho:(

hey ladies how are we all? were doing ok here... im grouchy today due to being too hot to sleep at ngiht and getting lots of uncomfortable braxton hicks all day!

ive started getting my birth box together with towels, pads etc and its making me super excited :D :D

I'm a little on the hot side too Sam, getting comfy at night? what is that? lol luckily my braxtons didn't start strong and proper until 37wks.

I loved getting my birthing box ready, you've been super efficient! I got mine ready about 2 wks ago.

i think it would be better to say to peoples faces lol might teach them to not be so stupid.

i never even thought about going primark for towels! i got some from asda and they feel like cardboard lol i dont think i can get to a primark in the next 5 weeks tho:(

Good point lol

We don't have a local Primark either, I've heard they are good for those kind of things too.

Say you left the baby on the bus then run off to go get it back:p I think ppl just dont realise that you get it from fricking EVERYONE who you talk to.

I saw the consultant this afternoon in the hospital, all was fine so wasnt much to say, she mentioned inducing me at 38-40 weeks and I just said yep ive been told, didnt think it was worth having it out now as anything could change. My MW knows, the hospital MW knows, its on my notes, just the consultant didnt bother to read them. I suppose its better to tell ppl as some ppl might think oh i can have a lovely normal birth with no pressure from anyone to do any different and finding out that they advise against that would be a big blow, better to say worse case scenario then 'let' you go past 40w if they deign it safe.

:wave:

Excellent post Bourne, interestingly Indigo was born at 40+3 so I fit that Swedish average.

Welcome newbies.

On the waterbirth front, I was blase about mess too but ended up coming out the pool and giving birth on the settee with only time to chuck down a couple of towels. I won't lie it looked like there had been a massacre afterwards. I even had a lovely mattress protector upstairs but no time to get it. The lesson being to have a backup land birth plan just in case. Something that can be assembled in a hurry in a convenient place not far from the pool and make sure your birth partner/mw knows about it!

I had wondered if some babies might've arrived as I don't have much time for the thread at the moment. Good luck nearly-due ladies!

my sofa is being covered up in a shower curtain and towels just incase

im planning on having a nest laid out on the floor too... and if #4 is anything like #3 i will need it... after my waters went with every contraction i was gushing so i had puddles everywhere!!! :lol:

im planning on having a nest laid out on the floor too... and if #4 is anything like #3 i will need it... after my waters went with every contraction i was gushing so i had puddles everywhere!!! :lol:

i didnt think of that. i had my waters broken and even tho i lost alot then i still lost more with each contraction for about an hour...so i might make a nest on the floor for this lol

lol it's funny the things that seem so un-important at the time but stay with you isn't it!
i remember looking down at my sisters feet and she had wet socks!!! :rofl:

lol it's funny the things that seem so un-important at the time but stay with you isn't it!
i remember looking down at my sisters feet and she had wet socks!!! :rofl:

i was sat on a chair crying because i didnt no if i was weeing or not hahaha
i then went to the loo and felt the difference and i was ok. soon as i stopped leaking i started to walk around.

bloody hell this one is digging into my cervix tonight

oooo i couldnt stand the cervix scrape feelings at the end of the pg!!

Im considering giving birth on the stairs :dohh: Im not sure if its a good idea or not but it seems like a pretty good position to be in. Only problem is there aint a lot of light & it's pretty narrow. I don't know why, it just kind of appeals to me having her on the stairs, everywhere else when I imagine it looks a bit uncomfortable because Im not doing it in a pool.

Has anyone else ever given birth on their stairs or am I going crazy :rofl:

xxx

u could get into the same position with ur knees on the floor resting on a birthing ball or ur sofa rather then being on the stairs. but its ur birth and if u wana go to the stairs go lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->