Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I dunno what to do lol just for some reason whenever I imagine what position to get into it's always on the stairs.

I have a ball though, maybe a slightly more sensible option :)

xxx

Wow, you've all had a busy night! I've missed heaps!

Good luck all of you nearly due and I'm sorry you're hot but I'm frrreeeezing! :cold: And I'll get to do the hot thing at the end too, December being our summer. I hope it gets easier for you all soon - keep your mind on the prize! I can't wait to read all your beautiful homebirth stories!

Moomin, you'll be fine - everything is going to be different this time.

I miss Primark! :sad2: I've still got heaps of towels from there that I've had for years and they are still fine, wish I'd bought a heap more before I left and bedding as well, ah well, it's just stuff.

I don't have much to add - I have my next appt with my MW next Wed, can't wait, and am waiting for my 19 week scan date - it's the only one I'm doing unless there is a real need and I swithered about it for ages, but as I'm home VBACing 3hours away from the main hospital I'd like to rule out a full Placenta Praevia (as it's more common with a scarred uterus, evidently) or twins or any other significant things, so if I have to adjust my plans I've got time to re-align my mind, as it would take a lot! I declined the 12week Nuchal scan so I'm getting impatient to see my bubs now, but I feel a bit guilty subjecting the LO to all those soundwaves, I'll ask them to keep it as short as possible.

Have a good night, all!

On my phone so difficult to catch up. Hope everyone is okay?

I'm hacked off here in a BnB was hoping me and hubby might be able to have some fun, been to a wedding had a few drinks, got MIL taking care of the babies. But no.

Not only did hubby leave halfway through the evening for a nap, he wouldn't dance and has now fallen asleep. Grr.

Well that was a couple quid on condoms wasted LOL

Aw, chuck, you poor thing - wake him up? If he's still not into it at least you know you have disturbed his sleep and annoyed him, hehe.

It's a bit like let sleeping dogs lie with him.

Just like our own wedding, he got too pissed for anything then too!!

<facepalm>

How brilliant Moomin, you got your pool!!! Now that IS real! Have fun having a dry run with it!

Oh and Cranberry, don&#8217;t worry about all the other risks of child birth! Why by deciding to have a home birth are we singled out to have a special talk about any of the risks that are associated with ALL pregnancies?!? I would like to see them do it to other ladies that have booked a hospital birth! >?

&#8220;oh hello welcome to blah blah Trust, if you have a hospital birth here you have a ¼ risk of having a c-section, let me also tell you about shoulder dystocia, PPH, fetal distress and our policy of trying to make you birth within 2hours of arriving, and only 1 hour, if you have done this before&#8221;

I found it helpful to find out all the risks and see what the differences in how they are managed - if any,to home - most are treated the same at home initially.

Nikki - There is no need to tell your landlord. It is their property, but it is your home and you have the freedom to do what you like in your private life in it. Have a good MW appointment on Wed!

Hi Solitaire - Welcome to the thread! Gosh you are all ready to go! How exciting. My OH had a few glasses of wine and sat in our when we tested it out with our first - he was quite a sight! Drinking and watching rugby!

Oh Sam, thank you! - &#8220;Cervix scrape&#8221; that is exactly what I&#8217;m feeling - I have been struggling to put what I&#8217;m feeling into words. I hope baby hasn&#8217;t got both head and hands engaged! Lol

I think stairs would be a good angle Linzi! The side of our sofa are not high enough. But I couldn&#8217;t really use our stairs, as I think the other residents of this block of flats might be a little upset with me! ;-)

Chuck, your OH obv just can&#8217;t keep up with you! ;-) lol!
XxX

Morning ladies, my henna arrived yesterday :happydance:

Had a play yesterday, hubbie tried his best but could not figure out the technique of using the cone, so I had to do it myself. It was like using a small royal icing piping bag, which is what I do for a living I had a bit more of an idea!

I'm going to add some more to it tonight as theres only a certain amount of time I could sit still with the braxtons and stabbing pains in the cervix! What do you think? Not perfect, but not bad considering I am doing it upside down freehand lol

https://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee88/Tagtags1982/Hennabelly-1.jpg

^^^^^ WOW!!! That is amazing!!!!
I can't believe you did all that free hand?
It looks totally brilliant! I love it!
Xx

That's freehand?!!! Jeez! That's awesome! Such a pretty design!

Aw thanks, I'm hoping that when I go over certain bits tonight it will cover the slightly wonky uneven bits! It was really fun, I'd highly recommend trying it! Although if you can get someone else to do it for you - much better! :winkwink: and worst case scenario and it does go a bit wrong it only lasts about 1-2weeks so no permanent damage done :)

err having really bad bh today along with painful engaging feeling so im tempted to get my tens machine out lol

end of this week my doula is on holiday for 16 days so doesnt get back till im 38 weeks, so im hoping i dont pop before she gets back :(

getting my hb kit tomo so ive got to find a place for that to go tonight lol

Indigo - your henna tattoo is lovely :flower: I'm hoping mine arrives today so I can do it in time :haha:

Moomin - hope you're ok. My HB box is huge - I had to put it in the hall and hope DS didn't decide to rummage! I put some other stuff on top so he can't get into it :wacko: The two gas cylinders are in the bedroom with an old sheet over them so I don't have to look at them - way too scary and medical :winkwink:

if i can get off my bum and clear out my utility cuboard it should fit in there. i also need to clear out my conservatory but it gets so hot i wouldnt put the g&a in there haha

i bought dog training mats today 30 for £4.99, so much cheaper then maternity mats:D

im officialy 8 months tomorrow, cant believe how fast time has gone and i still feel like ive got loads to do

if i can get off my bum and clear out my utility cuboard it should fit in there. i also need to clear out my conservatory but it gets so hot i wouldnt put the g&a in there haha

No probably not a good idea :haha::haha: Though having said that, I forgot all about ours the other night and had an oil burner on in the bedroom with a candle in it :blush: Needless to say I didn't explode the house! :blush:

that henna is so pretty, you are a brilliant artist indigo

we dont have anything dropped round for HB here, and ive never had the gas but last time she didnt even have any with her!!

No probably not a good idea :haha::haha: Though having said that, I forgot all about ours the other night and had an oil burner on in the bedroom with a candle in it :blush: Needless to say I didn't explode the house! :blush:

i cant see candles doing much harm unless its ontop of the canister lol
im using zanes wardrobe as storage now lol so ile have to move his carseat up there so i can fit the birth box next to the fridge.

theres so much u dont think u need to think about lol

Indigo - your henna tattoo is lovely :flower: I'm hoping mine arrives today so I can do it in time :haha:

Moomin - hope you're ok. My HB box is huge - I had to put it in the hall and hope DS didn't decide to rummage! I put some other stuff on top so he can't get into it :wacko: The two gas cylinders are in the bedroom with an old sheet over them so I don't have to look at them - way too scary and medical :winkwink:

I know that was in my mind too :winkwink: I thought something was going to happen last night as it felt like a had a heavy menstral ache all night, but woke up to it being gone. I don't mind though, my doula is further away today with her fulltime job so I have no problem with baby waiting a little longer. :thumbup:

Are you being offered sweeps and such like now? Are they getting a bit twitchy now with you being a VBAC or quite relaxed about you going to 42wks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->