Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

hello all

i got my home birth woohoo yellow bump turned pink

summer rose born 13th september at 9.34 weighing 8lbs 4 half Oz. no pain relieve just water and jasmine oil. was truly amazing did have to go to hospital due to a bleed.

but would highly recommend a natural birth with water.

Congratulations and well done :hugs:

Because OB's are wrong sometimes...

https://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2011/09/22/grapich-birth-photo-of-baby-born-with-a-nuchal-hand/

Awww such a prescious picture and glad the dr was wrong for her!! My brother was born like that apparently! X

Its all amazing, HBAC with nuchal hand but she was yold she could and wouldnt do any of it....gawd us wimmins are so rubbish. lol

that must have been painful though >.< his wee face is all squishy :cloud9:

hello all

i got my home birth woohoo yellow bump turned pink

summer rose born 13th september at 9.34 weighing 8lbs 4 half Oz. no pain relieve just water and jasmine oil. was truly amazing did have to go to hospital due to a bleed.

but would highly recommend a natural birth with water.

Beautiful name, beautiful pic, awesome to hear and congrats!! :) :) I'm grinning ear to ear.

Because OB's are wrong sometimes...

https://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2011/09/22/grapich-birth-photo-of-baby-born-with-a-nuchal-hand/

OH MY GOSH!! That's just amazing!! I see so many women with that tightening fear over them and this is just an EMPOWERING story. Natural birthing does reign true. Thank you for sharing!

That blog is amazing, you can find them on FB too.

my eldest had a nuchal hand/arm they had to move his hand to put the ventouse cap on his head

I volunteered at a loval NCT birth choices info evening last night.

A really lovely night with some local businesses pedalling their photography/jewellery/maternity clothes and then women who had HB'd Doulas, IM's, Hypnobirthing practitioner, Aromatherapist, Reflexologist, Acupuncturist, Yoga teacher, Active birth teacher, NCT Antenatal class teachers, pregnancy mindfulness psychologist and the Head of Midwifery in East Kent! They even had a birth pool to show off.

The HoMW was there to explain the shake up of local midwifery and the suspension of 2 BC's locally, it was good to hear form the horses mouth what was happening but she was getting a little harangued.

I was there to speak to any mums about HBAC/VBAC..there was 1 lady who wanted to speak with me and she said she found it really helpful and I/m passing her all the links I have for stuff so I guess I've done a good deed LOL!

That's fab :thumbup: well done you.

I've been having lots of Braxton hicks the past few days, it's nice to know he's getting warmed up in there ready for the real thing :winkwink:

I had my home birth appt on thurs and my mw was fab! She was really on board with all of our wishes, the only thing she wasnt happy about was the alternative cord clamp but im willing to let that go for the sake of all the long list of things she is ok with!!

Cookie is starting to engage too, only 1/5 but shes heading the right way :D

Ive inflated the birth pool today, harry was modelling it for me and he kept peering in to it saying ''wheres the baby?'' :cloud9:

308343_10150313299109055_760614054_8027576_153864861_n.jpg

That's great :thumbup: also, i love the look of your pool- what make is it?

Here's Toby trying out ours!

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/fakeplasticgirl7/SSL25578.jpg

I had my home birth appt on thurs and my mw was fab! She was really on board with all of our wishes, the only thing she wasnt happy about was the alternative cord clamp but im willing to let that go for the sake of all the long list of things she is ok with!!

Cookie is starting to engage too, only 1/5 but shes heading the right way :D

Ive inflated the birth pool today, harry was modelling it for me and he kept peering in to it saying ''wheres the baby?'' :cloud9:

View attachment 269727

Mine wasn't happy about the cord tie either and said that I have to put it on myself. I don't mind doing that though. I don't see why it's an issue if the cord is left until it's stopped pulsating as it's no longer filled with blood :shrug:

Pool looks great :thumbup: Harry looks very cute sitting in there.

I got the 'government guidlines.... red tape... protocol.... yada-yada' speech!!!

its a la bassine, whats yours?

Ooh i like it :D Ours is the birth pool in a box eco mini.

I bought it from someone on ebay when i was just 22 weeks pregnant. Only paid £39 and got a few 'accessories' with it, like a brand-new unopened liner, hose pipe and thermometer, so i think we did quite well :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->