Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Ether lol. Allthough its a bit hard to keep the chips in place while nelt on the floor.

So, was One Born Every Minute any better last night? I decided not to bother with it.

It was a teeeny, tiny but better but only in that the MWs didnt offend me as much as they did the first week. One young girl was being ridiculous IMO and they only showed her because it made better TV than a calm woman not swearing etc.....still a terrible advert for hospital birth.

Im glad they shower that girls mam telling her she was being silly and she needed to get a grip.

Morning ladies,

I just sat there thinking to myself, " It cant be that painful..your only two cms :dohh:" and I havent even had kids yet I hope that doesnt come back to bite me in the bum but something tells me she was really overreacting.

So how is everyone? I am working my way through your book Lisa, really informative I love it..:hugs:

EternalRose x x x

Well....it's official. I am 'pre-eclamptic' and being induced. First go in the next ten minutes. I suppose I can but hope that the pessays work and I avoid a c-section??

The pessaries WILL work! Keep positive. As I said in my PM, you can still be in control of your labour and have a great birth experience. Dont give in to the panic and fear. When I was induced the pessaries worked a treat and my contractions came thick and fast. Try not to panic if this happens. They do settle down it's just because you have been started in labour artificially. I panicked and signed up for an epidural - big mistake. I spent the next 16 hours on my back which slowed everything down. So if it starts with a bang use the gas and air and try to keep in control and you'll probably find it settles to a more 'natural' pattern.

You can do it darling!! :hugs:

Well....it's official. I am 'pre-eclamptic' and being induced. First go in the next ten minutes. I suppose I can but hope that the pessays work and I avoid a c-section??

Im going to be thinking of you today hun x x :hugs:

Hi all I went to see my MW yesterday and all is generally ok ..... But I'm 32 weeks this week and Already having v strong BH's with lots of tightenings.(With DS BH's didn't come this strong till 2 weeks b4 he was born) Mw checked me and said babys head is already vv low down for my weeks and considering it's my 5th baby it's early for it to be this low. She said HB is fine as long as I can make it till at least 37 weeks.:shrug: If I can only get to 34-37 I can go to the birth center but anything in the next two weeks I'll have to go to the main hospital. I really don't want to go there it's 20 miles from home and at the mo they have several wards closed due to the nuro virus or whatever it is.:nope: She booked me an appointment for 34 weeks at home to arrange the HB details and said "hope to see you then" My bump is also very low down.
All along I knew this was a little girl and she is, and all the way along I've had a feeling and all my dreams are of having her early, so now I'm just keeping my legs crossed. I havn't even tested out my pool yet and was really looking forward to trying a waterbirth after having a dry land HB with DS.
It's so strange you get to this stage and normally all you can think of is having your baby, now all I can think of is not having her for another few weeks:dohh::wacko:

Thanks girls. I'm still on my own at mo, so your posts mean a lot xxxx

BH good luck Hope your DH can be with you soon. Will be thinking of you:)

Keep positive and relaxed - that's why you wanted a home birth...because you know that being relaxed and positive makes for a great birth experience. You can still do that where you are :hugs:

So....checked with MW and I'm not allowed in the pool :(
so gutted xx

Aww hun :hugs: I didnt think you would be. :( How's it going? Any sign of the pessaries getting things going?

BH, huuuuge hugs to you, lovely. I hope everything progresses well and smoothly. I know it wasn't what you had planned, but best to find out about the PE in good time, so that you and baby can come through strong and healthy. :hugs: Try to stay as relaxed, positive and centred as you can - it WILL make a huge difference.

I still don't feel up to writing out my birth story girls - hopefully in the next few days. There's just so much I want to get down, and I'm tired, but I'll share it once its done. It all went smoothly though, and we're all well and healthy and super happy. All three of us had a good night's sleep and Isaac is very contented and calm. I thought I'd share a few pics and videos - BH focus on the end result, you'll soon be holding your lovely little baby in your arms too. :cloud9: Some of you may have seen some of these on facebook, but they were mostly posted on my husband's acct, so I think there's new stuff too. A couple of videos, and then some pics on the next post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q9dvR-2SlY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxdD5iqUtg0&feature=channel

Thanks for your PM Lisa.
You are right - this is so about PMA!! It shouldn't matter whether I am at home, in hospital or (in a hovel under a railway bridge....!! See - told you I'd been reading it!!) it's all to do with me and my outlook.
I have had a little show, but no contractions so far :(

Our teeny weenie boy. :)

Attachments

• 22657_102702813094116_100000631939676_80243_3567670_s.jpg
    22657_102702813094116_100000631939676_80243_3567670_s.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 74
  • tmpphpxCClxf.jpg
    tmpphpxCClxf.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 22457_102674836430247_100000631939676_79713_3241355_s.jpg
    22457_102674836430247_100000631939676_79713_3241355_s.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 74
Relax BH.......and dont worry about the pool...for all you know it might not have been helpful....it wasnt for me first time round!! Just try and find positions you feel most comfy in....cant wait to hear news

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->