Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

I think they keep you strapped to monitors for all inductions TBH hun. If they induce you it's because they think there's a risk to you and/or bab so they'll probably want to keep a very close eye on you both. BUT you never know and if you are then I'd try to negotiate a bit of a compromise so you can at least feel mobile maybe?

I agree with the size thing but yes if you're looking like you're getting PE then needs must and all that.

Read the Hypnobirthing book!! If you are induced it will REALLY help you. No matter where, how or why this baby is born BH, you need to be in a positive frame of mind and you can still have a wonderful birth experience! It's not all or nothing darling so I order you to read it!! It's very easy going and you will get through it this evening if you put that damn iPhone down :p It WILL help I promise xxxx

My first was an induction and was a fairly good experience as hospital births go. I think that the key is to find out what you can reasonably request in your birth plan. You will be hooked up to an IV most likely and in my trust in the labour suite as opposed to the MLU(so no pool.) However, your trust may have a pool in the labour suite, you need to find these things out. I did not have continual foetal monitoring, so I could have moved around after my waters had gone had I requested it. I ended up in the lithotomy position which in hindsight was the worst thing I could do. You can ask that your care is midwife led, that you are mobile, that you use TENS, that foetal monitoring is non invasive (doppler rather than strapped to a machine which is what my midwives did once my waters had broken.) You can as suggested use hypnobirthing to cope with the intensity of the artificially induced contractions, use a birth ball etc. Don't forget that just because you are having one intervention doesn't mean you have to hand control of your birth over to everyone else. You are still entitled to choice in hospital. Best of luck :)

Haha!! I'll have a read again in a bit, I just feel a bit emotional 'tis all xx

BH - induction is in itself risky for you and your baby, plus the PE factor so CFM is likely. But they might have the new style monitors that you can use in the pool/while mobile so do check.Definitely read through the book. My labour didn't go as I hoped but the hypnobirthing was invaluable, it helped me stay calm throughout, even when I was wheeled into theatre. BUT, I'm still hoping everything is ok and you can go home tomorrow!

Haha!! I'll have a read again in a bit, I just feel a bit emotional 'tis all xx

Oh sweetheart - I really feel for you. I've got all my fingers crossed, that things will look better for you in the morning.
I know your prob worried sick about having PE - you can only try and be calm and take it all one step at a time. I hope you can get some sleep. I'll be thinking of you.
Sending you all our love
Keep strong
xxxxx

Thanks Trumpetbum,

That's good to hear. At least I can try and be assertive and ask lots of questions xxxx

Thanks Shifter and BF,
I guess I'll just have to wait and see what morning brings. I will be sure to update you all xxxx

Evening lovelies :hugs:

Just about to settle and watch One Born Every Minute....wonder what tonights episode will bring!

I was at my SILs tonight, the one that said we were mental for considering a HB and within 10 minutes of talking about it, she ended up saying she thought it was exactly the right thing for us! Amazing what can change when someone listens to your reasons isn't it.......!

xxx

seriously this thread moves so fast i can barely keep up! :p

huge congrats nat can't wait to read ur birth story.

and hugs BH! def read the hypnobirthing book. Like shifter my birth didn't go to plan but i stayed clam and fairly positive considering and i think thats all thanks to hypnobirthing.

MM Have you tryed frozen chips to turn baby? Reki is also supposed to work, i think its reki, they burn somethng over your little toe and it helps turn baby

Hello! :hi:

I've always wanted a water birth, but just this evening me and the hub started discussion a home water birth. Don't have a lot of knowledge on the subject as yet but going to keep an eye on this thread and discuss it with the midwife next week!

Very exciting!

MM Have you tryed frozen chips to turn baby? Reki is also supposed to work, i think its reki, they burn somethng over your little toe and it helps turn baby

It's moxibustion you're thinking off with the burning things on your toes Lozzy :) When they have scanned me they'll send me to have acupuncture and moxibustion. After that I'll be offered ECV but I've decided that I'm no bothering with it. I think he'll turn on his own :)

It's moxibustion you're thinking off with the burning things on your toes Lozzy :) When they have scanned me they'll send me to have acupuncture and moxibustion. After that I'll be offered ECV but I've decided that I'm no bothering with it. I think he'll turn on his own :)

Ahh thats it, i knew they burned something over your toe lol. A friend of mine spend 2 days with a bag of frozen peas,chips ect on her tummy to get baby to turn and it worked

I played my iPod to the bottom of my belly the other night in bed! :lol: I think I might get the torch out tonight....then it might be time for the oven chips to make an appearance!! :lol:

If it works lol. You can get your own back on me in a few years time

What was the other thing she was told to do?

Oh yer, sit in the downwards dog yoga position, That was a funny sight to see lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->