Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Nattie...you have a gorgeous boy there! :flower: Cant wait to hear your birth story.

BH- Good luck...sending you lots of positive thoughts. Im sure everything will work out for the best.

I had a MW appt today with the HB team...everything is looking good...baby has engaged which is fantastic considering its my 2nd child and they dont usually engage until labour start, good HR, nice low BP and nothing nasty in my urine...I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow so from tonight Im starting the eviction process:wacko:

She will only come when shes ready so I dont see the harm in starting early.

Hope you guys are good.x.

Hi all I went to see my MW yesterday and all is generally ok ..... But I'm 32 weeks this week and Already having v strong BH's with lots of tightenings.(With DS BH's didn't come this strong till 2 weeks b4 he was born) Mw checked me and said babys head is already vv low down for my weeks and considering it's my 5th baby it's early for it to be this low. She said HB is fine as long as I can make it till at least 37 weeks.:shrug: If I can only get to 34-37 I can go to the birth center but anything in the next two weeks I'll have to go to the main hospital. I really don't want to go there it's 20 miles from home and at the mo they have several wards closed due to the nuro virus or whatever it is.:nope: She booked me an appointment for 34 weeks at home to arrange the HB details and said "hope to see you then" My bump is also very low down.
All along I knew this was a little girl and she is, and all the way along I've had a feeling and all my dreams are of having her early, so now I'm just keeping my legs crossed. I havn't even tested out my pool yet and was really looking forward to trying a waterbirth after having a dry land HB with DS.
It's so strange you get to this stage and normally all you can think of is having your baby, now all I can think of is not having her for another few weeks:dohh::wacko:

fingers crossed you make it to 37 weeks! every pregnancy is different so hopefully she stays put....being your 5th child your body is probably more sensitive to BH/ tightenings in preperation for labour but hopefully knows not to start to early.x.

omg that made me all weepy.He is didly and so adorable xxxxxxxx

Lovely photos and vids Nat, gorgeous little man. My brother's name is Isaac, so I approve too ;)

BH - I hope things are going well, I'll be thinking of you.

Dee - braxton hicks reportedly get more intense with each pregnancy, so I wouldn't worry about that, and your bump may be low due to your abs not being as tight as they used to be. Remember that no one can force you in to hospital. If you go into labour you can refuse to go in, insist you are staying put and remind them they are obliged to send someone. Are you sure of your dates? Could you be further on than they think? Obviously there are risks for bubs at this stage, but it is still your choice where to give birth.

No change here. Still breech and following the same growth line so I have a scan on monday to confirm his breech position and estimate his size. I did ask if his position might make him appear bigger than he is and my MW said it's entirely possible......we shall see what monday brings. According to her rudimentary estimates, he's just over 7lb now but it could be way out. I told her about the hypnotherapy session to help me to get him to turn and how the therapist suggested that he'd turn by the time I had the scan. My MW told the sonographer that she'd be ringing to see what the outcome was on monday! If he's turned by the scan I will freak! If the scan shows he's breach they will crack on with moxibustion first. Everything else fine with BP and urine. :)

BH - I'm sending lots of positive labour juju your way!!! Good luck!

Nattie - OMG what a cutie pie, congrats again! I can't wait to watch your videos, but I have to wait a couple hours until my lunch break (when it is a little more acceptable to cry at your desk).

Deej23 - I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that your little one holds off until 37 weeks! :)

MM - I am glad to hear that all is well with your little boy! I sure hope he cooperates and spins himself around. Have you tried any of the tricks in Ina May's book?

Congrats again Nat he really is beautiful!

BH I am thinking of you and cant wait to hear that you have had your beautiful baby. MM is right, 'homebirth' is a state of mind. I really hope you manage to have a wonderful experience even though its not in the place you had in mind.

Mervs mum I am thinking turning thoughts...and oddly singing the byrds song (turn turn turn not the birdy song, that would just be weird!)

Have a ward to myself ;)
am on birth ball - it's fab :)
am having period type pains every four or so minutes, but not massively painful yet xx

That's great BH. Keep mobile, do figure of 8s on the birth ball for optimal positioning. Keep relaxed and keep breathing. You are doing great :thumbup:

Could you pop my due date on please?

24th April and team yellow!

MM - if you are editing, could you change me from team yellow to team blue :) Thanks!

Still thinking of you, BH. Sounds like you're doing great. :hugs: We're all really looking forward to hearing your announcement that you have your LO in your arms.

Gina, congrats on your news that you're having a boy!

Turns out the pains last night were still just 'effacement' pains and didn't turn into contractions :( I got a grand total of 2.5hrs sleep - great.

MW's are lovely and kind. They will be round at 5.30 to 'wake' me for my shower, then it's time for my waters to be broken. I am so scared. My BP has been high and oedema still bad. Headache eased off though. Protein still showing :(
I was asking about aftercare last night and the MW said that I was clearly not stupid and knew a little mire about the 'process' than many, and she respected that and was therefore completely honest, which I appreciated. Basically, the risk fro
pre-eclampsia remains high (for me) 12-24hrs after birth. This is due to the high BP and increased risk of 'eclamptic' fit or a sudden drop in BP, causing the risk of a stroke.
I will be on the high-dependency recovery ward for prob two days after birth.
I am feeling very scared, but also excited about meeting lo.
My hubby had a bit of a hard time getting his head around things last night, and I had a bit of a 'chat' with him. It was hard, as he is so dissapointed that our birth plans have panned out so differently. I explained that he needed to go home and get his head around things, as he was not helping me and was making me feel like i was already a failure :'(

I hope my BP isn't too high this morning....(it reached 157/100 yesterday) my booking in was 115/55....

Anyhoo, I've had a little cry and 'wobble' this morning and guess I need to go get in the shower and get ready for my waters being broken.

Thank you for your support girlies, it means so much. I think my friend Ginny (glong88) will try and update third tri if I can't throughout the day xxxx

Will be looking out for updates throughout the day and sending you tons of positive thoughts. You're in the right place for the care you need for your special circumstances, which is exactly the home birthing and hypnobirthing mentality. You are in tune with your body and your baby and are taking the extra help you need. You're already a great mama. Let's your hope your DH comes back after a chance to get his head together and has a fresh perspective and positivity to support you through. Looking forward to hearing the wonderful news of your baby's birth and sharing in your happiness. :hugs::hugs:

BH - Can't wait to hear your good news!!!

Nat - those vids and pictures are brilliant!! Really touched me. He's a little star!

Big welcome MrsRaggle.. We here to support you all the way.

Congratulations on the news of your little boy Gina!

Wow, so much has happened!!

My news is that my lo laughed for the first time last night - it had me and the oh crying with laughter with her!!!! It's all so worth it, they're amazing! And it goes so quickly
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->