Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Looks like BabyHaines has had her baby from what I can see on her FB wall :)

That's wonderful! I don't think I have her on FB :( I dont' think I have you either MM...

Just saw an announcement on another thread. Congrats BH and Mr BH, glad little George is here safe and sound.

Congrats BH!!! Just saw your announcement in third tri! So glad to hear that your little one has arrived safe and sound!!! :)

Wooohooo!!!! Congratulations BH, well done!!!
I've always liked the name George!
So pleased you are both through the birth and well
xxxx

Here's BH's post :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...27-hospital-hes-here-pg12-12.html#post4469782

Oh congrats BH! Cant wait to see a piccie of your beautiful baby boy xx Oh and George is a FAB name...Oscar is Oscar George so I have to approve :)

Congratulations to BH & family, hope the recovery is speedy.x.

How wonderful! Congratulations. I like George as well. Nice proper name!

On another topic, I'm so pleased! I'm interested in donating my milk, so I went through UKAMB and contacted my nearest milk bank:
I am writing to enquire about information for donating breast milk. I've not yet had my baby (due in 9 days), but I thought it best to send my enquiry before I have him and I forget!

As a NICU nurse within the same network as Queen Charlotte's, I'm very aware of the importance of donor breast milk; and I would like to contribute to that if I can.

Thank you in advance for any information you may be able to send my way.

And they got back to me straight away!
Many thanks for your enquiry. I will send an information pack in the post for you to browse whilst you await your new arrival! The best time to start expressing breastmilk for donating to a milk bank is once your breastfeeding is well established which is usually at around 3 to 4 weeks after your baby has been born. In the meantime do feel free to call me on xxxx if you have any queries.

I will need to go through a detailed health questionnaire with you and also make arrangements for you to have the necessary blood tests. These need to be done at the time you become a donor.

xxxx is a bit too far away for me to send a courier to collect your milk but I live on the outskirts of West London and will be happy to collect your milk every 3 to 4 weeks.

All best wishes - I shall look forward to meeting you and your new baby!

Yay!

Oh, and [TMI] I think I may have lost a bit of my mucous plug last night - a 20p sized blob of clear jelly (with a little streak of yellow in it). No more than that though. My midwife is coming this afternoon, so I'll see what she thinks.

Update on me!!

SPD seems to be calming alot down since i was sleeping on the recliner chair in the living room. But it felt horrible with OH in the bedroom and me on my own so using ALL the towels, extra bed linen and pillows, OH made me a sort of big cushion so im not lying flat on my back. Its not ideal and not the most comfortable and gives me some back pain but im not in agony from my SPD and can walk comfortably and i get to sleep with my OH so its all good!!

Think baby has turned. There has been lots of movement rather than kicking and i have become a tad swollen down there which is what happened with Maley when she went head down. I have a growth scan on 1st March so we will see!!

Keep getting moments of being scared and excited at the same time. Not looking forward to the pain but looking forward to labour! If that makes sense!!

How wonderful! Congratulations. I like George as well. Nice proper name

Yay!

Oh, and [TMI] I think I may have lost a bit of my mucous plug last night - a 20p sized blob of clear jelly (with a little streak of yellow in it). No more than that though. My midwife is coming this afternoon, so I'll see what she thinks.

woooo!!!!! Its starting to happen!!

Glad you're not suffering quite as bad Rachie :)

Sounds promising Manda!! oh and I donated milk as my local hospital is in the scheme so I could literally drop it off down at the SCBU (after I'd had the blood tests etc) and it was used by local babies! :D

woooo!!!!! Its starting to happen!!

*sigh* Just finished seeing my midwife who reminded me that it doesn't necessarily mean anything is imminent. I know she's right. He's still 4/5 palpable as well (although I feel that he's down further). Wee is fine. BP is fine and actually better than last week. Fundal height was perfect at 39cm. Baby's heart beat is fine. She figures I'll go over by a few days. I don't wanna. :nope:

I'm due to next see her for an antenatal check and stretch/sweep at 40+2, then further stretch/sweeps at 40+3 and 40+5 to try to get things going and stay away from that induction that I'm desperate to avoid. She said they tend to schedule an induction around 41+4, give or take a day. So, this bean had better get out by 12/03! I keep reminding myself that he's not even due for another 8 days.

Thought I would drop by and let you all know, had our gender scan today and we are cooking a Princess!!!!!!! :pink:

Head is full of all sorts of things but very relieved that everything is perfect and just as it should be with her :hugs:

xxx

*sigh* Just finished seeing my midwife who reminded me that it doesn't necessarily mean anything is imminent. I know she's right. He's still 4/5 palpable as well (although I feel that he's down further). Wee is fine. BP is fine and actually better than last week. Fundal height was perfect at 39cm. Baby's heart beat is fine. She figures I'll go over by a few days. I don't wanna. :nope:

I'm due to next see her for an antenatal check and stretch/sweep at 40+2, then further stretch/sweeps at 40+3 and 40+5 to try to get things going and stay away from that induction that I'm desperate to avoid. She said they tend to schedule an induction around 41+4, give or take a day. So, this bean had better get out by 12/03! I keep reminding myself that he's not even due for another 8 days.

Manda, please remember that normal pregnancy is 37-42 weeks. Your estimated due date is completely meaningless and you are not "overdue" until after 42 weeks! On average caucasian babies (sorry if I am assuming incorrectly) arrive at 41+1 for primiparous women and 40+3 for multips. You do not have to "avoid" induction, you may simply state that you do not want one. By all means accept the offer of sweeps if you want but these are also voluntary and it is generally accepted that they only appear to work if the cervix is already ready. In which case what is the point really?!
:hugs:

Pops - congratulations on team :pink:! So so exciting!

Rachie - glad to hear that you are more comfortable!!!

Congrats Pops!!! It's funny isn't it? The moment you find out what your baby is, even though you always knew it was going to be one of 2 possibles, It fills your head with all sorts of thoughts and associations
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->