Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Hi everyone

First timer and hb hopeful here, feeling optimistic but slightly nervous when I think about the 'what ifs'....

So pleased that this section has loads of useful info. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and share the journey.

Good luck!

I don´t know how you feel about it, but maybe look into hypnobirthing? (not to practice it, just to calm yourself down) :)
I know it´s put all of my what-if fears to rest :)
Good luck, and enjoy this journey :hugs:

Oh I should post!

I'm 30 DH and I expecting our first and planning for a home water birth, I'm in Blackpool too (I'm not called Sarah though!) Due in mid Jan, so I have TENS machine here, birthing pool and the MW has dropped off the birthing kits too, just need baby to make an appearance without any complications!

Oooh, hi again, its nice to meet someone from blackpool on here :) would love to hear how everything goes for you. Ive only met one midwife so far but she was really positive about home births. Do you mind me asking where you got your birthing pool from? I hear some hospitals loan them? I am quite willing to rent or buy one though.

I got mine from https://www.waterbabybirthingpoolhire.co.uk/

I asked the midwife, she said just google it. I met one midwife at my 36wk appt who was excitedly was like "ooooh I love nothing more than a good homebirth!" everyone else has been a bit "meh" don't seem bothered either way. So I hope I get the insanely happy one!

Hi ladies! I will be posting a birth story here in the next few days, but just wanted to let you all know I finally got my.homebirth! My little.boy, Samuel.Owen was born yesterday at 3:30 am after waters breaking at 10 pm.

Attachments

• 2013-01-03 04.31.20.jpg
    2013-01-03 04.31.20.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 9
Congratulations La Mere! :happydance:

Bet you're feeling a bit like superwoman aren't you? :winkwink:

Congratulations La Mere, he's gorgeous.

Well my home birth didnt go to plan. waters broke 3 weeks early and ended up being transfered to hosp after contactions stopped 4 hours into active labour :cry:

Birth story can be found HERE

Good luck for all uyour future births xx

Awww I'm sorry sweetthang, I was transferred so know how crappy it feels, he's gorgeous though. X

Thank you so much ladies.. And tbh, yes I do feel a little like superwoman :haha:

Sweetthang- I am sorry you didn't get the birth you wanted, but glad you and baby are okay. I was transfered with my first due to exhauation... I know how it feels. :hugs:

Congratulations on a successful homebirth La Mere :)

I just hit the 37 week mark today, and have been greenlighted by the midwife to go ahead with the home birth, as long as things stay as perfect as they have been (fingers crossed).
Pool is here, just sitting in its bag awaiting labor to start, and LO is staying head down, patiently biding his time :)

congrats on your little man sweetthang! sorry his birth didn't quite go to plan hun xx

Congrats La Mere and Sweetthang! Sorry to hear your birth didn't go as hoped sweetthang :(

Here's my birth story!
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/home-natural-birthing/1668165-samuel-owens-unassisted-birth-story.html#post24555635

Haven't posted in here for ages! I'm now an achiever as of 21/12/12, birth story is Here :D

I didn't mention in there that I saved the placenta for a smoothie, which was so yummy I had 2, and encapsulation. I left encapsulating to hubby who read temps wrong so it ended up burnt, but I am a big believer in things happening for a reason and in all honesty I really don't feel I need the boost. I am so in love and content :love:

Aw bubbles your back and with a baby eeeeeek. Your story is amazing so fantastic. Xx

Congrats Bubbles :happydance:

Interesting about the placenta...going to read your story & how you made the smoothie :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->