Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Thanks! :D

Just looked on the hospital website and they have an early access phone number, so I can just call and see the midwife at my local children's centre for booking appointment, and just have scan at hospital. Excellent service round here, less time at hospital = even better! :D

congrats rachiedata!! glad you've found your answer :thumbup: xx

Thought I'd introduce myself on here. I'm due 9th January and, after an initial NO from hubby, we're hoping for a HB this time. Meg, my 1st, was born in hospital after a fairly quick labour. I had wanted to use a MW led unit with her but, after arriver there in labour, I got told that I couldn't use it as I had a fibroid and I then had very light meconium in my waters so got moved next door to the delivery suite.

I've hired a birth pool, which arrived today, and a MW is coming on Sunday for the home visit, an antenatal check and to drop off the kit.
My main worry this pregnancy is my platelets. They dropped at 28 weeks, rose a bit at 31 weeks, dropped again to their lowest (107) at 34 weeks and rose again at 36 weeks (136). Hopefully they'll follow the pattern of my previous pregnacy now and be steady/rise to normal range. The MW is happy with a HB as long as they're nicely over 100.

I'm still very open minded about what will happen/how I'll feel when things kick off but it'd be nice to at least get to use the pool as I've paid to hire one! :haha:

Hi, span! Fancy seeing you here! I had a botched water birth with my daughter, Rayven. Ended up non- emeergency transfered to hospital where I ended up still having her vaginally and med free. Hubby and I are planning a UC this go around and if trouble arises, the hospital where we live now is closer than the one I ended up having my daughter at.

Hope your platelets keep rising and you get your HB!

Rachiedata- looks like we'll be home birthing bump buddies, which is funny, because I'm almost certain I remember you from last time I was here (I was pinkmonki)

For everyone else - Since I can't remember my login from last time, I'm Zoe, mum to a 7yr old boy and a 20mth old girl. One home birth, one home labour and a speedy ambulance trip, and hopeful for a third homebirth :)

Hi,

Hopeful homebirther here! Im due around the 7th July. This is my first pregnancy and so far so good. Midwife says they have a few home births on the books in our area (Blackpool) and as long I remain low risk there is no reason i should not get the home birth im hoping for :) Its so exciting! I was expecting to get some negative vibes from the MW with it being my first but she was all for it.

Sarah

Hi,

Hopeful homebirther here! Im due around the 7th July. This is my first pregnancy and so far so good. Midwife says they have a few home births on the books in our area (Blackpool) and as long I remain low risk there is no reason i should not get the home birth im hoping for :) Its so exciting! I was expecting to get some negative vibes from the MW with it being my first but she was all for it.

Sarah

Hi there! I am pregnant with #2 due in Jan. I am hoping to achieve my homebirth this time around. I had planned a water birth with my daughter, ended up non-emergency transferred to hospital where I ended up having her. Good luck and congratulations! Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months!

(my name is also Sarah)

Welcome and congrats to all the new hopefuls!!! We also have a website now!! :happydance: it's shaping up to be an amazing resource for homebirthers and hopefuls! There are even home birth stories you may recognise. Hopefully it will provide a quick, quality, easy reference point for common questions. www.homebirthersandhopefuls.com! Check it out! :)

Oooooo the site looks fantastic. I so can't wait to prepare for my hb, that WILL happen this time :)

Hi,

Sarah

Congrats! I'm also due in July, hoping for hb No.2 :D

Welcome and congrats to all the new hopefuls!!! We also have a website now!! :happydance: it's shaping up to be an amazing resource for homebirthers and hopefuls! There are even home birth stories you may recognise. Hopefully it will provide a quick, quality, easy reference point for common questions. www.homebirthersandhopefuls.com! Check it out! :)

ooh will go take a look, thanks :flower:

I'm due #2 in september and hoping for first home birth :D

Oh I should post!

I'm 30 DH and I expecting our first and planning for a home water birth, I'm in Blackpool too (I'm not called Sarah though!) Due in mid Jan, so I have TENS machine here, birthing pool and the MW has dropped off the birthing kits too, just need baby to make an appearance without any complications!

Hi everyone

First timer and hb hopeful here, feeling optimistic but slightly nervous when I think about the 'what ifs'....

So pleased that this section has loads of useful info. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and share the journey.

Good luck!

Scratch my previous comment (as Craftybean) I remembered the login for this screen name, then B&B deleted the craftybean one saying I had too many profiles :dohh:

Scratch my previous comment (as Craftybean) I remembered the login for this screen name, then B&B deleted the craftybean one saying I had too many profiles :dohh:

:haha: oops!

i remember you too :)

congrats to the new ladies pregnant!! got our 1st scan in the morning to see whether there is actually a baby in my belly :), bit nervous as been feeling quite well this time but then felt rubbish yesterday so hopefully bean is just fine in there, just being way nicer on the puke front than alex was :thumbup:

:haha: oops!

i remember you too :)

congrats to the new ladies pregnant!! got our 1st scan in the morning to see whether there is actually a baby in my belly :), bit nervous as been feeling quite well this time but then felt rubbish yesterday so hopefully bean is just fine in there, just being way nicer on the puke front than alex was :thumbup:

Ooh! Good luck with the scan. My daughter was a much nicer pregnancy than my son :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->