Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

:hi: Mrssmartie, welcome to the group! i'm expecting baby No.2 in July :) and hoping for another home birth!

Also in sussex :)...small world! xx

Okay I'm 98% sure I can get my insurance to cover my homebirth out-of-network.

After today, I'm about 60% sure I can convince them to cover it in-network, even though my midwife is not an in-network provider.

I'm pretty excited. Out-of-network would not really help that much because the out-of-network deductible is so high. But if I could get them to cover it in-network? It would be nice. Either way is better than having to pay 100% out of pocket (which I am prepared to do anyway, but it would be so nice to get some reimbursement back!!)

Okay I'm 98% sure I can get my insurance to cover my homebirth out-of-network.

After today, I'm about 60% sure I can convince them to cover it in-network, even though my midwife is not an in-network provider.

I'm pretty excited. Out-of-network would not really help that much because the out-of-network deductible is so high. But if I could get them to cover it in-network? It would be nice. Either way is better than having to pay 100% out of pocket (which I am prepared to do anyway, but it would be so nice to get some reimbursement back!!)

Wow, I feel so lucky I don´t have to worry about the financial side at all.
It´s all free here, homebirth or otherwise.

^ you guys are so lucky.
its so hard to get a home birth here in the USA, let alone getting it paid for :(

BREAKING NEWS: KATE MIDDLETON PLANS HOME BIRTH!!

No, of course not, but how much would we all love that?!

No BFP for me yet :( Tested last month, disappointed but not really surprised. I'm saying we're TTC but more like NTNP - with mine and OH's work schedules and busybusybusy from now til Christmas, I keep reminding myself that we actually need to see each other to TTC!!

Been having lots of baby conversations at work, hearing lots of baby news, seeing lots of newborns around town (not that I'd have dared take DS Christmas shopping when he was tiny, eeek!) - bloody broody! BUT - everything happens for a reason - I'm on for a promotion at work and although we all know an employer can't refuse you anything for being pregnant, I do think it might have worked against me if I had been preg now, while it's up for discussion. Also can have nice Christmas food, bubbly for breakfast, stilton and port in the evening, yum!

Anyway lots of positive wishes to all you girls!

I wonder if Kate will breastfeed. Imagine how she could start a trend by NIP :smug:

Lol I just thought your breaking news was real for a moment ha ha, and if she does bf I very much doubt there'll be nip which is very sad!

So so broody it's untrue! I've bright forward my ttc to August I think, I can be two month preg at my friends wedding! I'll still fit in my dress lol.

morning Ladies,

well tomorrow i have my scan to check my placenta has moved out of the way enough for me to continue with my homebirth plans!

i will be absolutely gutted if it hasnt :cry:

fingers Crossed please xx

morning Ladies,

well tomorrow i have my scan to check my placenta has moved out of the way enough for me to continue with my homebirth plans!

Fingers crossed for you :hugs:

morning Ladies,

Good luck! xx

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yipee::wohoo:

Placenta has moved enough so i can go ahead with my home water birth!!!

I'm so relieved - you do not want know what my dreams were filled of last night!!

soooooooooooooo Happy!!!!

I'm now three days late, but too nervous to test haha! Will test at the weekend, when OH and I are not going to work and we can celebrate/commiserate as required... I want home birth and little one number two!!

Got my BFP on Saturday :D

Home birth no. 2 planned for mid-August 2013!! :D :D

Quick question for those more experienced in NHS home birth than I - last time I went to my GP at about 7 weeks to book my antenatal care, after which followed appointment for dating scan and booking appointment at maternity hospital. I am keen to avoid the GP stage altogether as found that home birth was not taken seriously, but I'm happy to attend the (as natural birth friendly as a hospital can be) hospital for scan/booking. Can I just write a letter to the community midwives or head of midwifery at the hospital to book my care, or is GP easiest?

Excited!!

Got my BFP on Saturday :D

Home birth no. 2 planned for mid-August 2013!! :D :D

Quick question for those more experienced in NHS home birth than I - last time I went to my GP at about 7 weeks to book my antenatal care, after which followed appointment for dating scan and booking appointment at maternity hospital. I am keen to avoid the GP stage altogether as found that home birth was not taken seriously, but I'm happy to attend the (as natural birth friendly as a hospital can be) hospital for scan/booking. Can I just write a letter to the community midwives or head of midwifery at the hospital to book my care, or is GP easiest?

Excited!!

Congrats on your BFP! Afraid I am no help with your inquiry as I live in the states...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->