Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

gosh i'm sure the midwifes won't worry about your house hun! but I do know what you mean, plus nice to know its sorted for a bit right after baby is here...now I just look around and wonder who set off the toy bomb...that'd be DS1 then :haha:

hope you both have your hb's soon! x

:haha: yeah toy bombs...the story of my life :rofl:

true. i doubt MWs would care, but i always get so self concious since im a SAHM...i know its so rediculous, but like if someone came over and the house didn't look perfect i always feel like they think its my fault bc i dont "Work" for a living..but TBH i am def more on the "relax" side ...only cleaning when i have to :blush:

i am attempting to keep it up so i dont have much work to do once baby arrives but who am i kidding w two toddlers in the house :haha:

Urgh I'm very house proud when people are around especially strangers, was a nightmare keeping it tidy last time been Xmas and all, this time with already havering two little ones and all the mess they bring will be just as hard!

I wish my LO would arrive already! getting anxious keeping up w the house!Think this is the only downfall to HB, is keeping my house presentable :blush:

I'm trying hard to train my lot and they are all teens! I lose my middle son to Uni in two weeks so there is a much better chance of the place staying tidy as he is the really messy one.
My house is full of creative stuff. I have piles of cases of paper and floor to ceiling shelving with beads, jewellery and tools on. I live in a creative clutter, so my home will never ever look like a show home (I am a qualified interior designer! ~ not that you'd ever know!!)
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ht4ELtRfkTg/UOK6DbsUn1I/AAAAAAAAD70/vj8m7GEnco4/s320/room+002.JPG

No longer a hopeful.

My yellow bump turned pink, via home water birth. 10 days early, 9lbs 12oz with no pain relief such a wonderful experience.

I was 4 days overdue and didn't think about making sure the front room was toy free :dohh: I spent early labour tidying up hahahaha

I called my midwife to tell her but she's on holiday :( She is back next week and I am seeing her Tuesday afternoon. Do you think I should speak to another midwife to tell them I want a homebirth or just wait until my Tuesday appointment?

So chuffed as well! I posted on my local NCT Facebook page to see if anyone had a Birthpool to sell and a lady has offered me one for free! She said she never got to use it and I am more than welcome to have it! I'm not sure what its like but will pick it up next week and fingers crossed its all ok :)

I called my midwife to tell her but she's on holiday :( She is back next week and I am seeing her Tuesday afternoon. Do you think I should speak to another midwife to tell them I want a homebirth or just wait until my Tuesday appointment?

So chuffed as well! I posted on my local NCT Facebook page to see if anyone had a Birthpool to sell and a lady has offered me one for free! She said she never got to use it and I am more than welcome to have it! I'm not sure what its like but will pick it up next week and fingers crossed its all ok :)

i would probably be so excited that I would want to call and let them know ASAP with your dates etc as it's getting quite close. They may want to drop your box off etc. they may just tell you to talk to your own MW on her return, but you'd be no worse off!!

Great news about the free birth pool.

Congrats, Mummytochloe! <3

Cat, just ring the community midwives office, telling them you wanted them to know since your midwife was away at the moment, just to get the ball rolling, but that you'll also discuss it further with your midwife next week. I hope the pool is perfect!

Thanks! Have just called and am waiting for them to call back.
Really hoping the pool is ok. If not I have found a website you can hire them from for £90 for 5 weeks. I think I would go for the Small Birthpool in a Box.

I'm away at my parents house in London until next week but as soon as I get back and have seen my midwife on Tuesday and got the ok I will get all the bits I will need together, like plastic sheeting etc. My oh is super excited too which is great as I was scared he may not think it was a good idea. Another weight off my mind :)

I wouldn't spend £90 if I could help it - I'd check out eBay, Gumtree, etc first. Then you'd just need a new liner, which is £25ish. I got a regular sized BPIAB with liner, floor mat, thermometer, sieve, bag for £25 on eBay by watching. x

So I spoke to a midwife (mine was away on holiday last week) and got the ok for home birth :thumbup: She came round with the box of things they need and said my midwife would be in touch for my next appointment, not heard from her yet though so will call her tomorrow.

I went yesterday to pick up the pool the lady from my local NCT page offered me. Its fab! Brand New Birth Pool in a Box. I wasn't going to hire the full size one as didn't think I have space but much prefer it. It didn't come with the hoses or pump to empty it but I am going to try and get those tomorrow.

I'm so excited I've cleared loads of space in my front room this morning and blown it up but major problem.......the valve cover is missing from the top inflatable section :cry: I'm really gutted......no idea what to do :cry:

I'm started to get all panicked now that I'm not ready and this is the last thing I needed to happen. I so badly want my home water birth but now with only half a pool its looking unlikely.

Any ideas ladies??!!

xxx

1000610_10151834852341049_2059990011_n.jpg

1233618_10151834852256049_205455830_n.jpg

Here are the valves and the bit that's missing :(

Could you ask around if anyone has an unusable birth pool that you can salvage a valve cover from?

Thank you xxx

I've no one to ask, I don't know anyone who would have a birthing pool :(

Have asked the lady but she said she can't find it :(

Spent all day on Google but nothing coming up. I will call the company first thing tomorrow and see if there is anyway I can get the replacement valve screw.

And thanks MandaAnd, I will join that Facebook group now and see if anyone can help xxx

I was thinking maybe of getting a rubber stopper or something and just plugging the hole that way. Might work!!

If its just the top ring, plugging it and wrapping it with duct tape etc might work LNG enough as a last resort. Good luck finding a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->