home broadband (uk) which company?

lynne192

mum 2 James & Libby
Reaction score
hey all i just moved house about a month ago and want to get internet for the house, anyways i was always with virgin before and want to shop around and see what i can get offer wise cause well its nice to save money,

anyways can anyone tell me what they get monthly and the price etc? i have tv so don't want that in the package TV and internet would be fine, i already have virgin fittings in the house as the previous owners had virgin

but would love reviews and ideas on other things?

I'm with BT, unlimited evening and weekends, and 10GB Net.. Got the first three months free (except the line rental)

Now pay, £42 every three months for the package.. so £14 a month, plus £41 every three months for line rental. :wacko:

But I have yet to have any problems with them. They've been pretty helpful when I've had to ring them.

xx

Virgin just broadband on it's own, I pay £7 a month but I've been with them a while.

Plusnet is supposed to be the cheapest and has good reviews.

Look on www.moneysavingexpert.co.uk it's a brilliant website and always has up to date deals on it for well everything.

does anyone know if there are any good reliable sites to compare internet prices?

I have to say I'm with plus net and whilst at first they seem cheap they just keep putting the prices up :S And the worrying thing is it all adds up. Personally i'd just go for anything but tiscali and expect to pay £30 a month :/ But then I do use alot of internet.... no calls really apart from on a sunday to landlands (family calls! lol)

We had a Virgin Connection but it stayed down so much, it became a total headache. Their engineers told us they couldn't respond earlier than 10 days, etc etc and in the end, we cancelled our contract. Been on Sky since then - they did the installation etc for £19.99 and we pay £20 per month for really good internet and a phone line. We're really happy with their customer service too. This £20 also includes a phone line - which we rarely use- but weekend calls to UK landlines are free.

Like Clairealfie said, money saving expert is a great place to compare prices and performances.

thanks had a look and virgin almost always seem to come out top althought thier customer sevice is appaling

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->