Home doppler ..

sam3starxx

Expecting baby no 2
Reaction score
So I have a home Doppler at home I used with my first son. I found his heart beat at 12 weeks and I loved it.
Been using it for a while with this one and today I finally heard the heartbeat for a solid 2 minutes managed to record it also and it’s 169bpm. So happy. Can’t wait to see him/her for my scan next Thursday. It’s so nice to have a relief as I literally have zero symptoms now for the last 2/3 weeks.

((I know midwives say don’t use it as ladies sometimes listen to the wrong thing and panic the heartbeat is low then discover it’s there own or can’t find it etc but I’m so use to using it and what to listen for and to know if I don’t find it not to panic they move constantly and can change position))

So I have a home Doppler at home I used with my first son. I found his heart beat at 12 weeks and I loved it.
Been using it for a while with this one and today I finally heard the heartbeat for a solid 2 minutes managed to record it also and it’s 169bpm. So happy. Can’t wait to see him/her for my scan next Thursday. It’s so nice to have a relief as I literally have zero symptoms now for the last 2/3 weeks.

((I know midwives say don’t use it as ladies sometimes listen to the wrong thing and panic the heartbeat is low then discover it’s there own or can’t find it etc but I’m so use to using it and what to listen for and to know if I don’t find it not to panic they move constantly and can change position))

That must have been lovely to hear babies hb today for the first time, priceless! ❤️

The reason midwives don't like the use of home dopplers is because the presence of a hb doesn't always mean everything is okay, but some women presume it does and don't get checked out in hospital instead. I cried tears of relief when the midwife listened in on DD2 and I heard the hb after no movements and thought everything was okay, the CTG revealed different. xx

Attachments

• IMG_3051.jpg
    IMG_3051.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 21
Awe how lovely <3 I can't wait to hear mine! I used my doppler when I turned 9 weeks and caught it for a few seconds but I can't wait until I hear it long enough to record it. Dopplers for me have always been a relief too. Congrats on hearing it!

Aww, that's so lovely you managed to hear the heartbeat <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->