Home from hospital

cuddles314

Proud Mummy to Bobby
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
firstly thanks to jem and Cosmo for updating, and thanks to everyone for your well wishes.
Went to hospital for my 38 week appt, and felt fine. Nurse took my bp (which I've never had problems with) and it was 140/95! She asked another nurse to double check it and it then came out as 144/100! They called the doc, and after approx 10 mins she took it again but it was still 145/90. Also has protein in my urine so they said they'd have to admit me immediately. Honestly it was like proper chaos, the nurses wouldn't let me out of their sight! I think they thought I was going to collapse or something, and they all kept asking me if I felt ok, had any headaches or funny vision. But I told them I felt fine. Rang my Mum, then went round to ward.
Once there they put me on CTG, and that was when they'd detected an irregularity in bubs heartbeat. They said it could be nothing to worry about, (how could I not worry?!) and that bubs would have a scan once born, to be on the safe side. It was horible listening to it keep missing a beat, and I was really scared.
They monitored me throughout the night, and monitored bubs again this morning. Trace was good, and although irregular beat was still there, it was not as frequent. However, after discussing with the consultants, I have decided that it's just not worth the risk of going through a potentially very long and difficult labour, which due to size of bubs, is likely to end in assisted delivery and/or emergency section, as bubs could become distressed, and until we know exactly what is wrong with his/her heart, is not the most sensible option. Added to my bp fluctuating, and increased pain, they have agreed to give me an elective section next Thursday, 23rd october.
So it's not what I originally hoped for, but after taking everything into acccount, I feel that it's best for my baby. Am excited that I will get to meet him/her in a week! But also quite scared about the whole thing.
Also have to say that all the midwifes and doctors I saw were fantastic, and really tried hard to make me feel as comfortable as possible. So many of them were saying they can't wait to see how big bubs is, and wishing me loads of luck for next week. I reckon they've started a sweepstake for guess the weight/sex of bubs! lol
xxx

That is positive.. I know you may not have wanted it to go that way but like you said, whatever's best for the little tyke eh?! Good luck sweetie. xx

think you have made a very wise decision hon, nothing to be scared about you will be in good hands and holding your baby this time next week:happydance:

get plenty of rest till then:hugs:

Have to do what's best for you both :hug: Only one more week and you get to meet your LO!

next week you will be holding your LO in your arms how exciting=)

Good luck for Thursday! I'm sure you will find it is the best decision and not long now until you meet your LO!

Great news hun at least you can relax a bit knowing that you will be holding your baby next week :D xxx How exciting

Well done on making such a difficult decision. sounds like it's the right one!
Good luck hun x x

So glad you're back! You've made the right decision in my opinion and how exciting that you get to see bubs next thurs!!!! x

:hugs: good luck for the section. Elective sections are supposedly more relaxed as you have time to prepare and get enough sleep etc before it all happens. The recovery is painful but you will get through it. Like you say, its the best way to safely deliver your baby. Best of luck

xx

Good Luck for next thursday! You get to meet your LO in one week :D

I think you made the right desicion! :hugs:

Hi Hun.So Pleased everything is ok and WOW what a weight.It must be daunting havin a C-Section but at least it's fairly simply and you wont be so exhausted after.Well it looks like you'll be beating me as I was hoping for 23rd but looks like it'll be 25th ish.So exciting though.Everyone is getting their baby's out early.Wishing you all the best hun and sending you and huge bump ha ha loads of hugs xxxx

Wise choice hon, glad things are ok.

Good luck for next week x x

Glad your back and in one piece hun :hugs:

Good luck for next thursday!!

Think its prob the best decision for you both-and at least you know when you get to meet LO. Good luck for thursday! x

I think its a great outcome hun, not only do you get to meet LO next week (!!!) but you don't have to worry about the delivery and the size of bubba! Keep resting till then!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->