Home Hypnobirth?

EmyDra

Triple boy mama
Reaction score
Who has had a hypnobirth? How did you find it and how did you do it? Group Sessions/home sessions/cd etc?

I did a home birth with my youngest and I read the hypnobirthing book - in all honesty I probably didn't stick to it as well as I could have because most things went out the window once I hit transition lol. In saying that, I had an amazing birth!
But with this baby I'm determined to get the hypnobirthing part right! I'm starting early and making sure I have all the right support around me :)
Best of luck :flower:

Oh and I did it via the book and CD :)

I practiced natal hypnotherapy for my home birth. It was wonderful and one of the best things I could have done (besides just choosing to have a home birth). You can read my birth story. The link is in my signature below.

I personally don't think the classes are necessary, if you commit to practicing regularly and reading the book. I didn't feel like I walked away from the class having learned anything new that I didn't already know. There were some practice sessions during the day, which I think were helpful for dad's to practice and understand what hypnotherapy was (again, which they could have done by reading the book as well, but some people learn better by doing). I thought the only really beneficial thing about the class was for boosting confidence, particularly in partners, in what it actually means to practice hypnotherapy - that it's not something you consciously 'do' on the day. It's something you practice in advance and then your body just instinctively 'does' in labour without you having to do anything to make it work because it's subconscious. I think the class was useful for explaining that, though again it's in the book. It's really more about if you have the money to spend on it.

But the experience itself was wonderful and I can't recommend it more highly. The only pain relief I used other than natal hypnotherapy was a TENS machine. I didn't need gas and air and I didn't really use my birth pool. I was so relaxed and calm (and quiet) that the midwives actually didn't even believe I was in labour and almost left, until they realised that actually my contractions were really close together. They asked to check my cervix (which I didn't want and wouldn't recommend, the only really painful bit about my birth!) and I was fully dilated. They suddenly started to unpack their cars in a hurry! So really can't recommend natal hypnotherapy enough. I plan to have a home birth next time as well and will practice it again then.

I've decided to decline all examinations this time, last time I was checked a couple of times and it gave no good indication of how close I was to birth or really anything else! I arrived at hospital 3cm and within an hour and a half he was born!

I am having private sessions in my home with a birth hypnotherapist but will get bits to read inbetween and CD etc, essentially I came by an opportunity to get them for free and was lucky enough that I got them.

Really excited to hear of such positive experiences. I just want a really calm, intimate birth as I think it's my last.

I had a home hypnobirth with DS and loved it so much I trained as a clinical hypnotherapist! My birth story is in my signature. I did a cd and book, and this time I'm writing and recording my own tailor-made for myself.

CD is good if you commit to regular practice. Where seeing a hypnotherapist is a good idea is if you perhaps have issues/fears (e.g. from a previous birth) that need addressing, or if you are struggling to go into a hypnotic state (some people find it easier than others, and it is a skill that is easier to learn from a person rather than a book, like most skills).

Hi, We have had 2 hypnobaby births in our family. Mercy hospital- St Louis has a great instructor-Heather C., Also, April Woolard is superb! Both have gentle, but upbeat personalities. One of the classes was at Mercy with Heather, and one was a home study, followed up with Instructor April. I can not say enough great things about hypnobabies! I am a doula who has mostly used Lamaze- and still love it, but 6 months ago started using hypnobabies, as well. WONDERFUL birthing experiences! Very calm, serene, quiet birthing. Youtube has some great videos on hypnobabies- not to be confused with hypnobirth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->