Home made Baby Food?

Sweetie

DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!
Reaction score
Does anyone make their own baby food? I made and jarred puree'd roasted pumpkin tonight and started thinking about doing some other veggies

I do. :)

Ive got avocados, sweet potatoes and bananas right now.

yeah, we only have jars when we go out!

I've cooked potatoe, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, minced meat, chicken with butternut sqash and koreander, sweet potatoe with spinach, small pasta shaepes with tomato and basil, small pasta shapes with tomatoe and broccoli, carrot with lentils...

there and then, I have a look in Anabels Karmel baby food planner which I find really great :)

Ive only done bananas , carrots , cauliflower, apples ..

Ill have to try out some other ones soon

I make carrots, cauliflower, suede, apples, pears, avacado, bananas and some puddings too! I make job lots in isecube trays and pop them out into freezer bags. Tom loves them! Cant freeze avacado or bananas tho.

I LOVE Anabel Karmel's book!

I love making baby food! I do lots all at once and freeze portions too. My favourite is chicken, butternut squash, carrot and broccoli...I could quite happily eat it myself :rofl:

Avocado and banana is nice and easy too as you don't need to cook anything but you can't freeze portions.

Getting hungry now waiting for curry to arrive :yipee:

[Edit...sorry Emma - didn't mean to just repeat what you said...I'm half asleep tonight :rofl:] x

Will have to look into that cookbook. You all have some great ideas. Good to know that I can't freeze the avacado and the bananas. How do your little ones do with the herbs when you add them? I know not to add salt and fat though.

I haven't added herbs and things to Sam's yet - only because he seems quite happy with bits of meat and veg without any. Will let you know when I do thought - I like mickey's pasta with tomato and basil idea :D

I've got Annabel Karmel's Feeding Your Baby and Toddler (think that's what it's called...something like that anyway) and it's great because it shows you pictures of what things should look like (in terms of consistency etc. I mean) x

i have only just started the very basic ingrediants, no herbs or meat or spice or sugar yet!

Now I think about it, the way Sam was tucking into my chicken wrap when I looked away for a second last week I don't think he'll have any problems with herbs - haven't found anything that he won't eat yet (takes after me :rofl:) x

That is awesome that so far he isn't picky. I hope I get lucky with Brooklynn and she will try everything like her dad and 1/2 brother. We had him (older bro) eating escargot last year and he even asked for seconds on brussel sprouts!

I've made organic pears, carrots, sweet potatos, peaches and bananas so far. Bananas dont freeze well at all, so I gave up on them and just get the organic ones in a jar till shes big enough to eat them fresh.

I do. I've made (all organic) sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, pears, apple sauce, asparagus, nectarines, peaches, squash, I'm going to do some pumpkin in the next little bit. BTW, you can freeze bananas if you freeze them whole and wrap them in plastic wrap. I eat them as a treat, they taste like ice cream. We have an avocado tree so I just feed those to her fresh.

Can you not freeze bananas just because of the consistency? My book on weaning from my pediatricians office says that you can freeze them, but they might change color. It says that it doesn't change the fruit, and is ok to give LO.

I make tons of different fruits and veggies for Erica, and like you ladies just put them in ice cube trays and put them in separate labeled freezer bags. I even make different shaped ones, thats really just for my benefit tho lol... :blush:

Yah I was gonna say you can freeze avocados and bananas, they just might look dark and brown when they eat it. It doesn't change the nutritional value, nor the taste.

Since we are in the north, I have to buy and stock up on seasonal fruits/veggies! :)

That is awesome that so far he isn't picky. I hope I get lucky with Brooklynn and she will try everything like her dad and 1/2 brother. We had him (older bro) eating escargot last year and he even asked for seconds on brussel sprouts!

Now that is impressive! I hope Sam still wants veggies once he's tasted more exciting things :laugh2: x

Thanks for the banana freezing advice :D I'm sure Sam won't care about the colour changing and I knew they'd still be ok to eat but thought the consistency would be completely different. Good to know :) x

We're planning on only making our own baby food, no jars at all. My mum said all she'd do is liquidise (when we were little) what ever she was having, then when we got bigger, just chop it up instead.

Yah I was gonna say you can freeze avocados and bananas, they just might look dark and brown when they eat it. It doesn't change the nutritional value, nor the taste.

I dunno if its an organic thing, but I found the bananas to be much sweeter once they're frozen. Keira didnt care for them either and she looooves bananas...and the asthetics of the brown coloring left me feeling as if I was feeding the poor child the contents of her diaper..:rofl:

I dunno if its an organic thing, but I found the bananas to be much sweeter once they're frozen. Keira didnt care for them either and she looooves bananas...and the asthetics of the brown coloring left me feeling as if I was feeding the poor child the contents of her diaper..:rofl:

:rofl: Nearly spat my tea all over a sleeping Sam when I read that :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->