Home made meal

mummylove

Reaction score
Its my 30th birthday tomorrow and we was going to go for a meal but we cant really afford it. So i was thinking i would cook a home made meal, something different. I will cook cus my oh sucks at home made cooking lol.
I was jsut wondering of a nice meal u would cook for celebrations. Something different from the old casserole, shepards pie etc.

Thanks in advance

Happy birthday!

- Stirfry with veggie fried rice or steamed rice.
- Stroganoff with rice or mashed potato/ fries
- chicken breasts stuffed with spinach & cheese with sauce & baked/ jacket potato with avocado or palmetto salad

I like steak for a celebratory meal at home maybe with a nice sauce on the side?

I like steak also or hunters chicken x

Minted lamb shanks can get them 2 for £5 in aldi with mash/roast potatoes veg

Steak with garlic and chive butter

BBQ pulled pork, cheap pork shoulder joint slow cook and shred gorgeous

Good old roast dinner

Happy birthday for tomorrow :).
How about risotto (I like butternut squash or pea and parmesan)? You can make it a bit special but you won't spend all day cooking (which I wouldn't want to do on my birthday!)

Chinese style chicken, sweetcorn & noodle soup for starter.

Thai Green Curry for main.

Chicken stuffed with cheese wrapped in bacon sat on mash potato and wilted spinach. Delicious but really easy to cook

And some Gu Chocolate pots for afters!
Alternatively you could get a Marks & Spencers meal deal?

Steak, thick cut chips, peppercorn sauce and a bottle of wine:happydance:

But honestly if I was celebrating my birthday at home I'd order a takeaway as I couldn't be bothered faffing about with cooking.

Happy birthday for tomorrow, have a great time whatever you decide to do x

I made this for valentines and it was delish. Really simple and didn't take too much time to prep either. I served it with some warm crusty bread :)

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1974662/sea-bass-and-seafood-italian-onepot

Thanks all some good ideas there. Gonna have to steal them all and put them on my lists for other days to lol

I made this for valentines and it was delish. Really simple and didn't take too much time to prep either. I served it with some warm crusty bread :)

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1974662/sea-bass-and-seafood-italian-onepot

Mmm that looks amazing! I'm going to have to bookmark that & try making it myself! :) All the things I was going to say have already been said but I'm loving reading all the other ideas :) xx

We would have a good steak or a nice peace of fish, greek salad and new potatoes

Steak, greek tomato salad, grilled asparagus

Shrimp and asparagus Risotto

Stroganoff over rice, or egg noodles

Grilled Bruschetta Chicken, grilled veggies tossed in a little olive oil and seasoning

Gonna make this

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/230615/creamy-ham-leek-and-mushroom-spaghetti

Happy birthday x

Even though you say you're low on funds, splurge a bit and get a couple of really nice steaks, pair them with a baked potato and some sauteed veggies of choice. Top it off with a decent bottle of wine - and by decent I mean something you enjoy, not by price.

Having to budget myself, steak is definitely not a regular thing in our house, so it'd definitely be a nice treat if it was my birthday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->