Home Water Birth

DaisyvonStarr

Reaction score
Hi Ladies I posted about this in second trimester as I did not even realise there was a section for this! :dohh:

I am just wondering about peoples opinions and experiances if any with home/water birth.

I am seriously considering but I feel like I shouldn't be.

This is my first child and I know hospital from home transfer rates are high with first time births but this is only mainly because of pain relief issues.

Any help/advice would be great and any opinions on if you think i am bonkers for considering this! LOl:wacko:

x

If you have a read through this board you'll find lots of threads that will help you :winkwink:

I am hoping to be lucky enough to experience a home water birth this time around, but haven't had any experience of that yet.
Why do you feel you can't even consider a homebirth for your first birth?

I am hoping to be lucky enough to experience a home water birth this time around, but haven't had any experience of that yet.
Why do you feel you can't even consider a homebirth for your first birth?

I am just worried that people would persuade me not to.

There still seems to be a stigma stuck aorund home birthing still..

Just popped to this section for some advice really....:shrug:

That's their issue not yours hun :winkwink: If you want it then you are entitled to go for it!! YOUR body, YOUR baby, YOUR birth! x

Other methods of application, such as home birth and water birth are becoming more common every year. If you decide to give birth in the comfort of your own home or while working in the weightlessness of hot water, having the right information is essential for your safety and success.

Thanks for your help guys, I have the midwife again in two weeks so I am definately going to get some more info on it from her

xx

Hi Daisy,

you might 've already been recommended to it, but there's a website 'www.homebirth.org' which has loads of information and some great homebirth stories including first-timers and all sorts :) there's also a really good thread on here called 'homebirthers and hopefuls' which is massive but great reading of different peoples stories of planning and achieving homebirths and there's always someone ready to offer advice :)

I'm considering a home/possibly water birth too, good luck with whatever choice you make xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->