HomeBirth Story from A Childs Perspective.

kiwimama

Soon to be family of 4!
Reaction score
I thought I would share this story I just read that is written by an 8 year old girl. I thought the best bit was right at the end when she said that one day when she has a baby she is going to have it at home which is really lovely. :cloud9: From what I have read, the majority of people who have had or attended a homebirth never want to go and do it in hospital.

The Day my Cousin was born - By Celina aged 7yrs, 11 months and 3 weeks.

On the 25th of October me, Mum & Shaun had to get up at 1 o’clock in the morning because Aunty Erin was having her baby. We had to come because my Mum is her midwife and my Dad was on school camp with my brother Dylan so he couldn’t look after us and neither could my Gran because she was helping Aunty Erin too.

My Aunty lives in Tirau. It took us one hour to get there and when we got there we went to sleep. When I woke up I went down the hallway and I saw Aunty Erin in the lounge. I thought Mum had forgotten to wake us up when the baby was born but then I realised that the baby wasn’t born yet so I went into the kitchen instead and Uncle Kyle cooked us breakfast. We went and sat at the table and waited. I could see Aunty Erin trying to get the baby out. The breakfast was really yummy because Uncle Kyle cooked us hot chips, eggs and bacon which we never normally have for breakfast.

After breakfast I played with my cousins Liam (2) and Daniel (1) and waited for the baby to be born. Aunty Erin was brave cause that would of hurt. She had to wait all night and finally in the morning he was born. When the water broke she screamed more than before. It was noisy. It was loud. Also scary. Arghhhhhh … I was thinking please tell me this is a dream. But after the baby was born I wished that I was Aunty Erin. She had her baby at home just like her other two children and just like when I was born. When he was born it wasn’t just on the couch or something like that, it was in a birth pool. After the baby is out of the water it starts breathing. Once it’s born you can’t put it back under the water because it could die and that would be very sad.

The new babies name is Jayden. When he was born the colour of his skin was pink and he had lots of white stuff on him. Before we went home I got to have a hold of him and he was cuddly.

When I am older I want to have a baby and I want to have it at my own house.

The End

I am not even pg yet but have been stalking this section as I really want a home birth!

Just wanted to say that I saw both my younger brothers being born at home - the first one I was only 3 and a half, so can't remember it very well! But second was born when I was almost thirteen and definitely remember that...it was such an amazing experience, and I feel so bonded to my little brother knowing that I have seen him entering the world. It was such a positive and beautiful experience, which is why I really want to do it myself one day (hopefully soon!).

ahhhhhhh!!! how lovely! my fave bits:

"It was noisy. It was loud. Also scary. Arghhhhhh … I was thinking please tell me this is a dream. But after the baby was born I wished that I was Aunty Erin."

and

"When I am older I want to have a baby and I want to have it at my own house."

I love it!

awww so cute :) makes me miss NZ so much too for some reason hehe x

Aww, I'm glad I've read that.. has put another perspective on me considering asking my children if they want to be at the birth! Bought a tear to my eye too! :haha:

I love the 'it wasn't just on the couch' :haha: i would love to see a homebirth, it would be an amazing experience for a child

Awwwwwww so sweet.

I'm planning for my two kids to be present. They're 5 and 8 years old and both have expressed to me that they want to be there even before I presented it as an option to them. I do however, really want either my mom or my mil to come over and be the one to care for my kids when I'm in labour. I don't want myself or hubby to have to still care for them while I'm in labour if that makes sense. And I think that for the labour itself I want to be alone with hubby and or whoever is the best at double hip squeezes and sacral pressure... Once I'm pushing though that's when I want my kids there. That's the exciting bit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->