Homemade Christmas?

i tried to make hampers last year but it worked out too expensive with the wicker hamper baskets........ need to find a cheap option!! lol

home bargins are doing a great thing atm its plain canvas with fabric paint and you can do little ones hands and give them as gifts to grandparents they looked really good and only £2.99

For knitters, a book I love is Handknit Holidays by Melanie Falick.
Lots of fun projects in there!
https://www.amazon.ca/Handknit-Holi...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1283257633&sr=1-1

:wave: Hey, I am I am!

I'm intending to make hat and scalfs for certain family memebers, draw some manga pictures of my nephews as they wanted me to do that for ages, paint a 'cool art' version of my OH's BMW for him and I am also going to be making some super yummy cookies :D I am starting with it all tomorrow!

Want to make some cards up too.

Only prob is cookie packaging!

i can knit but can't cast off so not going to knit anything lol.... but gonna start making things soon :D

I'm using a loom thingy, I was given a hat and scalf making kit the other year and am finally putting it to good use! Can't knitt to save my life!

i can knit but can't cast off so not going to knit anything lol.... but gonna start making things soon :D

There are videos of every knitting technique and stitch on youtube ;) Its the only reason I can knit! lol

All the kids In our family are getting knitted teddies I have decided, boys get bear and girls get rabbits :) xx

I usually do some homemade items.

Last year I did shortbread for the inlaws. put it in a pretty basket with some wine :wine:

This year,so far I've done a Brooch for MIL, and plan on doing a knitting needle roll for mum. prob more to add to that too.

sounds nice shortbread always a good ideas :D

Someone asked about cookie packaging earlier?
Sainsbury's do "cupcake gift bags" (little cellophane bags with bows) that you could fit a stack of cookies in too. :thumbup:

Someone asked about cookie packaging earlier?
Sainsbury's do "cupcake gift bags" (little cellophane bags with bows) that you could fit a stack of cookies in too. :thumbup:

Me :D Thank you :flower:

i get mine from either flower shops, gift shops or you can get big rolls of it in hobbycraft usually get it pretty cheap i get mine for less than 50p a metre in card/gift shops and can get a big roll usually about 5+metres for about £2-£3 depending on design

i've gotten wrap on ebay before too. cheapest if you don't mind waiting on it coming from hong kong or somewhere :thumbup:

yeah true, ebay is good i am a terrible one for wanting to see something before buying lol

I'm making the OH a Marc Bolan desk doll, OH is a huge T-Rex fan...it's about a foot long in length...sewn in all the hair....sewing in curly wool was a nightmare and all it needs now is clothes (shiny silvery jacket, shirt, jeans and shoes...and then a face that actually looks like Marc Bolan)

No idea what to make for anyone else....can't make things like bathsalts for my Mum, we don't have a bath, we only have a shower :/ But I'm feeling inspired from reading this thread

How did all these handmade Christmases work out? I'm wanting to do something more personal and creative this year but am not sure what to do.

There are some great ideas here and I'd love to know how things went for you all, if you had enough time to get it all done etc and how well received the presents were.

Ressurecting an old thread! :blush: Midnight Fairy - you said you'd made bath salts or scrubs... where did you find your "recipes" ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"