Homemade Christmas?

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
Anyone planning to make their gifts this year? What have you got planned?

I am hopefully but unsure of what to make yet! was going to make jams and chutneys and put them in pretty jars, and maybe try soap and bathbombs this year :shrug:

Im going to try buying some jelly rolls & making some patchwork gifts. Maybe some photo frames or something, because my brother is doing some professional shots of Seth for us :)

I would like to do more just not sure how much time I will have with working & stuff :(
x

I'm gonna make truffles and millionaire's shortbread and I think brownies (love the sweet stuff, so I've got good at doing these!). I might make some chutney as well as I've got a tonne of apples to use up. I dunno though, my last attempt at chutney was more like jam. (I draw the line at tomato and onion jam..)

I made some casts of Lana's feet for my parents and in-laws - they turned out so well, I wish I would have waited til Christmas to give them.. :)

I tried truffles last year but they were horrid! Might need a better recipe or something?

Okay I've decided I'm def going to do soap, salt scrub and bathbombs and maybe some truffles for the ladies. I dont have many men to buy for anyway! Just my OH, dad, FIL and my brothers :shrug: I dont think theyd appreciate handmade soap.

so ladies, what sort of soaps do you like? smells?

:hi:

last year i made collages of my son for both sets of grandparents and got them printed out big in which i made my own wooden frames to case them...turned out fab hardly spent anything and they loved them.... i used photoshop to do the pictures :)

i also made my own cards which is always fun to do.

its such a great idea and much more appriciated i feel.

I do like the idea of soap and bath bombs how would you go about that??

I probably will for a few friends and family. I tend to do baked goods (cookies and treats) and last year I also made a Mexican hot cocoa that I found a recipe for online :)

Well I've looked it up and it seems pretty easy.

https://www.teachsoap.com/bombs.html

found this website very informative!

and heres a website that sells the stuff u need to give you an idea of price.

https://www.justasoap.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=23

my mum recently bought a small bar of cinnamon soap from a farmers market and it was a whopping £8!

Omg thats alot!! Lol

Thanks for links gonna check them out i really like the idea of it now actually

What else is there present wise u reckon?

candles?

something i read off another forum is making themed hampers for presents. For example, a cinema box could have some dvds, popcorn, a bottle of pop etc, a beauty box could have nice soaps, face masks, you could make a retro sweeties jar? Loads of things you can do with a bit of imagination :D

hamper ideas here - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=314238

i made a dog walkers one for my mum last year. it had a scarf and gloves, poop scoop and poop bags lol, packages of hot chocolates, and her main present - an ipod and itunes giftcard. we hid it under all the other stuff so she was shocked lol

awww how cool is that!...i bet she was surprised lol

I'm really gonna start looking into different ideas for people now

Ive had a wee think and you know salt dough, u can bake it and make it hard paint and varnish so im thinking of making a few wee bits....like room door sign/names, photo frames, animal ornaments and such like..

cute! Im not creative enough for stuff like that tbh, wish i was :(

Yes!!! i'm doing a home made Christmas this year :D gives me something to do when im on maternity leave and we dont have much money with LO being born 3 days after Christmas.

I was thinking of making candles but also for my mum, dad and brothers, making a DVD from our old family videos :D

Blah11 - honestly im not fantastic either but you would be surprised how easy it is(and fun), very simple to make aswell, just plain flour(so not rising lol) salt and warm water..and mix :)

pinkemily - the dvd sounds like a fab idea!!

ohhhhhh i love making bath bombs and soap
but if you have an asian supermarket near you you can get the ingrediants cheaper! :D xx

oh really? i do have a few near me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->