homemade liners

purpledahlia

Mummy
Reaction score
can you make them? to go in instead of the disposable thin liners? to catch the poop more, and if you can.. what out of? how?

I use old fleece blankets for ours and just cut a strip out, i now make the front and back a tiny bit wider that the middle so more like an hour glass shap bit i still use the ones i made at the begining.

I just bought some fleece from our local material shop. Cut it into hourglass shapes from a template my local baby shop gave me. I'd be happy to send you one for you to use as a template, then you can just decide how much material to buy :D

oh so like an old sheet or something? i got given some fleeexy sheets which i wont be using on hre cot so i cud use them??

I bought colourful fleece liners from ebay as I didn't want the poop to stain the nappies :lol:

Could have made them myself by the looks of them... just an hourglass cut out piece of fleece. Lovely and soft though!

I bought colourful fleece liners from ebay as I didn't want the poop to stain the nappies :lol:

Could have made them myself by the looks of them... just an hourglass cut out piece of fleece. Lovely and soft though!

I was using fleece liners today I made :sick: I had to chuck the poopey one it was RANK :rofl: she usually poops at around the same time everyday so i might start using disposable liners around that time cause the last 3 poo's have been HORRID :haha: x

i am finding the poops going thru the disposable liners thats why, its going onto the nappy pretty much all over so id rather have a stash of cheap homemade ones that i can throw if needed or rinsed and washed, the disposables are a bit crap imo

I might try using a sposie one over a fleece one then... maybe that will work! Luckaly she's been in bamboozles every time she's pooped so it doesn't really matter if they stain ! x

think disposable liners wil be better when the poops not so liquidy and mushy.. lol.

Yeah I'm having the same problem with disposable liners...think they only work when poos are solid. I just put Ryan in his new blueberry and he pooed all over it...so typical x

I just use fleece blankets cut into rectangles. I don't bother with hour glass shapes cos I'm too lazy and I don't find it makes much difference, though it will probably depend on the nappies you're using and where the poo tends to go! I often find with fleece that it's cheaper to buy a blanket than to buy it by the metre from a fabric shop. Sainsbury's have some nice fleece blankets at the moment that are £3-4 each. Matalan is good for them too.

<---- has plenty of poopy liners today if you want a look!!!

think I'll try making some tomorrow as ive got loads of fleece blankets!

Vommm...

I mean the attempt at making liners. I want to try after buying from ebay, feel like I've wasted pennies now.

i saw the ones on ebay and thought they looked fairly simple to make.

pos a weird idea but surely u could use a sanitary towel/panty liner as a template....becoz they have that hour glass shape to them.

also don't know if any of u have a 99p shop near u but they currently have kids fleece blankets (for 99p obviously! lol)

good luck making some x

Lol, i have some old fleece sheets/blankets i got given which i was gonna put in the charity shop so will use them. We're just up and i think gonna walk up to the shop for a nice roll for lunch and then HV coming at 3 after that i will sit down and try this!

I suppose you could use a pantyliner as a template!

Just a question tho, will the ends fray? do you sew them or is it ok cos its fleece?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->