Hook effect good ? No hook effect bad ?

AdriansMama

Mama to 3 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
View attachment 896733
So I'm almost 8 weeks . I had read so much about the hook effect that I thought it would be a great idea to test it out. I bought 2 dollar store tests and took this one on about 2 hour hold. Much to my dismay the line is significantly darker than the control ! (How silly does that even sound) so many people have faint lines by now and need to dilute their urine so now I'm worried that my line is too dark and should be lighter :haha:

Congrats! Dont worry my line was darker than the control too! <3

When I had my mmc I tried the hook effect by diluting my urine with 50% urine and 50% water. The result was (because my hormones weren't going up) the line stayed exactly as dark as it was before I diluted my urine. The fact that yours changed is a good sign so I wouldn't worry about it. Congrats btw!

I'd say cheap tests aren't good for hook effect testing!!! Be glad your line was much darker than control!! For cheap dollar store tests that's good!!!

My first pregnancy I bled a ton the first weeks of my pregnancy (I lost a twin sack, so my body treated it as a miscarriage and didn't know how to stop bleeding apparently). I took tests, many, many tests, daily. Mine always stayed darker than the control line no hook effect for me and I kept testing until week 11 or 12 (as long as I bled). It was out of fear, but I ended up with a healthy, thriving, beautiful baby boy. This time I stopped testing after my first three positive tests (I didn't believe the first two, lol). That has saved me my sanity, my time, and my money. My best advice is not to put too much pressure on yourself and to just enjoy your pregnancy. It is hard because of all the anxiety, but it will save your sanity!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->