Hopeless... Need some positive BFP stories

SparkleSpark

Reaction score
Hi All,

we have been TTC baby #1 since over 6months now and I have a feeling that this is just not going to happen... I just feel so hopeless, I don't understand why this is not happening! My friend just got married and got pregnant the first month trying... I'm happy for her but deep inside it made me feel so sad because I keep thinking that something is wrong with us... we have been using OPK's, temping, etc and I know for sure that I'm ovulating. (Not every month, but every other month)

Anyways, it would give me some hope to hear some BFP stories of some of you who have been TTC over a longer period of time and finally got their BFP.
Right now, I just feel like I'm the outcast since everyone around me gets pregnant like it's nothing... :(

Thanks so much!!

Sparkle,

I understand exactly how you feel. Every single one of my friends fell pregnant after 1 or 2 months of trying. By the time month 8 came around I broke down in tears at work once. I think venting helped me to relax a bit. I didn't even want to try month 9 because it would mean if we had a baby they would be due around Xmas. But we decided, what if we were went to have a baby that cycle. So we continued trying, temping, using OPKs as usual. I didn't stress about it like I usually did. Only a few days after I ovulated, my husband and I had a good feeling about it. Sure enough I tested at 11DPO and had a positive of a FRER and a Cb Digi.

So keep your head up. It will happen. :flower:

Good story Kristeeny1!

I haven't had my BFP yet but my sister in law and my brother tried for 18 months before they got their BFP. They kept it all natural. They were worried and told the family a few times they might go get checked out somewhere but they never did. According to my brother they did a lot of BDing haha. My sister inlaw says she would try to hang upside down afterwards HAHA. She's silly though so who knows if thats true! But it did happen for them! They gave our family an adorable little granddaughter/niece! Whom I loooooove very much!

Thank you ladies for your positive stories, this already made me feel much better! :)

Kristeeny, I broke down at work too, locked myself in the bathroom and just started crying... it's just so discouraging to watch it happening for everybody else so easily. Thanks for your story, I'm happy to hear that you finally got your BFP after 9months! This really gives me courage not to give up! :)

I finally got my bfp after 10 months of trying. Like you I was feeling like it would never happen. I stopped using opk's and just bd as much as possible :) I started focusing on other things like losing weight. And when my af was late I didn't really think I was just thought I was having another off cycle. But amazingly I got my bfp at two weeks after af was due!
Sending lots of :dust:

We were not trying for a long time, then actively tried for 7 months before we got our bfp. Apparently (according to doctors) a year is average for TTC. It's a long time, I know! We used pre-seed, softcups and the month before we got our BFP, hubby started taking Zinc along with his normal multivitamin to help sperm motility. I was also using opk's to target ovulation. We also used the SMEP plan.

One of my good friends tried for 2 years before she got her BFP. Turns out she had low progesterone from being on birth control for years. I know she ended up taking Vitex to help regulate her cycles.

Hang in there! I know it's frustrating! Especially when all of a sudden it seems facebook is full of scan pictures, BFP announcements, pregger pics, etc... Just keep trying!

hi girls!!!
I was just about to write my own thread of feeling depressed and down..
I've just started AF a few days ago.. and it really kicked me in the gut this time and makes me want to throw in the towel for good..
managed to BD the right times and frequency this cycle (which usually is a huge stress as we dont really BD often) and honestly thought I'd caught the egg this time!! but alas AF came...

struggling with my relationship with DH and yet really feel like its my time to be a mother.. but have not had any success..
all the girls around me are getting pregnant at the drop of a hat
and Im left feeling like a fool and feeling sorry for myself...

hang in there girls... we'll all eventually get there
x

I remember being so surprised the first month that DH and I really did everything right and not getting pregnant. I was really pretty sad and I was shocked at how sad I really got. I didn't even realize my expectations were high!

Wow Rhiannon, what a great story!! Congrats on your BFP, I hope I will see these lovely two pink lines on your profile pic on one of my tests one day! I'm so tired of seeing snowwhite BFN's... I think I won't use OPK's next cycle either, it's just putting too much pressure when you get that positive test and then feeling like you MUST BD on time! Pressure is definitely not a good thing.

Kalyrra - your story gives me hope too! Thank you so much for sharing! I will try to have DH take multivitamins and zinc too, doesn't hurt. He finally agreed to support. Seeing that already 6 months went by and nothing happend made him finally realize that it's just not that easy as we thought. So hopefully he will at least do his part to improve his sperm count and motility.

Bubblebelly - I know exactly how you feel! TTC puts a lot of stress on a couple... every time I get a BFN and AF shows her face, I'm getting so depressed that me and DH start to argue for no reason. It just makes me so sad and sometimes I even start thinking that it's his fault that this is not happening. I know I'm wrong for that... we don't even know if there IS anything wrong but you just start to question things... For how long have you've been trying?

Jessthemess - story of my life! lol It really IS frustrating trying everything possible every month and then it's still not happening! It's like - what else are we supposed to do, we tried almost everything! Softcups, Preseed, OPK's, temping, doing a handstand after BD, you NAME it! And still - nothing! lol

Anyways, thanks for the encouragement ladies, keep the BFP stories coming! Really gives me lots of hope! :hugs:

Took us 3 years!!! But we got there in the end. Felt like it was never going to happen!!!

Hi all...I had promised myself that if it works for me.I would post it so that others can benefit frm it..after almost trying for 1 year without a bfp..I finally resorted to castor oil packs and after just applying it two times.I got a bfp..yay..god is great..I am currently 12 weeks pregnany..hoping it works fr you too..best of luck:)

Took me 3 years of trying for #1, 13 months for #2. Don't give up :) it will happen x

OMG congrats on your BFP DonnaRobinson!!! I remember we wrote a couple of times when you were still trying for #2! That's awesome that you finally got it after 13 months! Gives me a lot of hope! Wishing you happy and healthy nine months! :)

Bonny - I've never heard about Castor Oil but I will definitely look into it! I saw some instructions on Youtube on how to make it so why not give it a shot. Did you apply the packs around ovulation time?

We tried for 9 months first time, but lost her at 12w to a neural tube defect. We then conceived Munchkin two cycles later (first cycle trying)! After a 3 year break we were NTNP this month and got a BFP first time (it's a chemical though, got BFN today after fading lines) But just goes to show it's so unpredictable.
It's really hard seeing everyone else falling pregnant, especially when you're TTC#1, I know :hugs: but remember it's totally normal to take up to 12 cycles. If you're ovulating and shagging on the right days it's only a matter of time :kiss:

Tried to conceive for 15months here :wave: i can totally relate to how you feel. It was depressing and i cried in dh's shoulder many times feelling like a failure. He was always so comforting and told me we were still a family with or without kids :D

So i didn't give up opk'ing or trying diff things..i've tried alot! Mucinex, softcups,geritol, presseed, robitussin, i'm sure there is some i'm forgetting.

But we just continued pushing on and if it happenend great!
The month that finally worked i made dh hold his load a week before the pos. Opk and i also orgasmed after the army men were implanted :haha: finally worked.
i got my bfp the day after my infertility appt.

#2 was sooo easy. first month ntnp bam bfp! I've heard sometimes the 2nd ones come muh easier.

I really hope you get your bfp soon! I was in your shoes before and i know how you feel :hugs: dont give up! Just have fun with it, try not to stress. It'll come when u least expecct it.

Tulip - thanks for sharing your story, chemicals must be so heartbreaking! I can only imagine how exciting it must be to see that pink line but it then starting to fade must be devastating! I'm glad you're staying positive and strong, I'm crossing my fingers for you that you'll get your sticky baby soon! And hey, at least you know you're able to get preggers which is a good thing! :flow:

Armywife - wow 15 months! I'm starting to feel a lot better, my 6 months don't seem to be that bad anymore! Good to know that I still have some time before I should start worrying about it. How ironic that you got your BFP right after your infertility appointment! :eek:

Yes, it is really hard when everybody around you falls pregant so easily. And then they ask you that stupid question of "when are you finally going to have kids"! :growlmad:

Tulip - thanks for sharing your story, chemicals must be so heartbreaking! I can only imagine how exciting it must be to see that pink line but it then starting to fade must be devastating! I'm glad you're staying positive and strong, I'm crossing my fingers for you that you'll get your sticky baby soon! And hey, at least you know you're able to get preggers which is a good thing! :flow:

Armywife - wow 15 months! I'm starting to feel a lot better, my 6 months don't seem to be that bad anymore! Good to know that I still have some time before I should start worrying about it. How ironic that you got your BFP right after your infertility appointment! :eek:

Yes, it is really hard when everybody around you falls pregant so easily. And then they ask you that stupid question of "when are you finally going to have kids"! :growlmad:

I know :dohh: i made the mistake of telling family we were trying, worst mistake ever. I hated being asked all the time and given advice .. and it's hard whhen your bum siblings who have kids, lost custody of them and don't care for them whatsoever!,,

The month that finally worked i made dh hold his load a week before the pos. Opk and i also orgasmed after the army men were implanted :haha: finally worked.

Question! Were DH's sperm healthy and you did this anyway?

I'm asking because my DH, Alex, had a really good sperm analysis, like twice the number of sperm as normal, but he didn't ejaculate for three days prior. My OBGYN said we were fine to BD as much as we wanted. But the last month that I had normal ovulation, which was last December (I haven't had a cycle in like 7 months haha) we did have sex every day, and we used conceive plus and we were taking vitamins, and I orgasmed (I read it makes your cm more alkaline and better for sperm) and I confirmed ovulation with BBT and OPKs, and we did NOT get pregnant.

After reading your comment, it has got me thinking, that maybe if we didn't BD the week before the days leading up to ovulation that maybe we'd get luckier. Hmm. Like starting BDing two or three days before I think I will ovulate.

Thank goodness there is never a shortage of stuff to try when we are TTC because we'd all go nuts if the only thing we could do was just have sex over and over haha. Our husbands would like it though :winkwink:

Question! Were DH's sperm healthy and you did this anyway?

I'm asking because my DH, Alex, had a really good sperm analysis, like twice the number of sperm as normal, but he didn't ejaculate for three days prior. My OBGYN said we were fine to BD as much as we wanted. But the last month that I had normal ovulation, which was last December (I haven't had a cycle in like 7 months haha) we did have sex every day, and we used conceive plus and we were taking vitamins, and I orgasmed (I read it makes your cm more alkaline and better for sperm) and I confirmed ovulation with BBT and OPKs, and we did NOT get pregnant.

After reading your comment, it has got me thinking, that maybe if we didn't BD the week before the days leading up to ovulation that maybe we'd get luckier. Hmm. Like starting BDing two or three days before I think I will ovulate.

Thank goodness there is never a shortage of stuff to try when we are TTC because we'd all go nuts if the only thing we could do was just have sex over and over haha. Our husbands would like it though :winkwink:

Dh was actually going to give a sample the following week but i got my bfp...so no need! Up until then i never saw a doctor for infertility. I did ovulate each month but my cycles varied between 28-38days.

I had a calender on the wall and tracked every single encounter and tracked when i got my pos opk. Then it occured to me...maybe we are having sex too much. We tried dtd everyday, every other day....the list goes on. But i never had dh refrain from sex and masturbating. So i made him promise me to hold off for a weekk :haha: i knew around what cd the pos opk was coming. So the night before i knew my opk would be positive since i get a fade in paattern...i jumped his bones lol and i just purchased a new toy so i put that in right after and went to town lol :haha:

I'd def try making dh hold. Especially since you said he didn't ejaculate for 3 days prior and it came back twice as normal!

Lots of :dust: and happy bd'ing :sex: :thumbup:

Awesome! I will! Mind you, DH might not like this haha but if it gets us a baby so much the better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->