Hopes & Fears - High Risk Pregnancys

L

littlebuddha

Hello Beautiful Girl,

I have decided to create this sanctuary for those who are pregnant but have a high risk pregnancy.

For those of us who are perhaps bleeding, on complete bedrest or the prognosis for their pregnancy is not looking positive.

:hug:

Many women in this position feel that they do not belong in 1st/2nd/3rd tri as they cannot be open with their symptoms and worries for fear of causing extra distress and upset to the girls in that forum in what should be a happy and exciting time, nor do they feel comfortable in the Loss & Miscarrige forum because these babies are not lost, they may be very poorly or even turn out to be just fine but its incredibly hurtful to have them classed as 'lost' when as far as its known they are alive and growing.

This group can be a middle ground, where you can be totally honest about your condition, and to meet women in the same position so that we can support one another :hugs:

This is a lovely idea littlebuddha
I was in limbo with my pregnancy & a group like this would have helped me a great deal.

:hugs:

This is a great idea! I have HELLP syndrome which is linked to pre eclampsia, had to prem babies due to it but its back now from 20 weeks so desperately trying to get to at least 24.:hugs: to everyone. Amy x

heya, im stuck in limbo at the moment waiting to find out if ive had a mmc, and even if i havnt, i have a form of cerebral palsy and my pregancy will be high risk and there are concerns about my giving birth plus permanant damage to my hips!! gah why cant becoming a mum be easier than this, its a natural thing why does it have to feel so clinical a lot of the tiime?

Glad to see you found a place for this after all. I'm pregnant and high risk due to pcos, asthma, and a heart condition. In addition to the pregnancy symptoms I've experienced so far (sore breasts, hot flashes, mood swings, food cravings, constant nearly painless cramping) I have now added bleeding to the list. I was diagnosed with threatened miscarriage. I'm scared to death right now.

Glad to see you found a place for this after all. I'm pregnant and high risk due to pcos, asthma, and a heart condition. In addition to the pregnancy symptoms I've experienced so far (sore breasts, hot flashes, mood swings, food cravings, constant nearly painless cramping) I have now added bleeding to the list. I was diagnosed with threatened miscarriage. I'm scared to death right now.

Hi there

I am so sorry to hear you are going through such worrying time, I also have had a threatned miscarriage but my baby is still there today at 11 weeks. I also have PCOS as well as hypothyroidism and a subchoirionic hematoma in my uterus oh yeah, and a low lying placenta but bubs and I are still OK.

Lots of positive mental attitude your way honey, I am sure the baby is just fine but you are going through hell of worry now understandably

:friends: big hugs xx

heya, im stuck in limbo at the moment waiting to find out if ive had a mmc, and even if i havnt, i have a form of cerebral palsy and my pregancy will be high risk and there are concerns about my giving birth plus permanant damage to my hips!! gah why cant becoming a mum be easier than this, its a natural thing why does it have to feel so clinical a lot of the tiime?

I read your other thread honey, I am so so sorry for your loss...:cry:

Can i join? Im not pregnant yet,but had my little boy in march and he was stillborn at 36.4 weeks due to placental abruption. So i would be high risk with my next pregnancy too.This is such a lovely idea and hope you have room for one more.:hugs:

Can i join? Im not pregnant yet,but had my little boy in march and he was stillborn at 36.4 weeks due to placental abruption. So i would be high risk with my next pregnancy too.This is such a lovely idea and hope you have room for one more.:hugs:

hi there

I am so sorry for your loss!!

Ofcourse there is room for you honey, come join us!

However, this group is really quiet... so the posting is really slow

big hugs welcome :hugs:

Hello ladies , I'm joining you but i think i should be " medium " risk , Although splashed across my notes says " HIGH " :dohh:

I've only had the one baby so far (preg with no2) but i struggled to carry him & when i got to 29wks i was in hosp with bleeding & prem labour, Steroid injections & some bed rest helped but spd swiftly followed & being told my baby would be around 5lb i was prepared for the fact he would be in NICU , he was born a wk early by inducement & amazing he was 7lb 4oz!! This preg did not go without other ups & downs either.

Now preg with a 2nd, spd keeps teasing me but not made a full blown appearance yet , i've had slight bleeding, been told i have very weak stomach muscles so when i get bigger its poss i may need either complete bed rest or be hospitalised for the remainder of the preg depending how i go & how baby is. I also have an exisiting thyroid condition which is never quite simple anyway & just gets worse during preg so the babies growth is checked quite a bit & so far i'm 15 wks & baby is active but measuring 13wks :(

My next scan is in 5wks (20wk scan) so hoping to see a good growth spurt has happened, then i get another scan around 28wks & again depending on the results will be what happens after that. So although may not sound as serious as some of you ladies there is still the chance i could go in prem labour or have a tiny baby which is enough for me to feel i should join you.

Hope you don't mind my long winded intro & hugs to all you ladies who are high risk & or lost due to previous high risk. :hug:

Hello ladies , I'm joining you but i think i should be " medium " risk , Although splashed across my notes says " HIGH " :dohh:

I've only had the one baby so far (preg with no2) but i struggled to carry him & when i got to 29wks i was in hosp with bleeding & prem labour, Steroid injections & some bed rest helped but spd swiftly followed & being told my baby would be around 5lb i was prepared for the fact he would be in NICU , he was born a wk early by inducement & amazing he was 7lb 4oz!! This preg did not go without other ups & downs either.

Now preg with a 2nd, spd keeps teasing me but not made a full blown appearance yet , i've had slight bleeding, been told i have very weak stomach muscles so when i get bigger its poss i may need either complete bed rest or be hospitalised for the remainder of the preg depending how i go & how baby is. I also have an exisiting thyroid condition which is never quite simple anyway & just gets worse during preg so the babies growth is checked quite a bit & so far i'm 15 wks & baby is active but measuring 13wks :(

My next scan is in 5wks (20wk scan) so hoping to see a good growth spurt has happened, then i get another scan around 28wks & again depending on the results will be what happens after that. So although may not sound as serious as some of you ladies there is still the chance i could go in prem labour or have a tiny baby which is enough for me to feel i should join you.

Hope you don't mind my long winded intro & hugs to all you ladies who are high risk & or lost due to previous high risk. :hug:

:hi: Dizzymoo !!

Welcome to this group, sounds to me that you have a really difficult time with baby no 1, and I really hope that this pregnancy is much easier and worry free.

You can definatelly join us, I just thought you and me are actually a subgroup of "High Risk Pregnancy Insomniacs" lucky us! lol sounds pretty bad doesnt it?? :rofl: :friends:

Hugs x x

Sub group is fine by me , kinda takes the heat off a little eh?
I had endless problems with my 1st & labour wasn't a push over either, they had to resus him as he wasn't getting oxygen but he was fine within minutes & has been fine ever since.
I guess we all have ups & downs i just hope this 2nd preg is more an up than a downer .xx

Sub group is fine by me , kinda takes the heat off a little eh?
I had endless problems with my 1st & labour wasn't a push over either, they had to resus him as he wasn't getting oxygen but he was fine within minutes & has been fine ever since.
I guess we all have ups & downs i just hope this 2nd preg is more an up than a downer .xx

LOL yeah was just jokking - so funny though!

on the other note though, sounds like a really stressful labour, bless him, he did well your little fella.

I am sure this time it will be better, they say the first pregnancy is always tougher

x

Do they? Oh good i'm gonna hang on that sentence & remind meself during labour lol Then if its worse i'll come & hunt you down :rofl:

So long as i get a girl out of this preg i'll cope with whatever she throws at me , If it's a boy i swear i'll put it on fleabay lol

I'm high risk, i had post preeclampsia and post partum cardiomyopathy with my first pregnancy and had an emergency c-section, recovered from post partum cardiomyopathy and had a second pregnancy 3 years later, no probs but v stressful delivered at 37 weeks via c-section under GA.

Now 13 weeks pregnant, unplanned and scared to death, to top it all off just been told I have a subamniotic haematoma which is a blood clot in the baby's side of the placenta - feel like a time bomb, anxiety levels astranomical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->