Hoping 3rd time lucky xx

:) embo you crack me up!!

xallisonx so sorry for your losses hon - fingers crossed this time you'll have a healthy and happy 9 months and beyond x

Bubble I had an anti clotting sticky blood test done after my first mc (I asked the fertility clinic and amazingly they agreed to get it done) and it came back fine so I think thats why asprin hasnt been suggested for me - I hope so anyway! It does seem to make a difference for a lot of ladies - fingers crossed for everyone x

Rowan congrats on your scan today - that's GREAT news!!! Oh I am keeping my fingers crossed that this time will be just perfect!

xallisonx - so sorry for your losses and lots of :dust: for you too!!

Thanks guys. :)

My betas were hcg levels, not progesterone. Sorry, should have specified!

So on Monday at 4:30pm, my hcg was 77 (this was about 13/14 dpo). On Wednesday I had my blood drawn at 3pm, and the result was 149 (14/16dpo). That gives a doubling time of about 48.3 hours (according to an online calculator).

Boo. I wanted a really good, high number. :cry:

I'm not feeling too optimistic. When I had serial hcg draws with my blighted ovum, the levels rose even higher and faster than this. I've read that in early pregnancy hcg doubles faster than every 48 hours when the numbers are this low.

I think I might be looking at miscarriage number five. :cry:

I really hope you're wrong allison. The numbers seem fine to me but I can understand why you're feeling negative. I'm fighting negativity after 2 losses.

AFM I'm sooooo nervous and excited about my scan tomorrow. At the mo it's more excited but I'm sure the nerves will kick in later on or in the morning :/

Thanks, Embo! I hope I'm wrong too. ;)

Good luck at your scan tomorrow! I bet you'll come back with amazing news. :D

What time do you go in?

I'm in at 10.30am. I'm just so scared that it's another mmc. But there's nothing I can do if it is another one.
This pregnancy feels slightly different than with my angels. My symptoms seem to be more steady. ESP the tiredness and food aversions.
All I want is to have the scan and them say everything's fine. You're measuring right on track.

I'm sorry if you've already said, I have the memory of a gold fish, but have you been through any missed miscarriages with your losses? Tell me to shushh if I'm being nosey!

Awww, well I'll definitely be sending a little prayer for you tomorrow!

I've had 4 miscarriages. Two of them where chemical pregnancies, and I started bleeding two days after my BFP's. One of them was a miscarriage (might have been a blighted ovum but I never got a scan so it's a mystery). And one of them was a blighted ovum that was diagnosed at 6 weeks, and I miscarried two weeks later. I've never seen a bean on a scan, ever. I SO hope this time will be different!

And you're not being nosey. :p I'm happy to share!

I'm so sorry for all of your losses. It's just so cruel. All you can do now I'd be healthy and take your folic acid. Has your doc talked about baby aspirin to you? It's worth asking if it helps keep your beanie safe.

I've had happy scans with my 3 older children so I'm very lucky.

It is cruel. :( But I'm a firm believer of everything happens for a reason. And you know, my losses really have made me appreciate the fragility of life so much more.

I did ask my doctor about baby aspirin, and he said it doesn't really do anything, but I could take it if I wanted to. He actually called it voodoo magic! Whatever, I've been taking it anyway along with a prescription dose of folic acid and progesterone suppositories AND prenatals. At least I know I'm doing EVERYTHING I can!

Keep us updated tomorrow, I'll be looking for your happy news! ;)

You sound like you're doing everything in your power. Now it's just down to bubs!!

I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow :)

Suzywuzy, 7 weeks is my number too. I lost both my angels at 7 weeks. They were both 2 weeks behind tho. I'm also hoping to get past 7 weeks.
Sorry rowan!! This is your journal lol !!x

Thanks Embo. The 7 week mark seems to be a big milestone as the heart shoud be beating by then and if we both see it on a scan then surely we can relax nd assume we'll be okay this time. You're almost there so thats great! xxx

aye it sounds like you're doing everything you can alison - fingers crossed x

Embo - wishing you such good luck for your scan tmro x

Thanks girls :)

Suzy I saw a heartbeat with both my angels but unfortunately still miscarried :cry:

Thanks Rowan!

Embo, I can't even imagine miscarrying after still seeing a heartbeat on an ultrasound, that's heartbreaking. :(

:yipee: Allison! You put a ticker on!! PMA is the way to go!!

I know! :happydance: It was so fun to look at all the different ones! I can't wait to see what each week brings on my tickers. I'm a dork like that.

GOOD LUCK at your scan today! I've been thinking of you all morning.

Had my scan. There was a sac and yolk sac and what *could* be a fetal pole. Apparently I was full of gas which made it very difficult to scan properly. I was dated at 5 and half to 6 weeks so only a few days out. I'm very sure of my dates though.

I'll be scanned again in 10 days so I'm just hoping a praying my bean grows nice and strong.

That's better than anything I've ever been able to see on an ultrasound.

It's still soooo early. Sucks that you have to wait another 10 days, though. I hate the whole waiting game thing, it's so nerve-wracking!

But a fetal pole should be present at 6+3. This is why I won't get my hopes up.

But didn't you say they saw something that looked like there might be a fetal pole? Also, remember that they were having a hard time with the scan in the first place. Everything is so small at this point, it would be easy to miss it--especially with imaging issues.

Is there any way you might not be *as* far along as you think you are? Maybe you implanted a bit late? Try to stay positive! I'm sending good, sticky thoughts your way. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->