Hoping for BFP straight after loss...when should i test?

Bee_Weird

Reaction score
hi
started medical management of my mmc on 4th July, bleeding stopped around the 9th. got a BBT, had a spike which ended Saturday night (16th) although i only got my BBT on the tuesday so i'm not sure what i'm doing with that!
i also got some of those strip tests, 10miu got BFN tuesday night and wednesday night
have done the dance at least every couple of days since the bleeding stopped.
on Friday i had some spotting, although the dance had been did that morning so at the time i thought it was either my period coming or just me having a sensitive cervix still.

but i think i'm pregnant, in a 'you just know' sort of way.
took a strip test this morning, BFN :nope:
but i've been feeling sick in the mornings-early evening but fine by bedtime. which is about half eight at the minute as i'm utterly shattered. Usually no matter how late i go to bed i'm up at 7 at the weekends, this weekend i went to bed fairly early and was up at 10. :sleep:
the ladies aren't sore but they never went down in size after the last time so currently none of my bras fit.
and i've been feeling uncomfortable bloated, like my insides are too big for my outsides (ironic really, considering the size of me)

i've only felt like this once before, the first time i was pregnant. However, i'm conscious that as i've never had a mc before i've no idea if this is how i'm meant to feel right now or not.

SO after my life story, what i want to know is when should i be testing to get a definite yes or no? i don't know if now is too soon, and looking at reviews on amazon there's several women who got a false negative with the strip tests. so i think i might wait til the right time, test again, if still negative, make sure with a clear blue.
spanner in the works of that plan being i'm going to Amsterdam this weekend for my birthday and obviously i'd like to celebrate it :winkwink:
a BFP is the only present i want, will i get funny looks if i take digi test in my hand luggage? lol x x

Without charting you do not know exactly when you ovulated and so really do not know when to test especially as it is your first cycle. If you are charting then you need to be taking your temp at the same time each morning having had at least 3 hour sleep and stick the thermometer in your mouth before you do anything. Your temps usually go down before ov then up after ov, have a look at my ticker.

The only thing I can suggest is that if you have a negative today then test 10-14 days from now?

Good luck and fingers crossed. x

Oh and come join the threat whos ntnp straight after miscarriage not waiting for AF. There are ;loads of ladies there that can offer good advice, I find it really helpful. x

thanks and i know you're right, the chart is just wishful thinking
think i've been doing it right, first thing in the morning, under the tongue, wait til it beeps.
course, i'm sure it's not helped by the cat trying to headbutt it out my mouth! lol

Lol charting is really hard to master, I am on my 5th cycle and still finding it hard at times. Fingers crossed for you hun. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->