Hoping someone can offer up some advice with charting

kelyce522

Reaction score
Hi All!
I have been reading around on this site for a while, but have never posted before.
This is my first month temping, and am so confused!
I bought the Reli-On - 60-Second Basal Thermometer from Walmart and have temped every morning at 6:00AM before getting out of bed or talking. I have put the thermometer on the same spot every morning also. But, to me my chart seems very sparatic. I had a lot of EWCM last week, still have it this week but less.
Because I was curious, this morning I took my temp as normal at 6:00AM
but then went back after getting the whole family out for school and work and after drinking coffee and my temp was even lower by .02?
Do I have a terrible thermometer? Or am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance for any info you can offer up!

My Chart:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4bfe90/]My Ovulation Chart

How long are your cycles normally? If they're long I would just say you haven't O'd yet.

Thanks for the reply! It's looking like 34 days. FF says I should ovulate in the next 2 or 3 days, but every chart I look at the temps look so much more consistent than mine. Is it normal for them to bounce around so much?

Oh and last month I ovulated at cd22... If that makes a difference

Hmmm. I would wait before you worry too much. They do seem kind of crazy but you might still be able to see a pattern. If you can confirm ovulation with OPKs that'd probably be good this cycle, just to make sure you're not having an anovulatory cycle. A lot of the charts I see with crazy temps end up being anovulatory.

If you can't see a pattern and you know that you did ovulate I've heard that vaginal temping can give clear charts for people who have crazy oral ones.

Hi, my chart also seems to jump around and looks like a mountain range, making it hard to see the rise after ovulation. I know I sucks to hear this but being your first month temping, it is hard to see a pattern. I know, i got sick of hearing that too. I'm only on my third cycle temping myself. From what I have learnt, if your not ovulating at the same time each cycle, like me, your chart is going to be pretty up and down. Dont know why that affects temps, but apparently it does. As long as you temp same time every morning, after at least 3 hours solid sleep, they should be accurate. Make sure you note the time each morning, and other things such as illness or drinking for example as
these affect your temp. Even a bad nights sleep can raise your temp. Stick to it, and I recommend checking your cervical mucus (CM) in combination of temping, because temping will only indicate ovulation after it has happened. CM indicates its approaching. If your temps keeps on like it is and you get no raised temps (meaning at least 5 high temps above average after ovulation, or when you think it has occured), it may mean you didn't ovulate for this cycle. But keep charting, keep trying, and best of luck! Will try to show you my chart, so you can see your not alone-i know how frustrating it is when when everything you read says it should look like this, but it doesn't...

After a few cycles, then you can start to see patterns, sort of, so its hard with only one cycle. All you can do is keep trying, and (god forbid) if there is a problem, charting will help diagnose it early. Baby dust to us both!

Attachments

• ovuview_chart.jpg
    ovuview_chart.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1
And taking temps after waking up and moving around etc is just a waste of time that will make you worry, I did that the other day out of curiosity. After eating, at about 7pm, my temp was 35.78, when my morning one was around 36.2ish. All sorts of things affect temp after waking, so dont stress yourself by temping later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->