Hormonal day :( Hate the scale! Just need to vent!

Misslatino

Trying for #2
Reaction score
So I have been lying to myself, telling myself that I'm going to not worry about the amount of weight I'm gaining because its no use getting stressed for nothing and upsetting baby. I will be 26 weeks tomorrow. At my first (official) prenatal visit, I weighted 156 lbs. I am 5'8. I must add that I was not happy weighing that much as I gained 3 lbs the month before finding out I was pregnant after having a chemical pregnancy and getting extremely depressed. I weighed myself tonight (after promising OH I wouldn't because the scale always upsets me) and I have hit 190 lbs. My last doc appt about 4 weeks ago I weighed 180.4. I broke down tonight. I know that I sit around and snack all day. We recently moved to a different state and I don't really have friends and OH works while I sit at home. Tonight I'm just overwhelmed with sadness about now being fat and just lonely.

Sorry for the rant just feel bad crying to OH because he doesn't know what to say as I've never been so sensitive. Just so ready for this whole process to be done so I can look into my baby's eyes and this can be worth it!

Could you look into joining a prenatal fitness class (yoga, water fitness, etc). This will get you up and moving around, and you just might click with someone else in the class and start building a friendship!

Will definitely look into it. Not familiar with the area but nothing google can't tell me! That's a great idea an sounds fun thank you for replying. Just one of those nights last night that my hormones got the best of me. Today I feel much less depressed and am anxious to plan SOMETHING and be proactive about this issue instead of just whining haha.

I know my hospital has some fitness centers associated with it, that has different classes. Yours might have something similar. Check with gyms, fitness centers, the local YMCA, etc.

I know my hospital has some fitness centers associated with it, that has different classes. Yours might have something similar. Check with gyms, fitness centers, the local YMCA, etc.

Googling right now!!

Aww, I'm sorry your getting so down about it! I feel the same as you :hugs: Try not to be too upset or stress over it... My pre pregnancy weight was 138lbs, and I'm up to 166lbs!!! Sometimes I feel really down about it especially when I read stories about girls who gained such little weight by the week I'm at(24weeks apx). About 2 weeks ago though I started going to a gym to do some light cardio for about 35-40min a day...I'm hoping at my next doctors appointment they wont tell me I gained! But if I do I'm gonna try not to be too sad, sometimes you can eat well and get moderate activity but still gain during pregnancy all depends on the person. :)

Aww, I'm sorry your getting so down about it! I feel the same as you :hugs: Try not to be too upset or stress over it... My pre pregnancy weight was 138lbs, and I'm up to 166lbs!!! Sometimes I feel really down about it especially when I read stories about girls who gained such little weight by the week I'm at(24weeks apx). About 2 weeks ago though I started going to a gym to do some light cardio for about 35-40min a day...I'm hoping at my next doctors appointment they wont tell me I gained! But if I do I'm gonna try not to be too sad, sometimes you can eat well and get moderate activity but still gain during pregnancy all depends on the person. :)

Thanks. I know exactly what you mean by reading others stories. I've got a friend who's due any day now and has only gained 20 lbs total! My mother gained like 90 lbs with me and I was born via emergency c section about 8 weeks early so who knows what her total weight gain would've been. My mother was back in pre pregnancy clothes by the time her maternity leave was up though so she says this is probably just a lot of water weight and I need not get so down. OH has told me I may pick out an elliptical for my valentines day present if I want so that I can stay active at home while he's working and that has me in a better mood. We will see what the doctors say about my 10 lb gain since last visit when I go back Friday!

Thats really nice of your OH! :) Those elliptical machines are really nice! Thats mostly what I use when I go to the gym, sometimes treadmill too. Best of luck to you and never feel bad about yourself! (or try not too lol I know how hard it can be.)

My sister (5',110) gained 100 lbs with her second, and lost it all in months. She ate a bit more, but not much different than her first when she gained less than half that. Every baby effects you differently.

I gained four stone with my first, and lost it within three months after his birth! Try not to worry - what's done is done, and as another poster said, classes are lots of fun and may help you to slow down your weight gain xx

I'm sorry you're so sad! I'm a new place too and my husband works insane hours so I'm alone a lot. Im a social person and hate feeling like such a friendless loser:( I also had a huge cry last night because I really dont like gaining weight (My sister had kindly just informed me that I looked huge in a pic). I suppose we just have to remember that it's all for the baby. I've been trying to walk a lot and that helps you feel better about your body and can alleviate the boredom too. I use a pedometer and it's nice to see the steps stack up. I also joined pregnancy yoga, more to meet people than to get fit. I hope you feel better soon!

Your pre-preg weight was completely normal with a good BMI. UK guidelines say you 'should' gain between 25-35lb (don't know what the guidelines are in your part of the world.) But they don't account for other things like you could be carrying more water etc. You might be like me & gain really quickly early on, but I haven't got much bigger or put weight on in 3rd tri. It's difficult being at home on your own all day, I'm the same. I have a couple of friends but they work, so I basically spend all day every day on my own. What helps is to make sure I leave the house at least once a day & go for a walk or run some errands. Now's not the time to be starting any diets or new exercises, but changing some of the foods you snack on so you're still eating but eating better, & gentle exercise like swimming or pregnancy fit classes like other posters mentioned should be good. Just think of all you can do after the birth to get back in shape. I've got a fitness DVD I bought but couldn't use because I found out I was pregnant. I am so excited to take the wrapper off & get started when I'm recovered after the birth! And lastly don't be so hard on yourself! You will have the opportunity to get back in shape after your baby's born. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->