Horrible anatomy scan?? please help!

milliemel

Reaction score
I had my anatomy scan today at 18weeks and 4 days. The tech was annoying. She hardly said anything. She kept making weird faces which worried me. The baby kept moving in weird positions so she had trouble looking at certain things. As I was leaving I asked if everything looked okay and she told me she couldn't tell me anything. So now I can't help but think that something is wrong. And she gave me horrible pictures. Has anyone else had a scan like this? :/ I was so excited for it and now i'm just disappointed.

Have they rebooked the scan? It's most likely that baby was being very awkward and she couldn't get the measurements needed. If they haven't then she probably got what's needed but from experience if there was anything wrong they would have informed you there and then. I have to be 100% honest that my 20 week scans have always been similar, the sonographers don't talk much as they need to concentrate and I've never had good pictures as we have the nhs here and the hospital makes it clear that the scan is for medical purposes and not pictures. But they still charge you for the rubbish pictures which is what annoys me. We always pay for a private scan around the same time so we get some enjoyment out of a scan though. It's such a different experience. And we have some beautiful pictures from the private clinic.

Honestly, it sounds like a regular scan. Babies can get in really difficult positions which makes it hard to see things. They aren't usually chatty as they need to concentrate on their job. I have always seen the dr straight after my scans anyway to tell me if there are issues. The sonographers legally can't say much. And scans are for medical purposes, good pictures are a bonus really. If you want nice pictures I would book a private one. Not that it's a guarantee, mine was private and I got about 50 photos, but they were terrible as she was in a difficult spot. I didn't get a single profile shot, most were of the top of her head or femur

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->