Horrible Horrible bum rash :(

saraendepity

Daisy's Mummy and TTC!
Reaction score
ok as the title says really !! daisy has the worst worst bum rash i have seen!! it looks like her bum has been burned :( and its all my fault friday night daisy woke me whimpering on at 4 am which is soooooooo not like her but i didnt think anything of it and she settled after 5 mins. got up in the morning and she'd done a big smelly poo and i'm convinced having her bum in the poo for that long has caused it:( i put a little bepanthen on yesterday and left her nappy off for a couple of hours but its even worse today!! its all dry and red and looks sooooooo sore :cry: i feel sooooooo awful, she's done her poo for today so i'm leaving her nappy off for the rest of the day to help hopefully but dunno what else to do..i dont have any chammomile tea in to put on but i was thinking if i expressed a little milk maybe that might help??? i dont want to put anything on it incase it aggrevates it even more:cry::cry::cry::cry:

i really dont know what to do to help her to cap it all off she's teething today too so she's having one hell of a bad day :cry:

my poor little bubba:baby::cry::baby::cry:

Poor Daisy :hugs:

Yeah I have read that breastmilk put on nappyrash is good.

The only time this has happened to us was when Freya was 2 weeks old she had sickness and diarrohea, this made her bum look burnt, we used sudocrem, bepanthen and chamomile tea, it gradually got better over about 4/5 days, and the burnt looking skin sort of dried up and fell off. Didn't look very nice.

Not had it since then. I think the things that causes it is if they do a poo and then it mixes with wee on their skin. Or teething poos are pretty acidic. :(

The antibacterial properties in breastmilk make it an ideal treatment for a variety of skin conditions both for your baby and for you because it is mild on your baby’s skin and does not contain extra ingredients that will aggravate allergies. Wash the affected area with breastmilk to be sure it is clean. Breastmilk is a sterile solution and will clean your infant’s skin gently. After the area has been cleaned, apply a thin layer of breastmilk and allow it to air dry. This same technique can be used to prevent eczema flare-ups, treat other skin rashes, and cure and prevent diaper rashes

Found this somewhere :)

Poor daisy :hugs: sounds like you're doing everything right though. we only get napy rash on occasion, usually only during teething periods. I do find though, it does tend to get worse before it gets better. I always treat with sudacrem immeaditly and try and get fresh air to her bum. Never tried the expressed milk thing tho, good idea!

ooh thanks hun :) it just looks sooo sore like its really nasty excema SP? she's finally fell off to sleep and seems a little more settled now..gonna put a bit EBM on n see if it helps her, i hate putting rash creams on as you never really know whats in it ..... heres hoping it clears up very soon, poor little thing :cry:

take her to the docs hun, thats what leylas looked like except i left it thinking it was just nappy rash until it started bleeding, then i took her to doctors and it was thrush :( you never know

x

thats what i thought this morning..seeing my hv tomorrow, will she recognise thrush or be as useless with that as everythin else????/

id think shed recognise it but u never know, id book appt with docs aswell just to be on safe side

hv cant give u prescription either can she?

x

I've had this happen with my oldest when he was in diapers, and I used to use the Lansinoh (sp?) nipple cream on his bottom. I don't know if you guys have that over there, but it's used for sore, cracked nipples when breastfeeding. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. I didn't really like using rash creams either, and a nurse at our pediatricians office gave me that little tip. It worked wonders!

DDs only had nappy rash (that couldn't be cured by fresh air and sudocreme) when it was actually Thrush so best to get it checked.

Hope she's ok.

Def check with your HV hun. I know ours can prescribe for thrush :)

How is she now?

she was really sore when i put her in the bath, obv it was stinging when she first got in but it seemed to soothe it after a couple of minutes but it just seems to be getting worse :cry: she's gone down as normal and i've found my softest fleece liner to go in her nappy so hopefully it wont be too bad for her overnight. its worse where the nappy leg holes stit tho so i'm dreading what its gonna be like tomorrow morning...gonna speak to HV tomorrow and if she doesnt say/do anything i'm taking her to the docs as it looks like it might wanna start bleeding soon :cry:

i feel so sorry for my little baba

Oh poor Daisy, I hope you get something sorted tomorrow. I have no experience of thrush, but hopefully if it is that you can get something for it and start getting her better quick as poss.

:hugs:

thanks hun, its gotta be something wrong cos it just seemed to get worse and worse today, i just dont understand where it has come from :nope: there was absolutely NOTHING there till saturday morning and it has just exploded i really honestly could cry for her :cry: :cry: :cry:

Poor sweethearts. (you and Daisy!) You're doing everything right and all you can until you can get her in to see the doctor. I hope they take care of her tomorrow! :hugs:

I don't know if you have anywhere near you but silver liners are supposed to be great! If not, sure you can buy them with next day delivery online xx

I don't know if you have anywhere near you but silver liners are supposed to be great! If not, sure you can buy them with next day delivery online xx

Also, I used to have a silk liner which was really good, I would send you it but I never used it so sold it :(.

Poor mummy & baby :( have you tried metanium cream? its great x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->