Horrible tooth ache

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
I have no idea what's causing it, I went to the dentist a week and a half ago and they didn't see anything that should be hurting... Got my teeth cleaned and that's all.. but now again it's hurting soooo bad I'm falling apart..I had to call out of work today... I took 2 tylenol but it's not helping, im sitting with ice on my face. The whole right side hurts, including my ear and neck, it's awful.

Does anybody have any idea what it might be or what I can do about it? It's terrible :cry:

An infection. You need antibiotics.

Sometimes just by looking at a tooth, you won't see infection. It's usually at the end of the apex (root) way under the gum. You wouldn't see it without an x-Ray, which they most likely won't do while you're pregnant. But if you're getting pain that severe, with it going to your ear & neck, then I'd say that's what it is.

Pregnancy can be really tough on our teeth - one of the not so great things about being pregnant. I'd agree with the above post, if there is no visible damage it could be an infection or it could be decay inbetween a tooth that's not visible. Unfortunately, X-rays are out the question right? I had toothache on a daily basis for about 3 months before I got pregnant and it was so tough...exhausting. Like you, my dentist could not see where the problem was coming from so gave me antibiotics which didn't solve the problem. After an xray, he found that I had a food trap and pulled that horrible decayed tooth out. Hope you can get to the bottom of it. Toothache is no fun. :(

During my early pregnancy I had a bad toothache...found out its one of the lovely pregnancy symptoms. After no more than a few days it went away and has never returned. I would wait it out a little longer and then if it doesnt go away go get it looked at. Xrays are fine during pregnancy as long as you let them know you are pregnant and they will make sure you are fully covered up.

I had a horrible toothache that lasted for a week when I was 9 weeks pregnant. It went away and hasn't come back, but it was pretty awful. I was going to see the dentist but then it went away so I don't know what caused it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->